[Q] after new baseband no calls

Search This thread

robatkills

Jan 8, 2014
Hey friends,

I really looked everything up, but I could not find anything what helped me with my problem.
I have a Galaxy S4 (GT-i9505) and I wanted to update my modem from MKE to ML6. Because I had some issues with updating it (there still was the MKE at my "Status" after updating to ML6), I tried to double-overwrite it (someone wrote at a forum, that that will solbe the overwriting method). So, I started Odin 3.09 and deleted the "Auto Reboot" option. After the first flashing, I took out the battery and replaced it again. Then I did a secound modem flashing. The result was: There was still the MKE modem AND I cannot call anyone. Everytime I try to call someone and I click the call button, my Galaxy seems to crash. The screen is getting black and I have to shut it down by holding the power button for several secounds. Of course, I already tried out other modems (like to MKE modem again and MJ8), but the problem still exists.

Could anybody please help me!

Thanks,
Robert

A|ex

Oct 8, 2008
Hong Kong
Have you tried changing rom + modem? you cannot just randomly try modems with a certain rom as some will work others not.

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
Hey friends,

I really looked everything up, but I could not find anything what helped me with my problem.
I have a Galaxy S4 (GT-i9505) and I wanted to update my modem from MKE to ML6. Because I had some issues with updating it (there still was the MKE at my "Status" after updating to ML6), I tried to double-overwrite it (someone wrote at a forum, that that will solbe the overwriting method). So, I started Odin 3.09 and deleted the "Auto Reboot" option. After the first flashing, I took out the battery and replaced it again. Then I did a secound modem flashing. The result was: There was still the MKE modem AND I cannot call anyone. Everytime I try to call someone and I click the call button, my Galaxy seems to crash. The screen is getting black and I have to shut it down by holding the power button for several secounds. Of course, I already tried out other modems (like to MKE modem again and MJ8), but the problem still exists.

Could anybody please help me!

Thanks,
Robert

it seems that your doing in a wrong way mate Try this , Turn OFF your Phone Manually (Wait about 5 sec) Now press and hold Power+VolumeDown in order to reach Download mode. Open odin select PHONE/CP (Find the modem you download) Connect the cables (check to see if it shows added on top/or should be a blue?Notsure or wait atleast 10 sec) then click start ,once done , remove the cable. and after done rebooting go to you phone setting>More>Device info and check if your baseband version change. have a nice day.

robatkills

Jan 8, 2014
it seems that your doing in a wrong way mate Try this , Turn OFF your Phone Manually (Wait about 5 sec) Now press and hold Power+VolumeDown in order to reach Download mode. Open odin select PHONE/CP (Find the modem you download) Connect the cables (check to see if it shows added on top/or should be a blue?Notsure or wait atleast 10 sec) then click start ,once done , remove the cable. and after done rebooting go to you phone setting>More>Device info and check if your baseband version change. have a nice day.

Thanks, but that is what I have done at least ten times. I tried Odin3.04 and Odin3.09. I tried MKE, ML6, MJ8. I tried Google Roms 4.4 and 4.3, as well as other custom roms. That's weird!

A|ex

Oct 8, 2008
Hong Kong
I have never had any luck with 3.09 i always stick to 3.07, where are you getting your modems rom?

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
Thanks, but that is what I have done at least ten times. I tried Odin3.04 and Odin3.09. I tried MKE, ML6, MJ8. I tried Google Roms 4.4 and 4.3, as well as other custom roms. That's weird!

Mind giving this a shot?pull your battery out wait a few sec atleast and put it back and then hold and press power+volume down /follow the tutorial on top. Check to see if the modem gonna change .

Sent from Hell ?

robatkills

Jan 8, 2014
Mind giving this a shot?pull your battery out wait a few sec atleast and put it back and then hold and press power+volume down /follow the tutorial on top. Check to see if the modem gonna change .

Sent from Hell ?

Which tutorial do you mean?
btw: sending a sms works, as well as receiving....but no incoming or outgoing calls :(

Pfeffernuss

Jun 30, 2009
Wassenaar
Had the same thing yesterday, tried all sorts of modems, with no avail.

Ended up flashing a stock rooted Rom (MGA), flashing a custom recovery and restored a Nandroid. Forgot that flashing a complete stock Rom usually also wipes the internal SD so that was a bit of a hassle.

Now, running a new Rom again, with Wifi, sound and being able to make/receive calls again. Easiest fix also: flash a (compatible) stock Rom :good:

Reactions: robatkills

robatkills

Jan 8, 2014

Ended up flashing a stock rooted Rom (MGA), flashing a custom recovery and restored a Nandroid. Forgot that flashing a complete stock Rom usually also wipes the internal SD so that was a bit of a hassle.

Now, running a new Rom again, with Wifi, sound and being able to make/receive calls again. Easiest fix also: flash a (compatible) stock Rom :good:

Thank you mate. I also found (5 sec before I read your post) this post here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46969768&postcount=2

So, everything works now. The short version for other guys with the problems is:
- flash stock rom via Odin (PDA)
- you can find the stock rom for your country at sammobile.com
- also use the "pit-file" of the linked post (but I don't know, what the pit-file is changing?!)
optional:
- re-root your device again, because now it is not rooted
- new custom rom

Thanks for every help!!!
Robert

Guller

Dec 20, 2012
Heusden, Limburg
Try flashing ML6 Firmware and ML6 Modem (and Wi-Fi fix if needed), had the same issue but after doing so it's fixed.

Occured 1 time again, did a cache wipe didn't occur in 2days now.

Pfeffernuss

Jun 30, 2009
Wassenaar
Try flashing ML6 Firmware and ML6 Modem (and Wi-Fi fix if needed), had the same issue but after doing so it's fixed.

Occured 1 time again, did a cache wipe didn't occur in 2days now.

Except flashing the Wifi Fix was the thing I did to ruin it all. Don't flash a "new" Wifi fix using an old bootloader. You will lose sound/being able to make calls. It's the thing that messed it all up over here.

Guller

Dec 20, 2012
Heusden, Limburg
Except flashing the Wifi Fix was the thing I did to ruin it all. Don't flash a "new" Wifi fix using an old bootloader. You will lose sound/being able to make calls. It's the thing that messed it all up over here.

I was already on the new bootloader.I've flashed Original FW, Modem + Wi-Fi fix and it fixed my phone. (Possibly also PIT but can't remember)
It can be that our problems were different but produced the same problem.. I'm not a dev nor do I understand everything about Android.
I can be wrong, but that's how I fixed my phone. Just trying to help

:cowboy:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.