Quote:
Originally Posted by sockpuppet4

It does that on my phone and on the emulator as well. Try this:

Code:
adb pull /system/app/Maps.apk MapsBAK.apk
adb remount
adb push youroriginalmaps.apk /system/app/Maps.apk
adb shell reboot

I did this (in the push line, I pushed the Maps.apk from the milestone.rar file) and the new Maps application (build 3232) is now installed and working.

I have also pushed the unaltered build.prop from a 1.6 AVD onto /system/build.prop on my phone. I am not able to get cell service with this build.prop but it has also not fooled the new maps app. When I press menu->more->about, it still thinks the Platform is "android:HTC-dream-T_MobileG1" unlike on the emulator was something like "generic-sdk".

10th November 2009, 07:00 PM |#152  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAguirre1231

The nav is U.S. only, that's why.

It was more a question of whether that meant it would only ship with US devices, or if it would only work in the US. Apparently, it's the latter, at least until Google replaces their map providers in other countries.
10th November 2009, 07:00 PM |#153  
Flag I'm Guessing your mom isn't a valid city
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Looks to be happening right here:

Code:
D/GpsLocationProvider(   54): startNavigating
E/LocationManagerService(   54): requestUpdates got exception:
E/LocationManagerService(   54): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: provider=ne
twork
E/LocationManagerService(   54):        at com.android.server.LocationManagerSer
vice.requestLocationUpdatesLocked(LocationManagerService.java:861)
E/LocationManagerService(   54):        at com.android.server.LocationManagerSer
vice.requestLocationUpdates(LocationManagerService.java:831)
E/LocationManagerService(   54):        at android.location.ILocationManager$Stu
b.onTransact(ILocationManager.java:79)
E/LocationManagerService(   54):        at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder
.java:287)
E/LocationManagerService(   54):        at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native
Method)
given that it's saying provider=network, I'm guessing they rigged it to make absolutely sure you're running on Verizon's CDMA band.

EDIT: Hmm wait, was that on the emulator with navigation working? Or was this a logcat from when it fails?

Most likely, especially since right before that it says illegalargumentexception, they probably have it set to only allow it for Verizon as of now
10th November 2009, 07:01 PM |#154  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by followinginsanity

you said "it works" what exactly works?

clarifying for my own testing

Well, I meant that I have a wifi network available here and my phone's wifi connection is up and running (although I stated it very poorly).
10th November 2009, 07:03 PM |#155  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

Most likely, especially since right before that it says illegalargumentexception, they probably have it set to only allow it for Verizon as of now

That's what I was thinking but re-reading his post, it sounds like that was from the emulator with Navigator working. What would be a bit more useful is one from a G1 that tried to run this .apk and had navigator fail to show up.
10th November 2009, 07:03 PM |#156  
Flag Hampton
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Ooh ok I wondered if you meant navi :P thought we were on to something for a min.
10th November 2009, 07:06 PM |#157  
Flag Pittsburgh

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

That's what I was thinking but re-reading his post, it sounds like that was from the emulator with Navigator working. What would be a bit more useful is one from a G1 that tried to run this .apk and had navigator fail to show up.

Edit: Never mind, I misunderstood what you said.
10th November 2009, 07:15 PM |#158  
Flag I'm Guessing your mom isn't a valid city
Thanks Meter: 37

More
I'm thinking one of us should go start a new thread to stop this thread from getting clogged.
10th November 2009, 07:30 PM |#159  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 8

More
more tonight
Hey... I had to take last night off... I did push ALL the new apk's and ALL the framework to my g1 and with some mods on boot.img (I fastboot flashed to apply changes in / directory) I did get the port to come up with no framework from the emulator or the old sholes drop.. I HAD to push a few of the new lib.so files. Tonight I hope to get around to updating the xbin, etc and a few more things to get it to come up (this requires setting file permissions and I don't want to do this via adb shell... It's take too much concentration and leaves no trail of process. this means back to
1 CHANGE
2 ZIP
3 SIGN
4 PUSH
5 WIPE/FLASH
6 TEST
7 REPEAT...LOL
I will post progress on twitter... @barakinflorida...

When I now that the boot.img will at least boot the phone up I will post it..
http://twitter.com/maxisma rocks..
10th November 2009, 07:33 PM |#160  
Flag Pittsburgh

More
Quote:

I'm thinking one of us should go start a new thread to stop this thread from getting clogged.

Good idea since we've gotten off-topic: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=582656
11th November 2009, 12:32 AM |#161  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
info
Could someone please tell me where the wallpapers are located in the rom dump?...Thanks alot.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)