FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Need help fixing soft bricked Proscan tablet

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By SpaceNigs, Junior Member on 7th January 2014, 03:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I was trying to install Chainfire 3D and I guess I did something wrong because I'm now stuck in a boot loop.
I have a Proscan PLT9045k tablet rooted. I was running a stock rom and kernel. Whenever I try to boot it up now it just freezes on the Proscan logo, I can't even make it to the Android boot screen.
Can anyone help?
 
 
7th January 2014, 03:35 PM |#2  
droidinterest's Avatar
Member
Flag Bogor
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNigs

I was trying to install Chainfire 3D and I guess I did something wrong because I'm now stuck in a boot loop.
I have a Proscan PLT9045k tablet rooted. I was running a stock rom and kernel. Whenever I try to boot it up now it just freezes on the Proscan logo, I can't even make it to the Android boot screen.
Can anyone help?

remove the battery, and reinsert , enter recovery mode and wipe all and reboot,
7th January 2014, 03:44 PM |#3  
rahulraz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Patna
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Solved
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidinterest

remove the battery, and reinsert , enter recovery mode and wipe all and reboot,

if you are able to go to recovery mode in your device just wipe data and cache every thing will be solved and if you are not able to go to recovery mode just install stock rom of your device.......
press thanks if i helped
8th January 2014, 12:17 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulraz

if you are able to go to recovery mode in your device just wipe data and cache every thing will be solved and if you are not able to go to recovery mode just install stock rom of your device.......
press thanks if i helped

I've tried that multiple times and I'm still stuck on the boot loop. And looking online I could only find a .img of the firmware for my tablet. It's hard to find any support at all for this model.
7th November 2017, 04:55 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
how I fixed my proscan tablet
I know this is super old but I hope this helps someone someday,
I bricked a proscan (made by curtis international) tablet, I found the proper firmware on the legacy.curtisint (dot) com/support/manuals.asp?p=15 web page
after unzipping all the contents and the zip file that is in the main folder I connected the tablet to the PC via USB with the power to the tablet off
look for RKbatchtool.exe in the batch tool folder, load the *.img file in the main folder in that program, below there will be many greyed out boxes numbered 1-8 iirc
press and hold the power button on the tablet until you hear the USB insert sound from your computer (the screen will stay black but it has turned on to the firmware loading function)
in the RKbatchtool program one of the greyed out boxes at the bottom should now be green or flashing and allow you to properly reload the firmware
let it run and it will auto complete and tell you when completed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes