OStart : New App for the Gear

Search This thread

cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.preiss.ostart

The finger friendliest way of Starting Apps on your Smartwatch.

Totaly user configurable:
Layouts 2x2,3x3, 4x4
Background Color
Possible to add Apps, Settings Shortcuts, Contact Shortcuts
Possible to save layouts

Swipe left or right to change layout.

Adaptive Mode:
1. Make a list with the apps launched the more often with any of the other list.
2. Allow to sort any list following their app usage.
3. Possible to stick the number of apps you choose at the beginning of an adaptive list.
4. Filter the apps usage reports (by date, hours, location...) to get the right apps when you need them.
5. Sync or merge reports between android phones using it.
6. Backup your data so that every time you get a new phone, the app usage data just get bigger and the adaptive mode better.
** This is still a beta version with only one app list and basic adaptive mode **
In current state, the adaptive mode will only sort the app list by globlal usage and can't be disabled.

Last edited:

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
This should be a home screen widget.. would be perfect for novalauncher or any other third party launchers for that matter..

Kind of pointless if you ask me..

hurdlejade

Sep 29, 2012
This should be a home screen widget.. would be perfect for novalauncher or any other third party launchers for that matter..

Kind of pointless if you ask me..

i have exactly the same feeling. no offence, but i can't find a single use for this that i won't get with nova launcher.
i'm not a developer, but i think we need more apps that are optimized for gear - and i don't mean a launcher like this, but apps like voice recorder, music player, perhaps a text reader.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.preiss.ostart

The finger friendliest way of Starting Apps on your Smartwatch.

Totaly user configurable:
    Layouts 2x2,3x3, 4x4
    Background Color
    Possible to add Apps, Settings Shortcuts, Contact Shortcuts
    Possible to save layouts

Swipe left or right to change layout.

Adaptive Mode:
    1. Make a list with the apps launched the more often with any of the other list.
    2. Allow to sort any list following their app usage.
    3. Possible to stick the number of apps you choose at the beginning of an adaptive list.
    4. Filter the apps usage reports (by date, hours, location...) to get the right apps when you need them.
    5. Sync or merge reports between android phones using it.
    6. Backup your data so that every time you get a new phone, the app usage data just get bigger and the adaptive mode better.
    ** This is still a beta version with only one app list and basic adaptive mode **
    In current state, the adaptive mode will only sort the app list by globlal usage and can't be disabled.
    Thanks...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Kinda nice, but there's no way to see the time on it. I'm pretty partial to seeing the time on my watch, LOL.