Help! I'm stuck i think only softbrick hopefully

Search This thread

iamflamez

Oct 18, 2012
think i soft bricked my phone, can someone help me please,

I was on monx (257)
I flashed monXdifedZ-Honami-290_v03.00-02P] rom 4.3 from recovery
switched off my phone,
then used flashtool instructions with generic UK (290) excluding system only because there was no TA option, but at the end of flashing it said
"For flashtool, Unknown Sources and Debugging must be checked in phone settings"

but I cant boot my phone now to enable USB debugging and i cant get into recovery

I made a twrp backup of my (257) before flashing so what shall i do now???

I'm guessing I should flash stock 257 but I dont know which options to tick in flashtool??

also will i be able to root and install recovery again on 257 or do i need to go back to 534?

Last edited:

Meni30

Nov 29, 2013
think i soft bricked my phone, can someone help me please,

I was on monx (257)
I flashed monXdifedZ-Honami-290_v03.00-02P] rom 4.3 from recovery
switched off my phone,
then used flashtool instructions with generic UK (290) excluding system only because there was no TA option, but at the end of flashing it said
"For flashtool, Unknown Sources and Debugging must be checked in phone settings"

but I cant boot my phone now to enable USB debugging and i cant get into recovery

I made a twrp backup of my (257) before flashing so what shall i do now???

I'm guessing I should flash stock 257 but I dont know which options to tick in flashtool??

also will i be able to root and install recovery again on 257 or do i need to go back to 534?

Do you have a bootlop can u enter in flashmode again ? I would recommand not to play with this stuff (4.3 update) u will end with a hard brick and then it will be a uselles dead phone ,try reparing using PCC !

iamflamez

Oct 18, 2012
Do you have a bootlop can u enter in flashmode again ? I would recommand not to play with this stuff (4.3 update) u will end with a hard brick and then it will be a uselles dead phone ,try reparing using PCC !

I now flashed stock 257 with flashtool, i still have my files and apps, but i have lost my nav bar, notification panel, root and recovery :(

edit: im back on 290 it was the generic uk 290 ftf that was cauding me problems,

only thing now is when i get a phone call the picture is really squashed and the green and red button are next to eachother directly.

Last edited: