Official support for Galaxy Tab 7 Plus and 7.7 ( P6200 , P6210 , P6800 and P6810 )

Search This thread

juniorhxcx

Mar 14, 2012
São Paulo
Xiaomi Poco F3
First I 'm sorry for this my English!

We know that the Galaxy SII is one of the most popular gadgets that have , and even receive several Customs Roms , even the hardware the same as not being friendly with the developer apparently , but the success and quality of ROMs is incredible .

Because of this , came through this post , ask for them to give attention to the 7-inch Tablet from Samsung , especially the Plus series, which has a great hardware , even for the times , briefly have the same CPU and GPU Galaxy SII .

Because of this , I may be wrong , but I believe the quality of this team of developers, who could reuse much of the code of the Galaxy SII adapting to these devices .

We do have some Customs unofficial ROMs , but none of them reached the level of being fully functional ( Wifi , 3G , Mass Storage , FC , ​​etc. ) , some things always have problems that hinder normal use . Have stayed up jealous of other devices that receive Roms officers enjoy an amazing quality even in Beta ( Nightly ) state until I was already regretting having bought my appliance, although it helps me a lot with my studies , and I hope to finish programming languages ​​and start working with Android and also help others .

So I fortifico my application to work with these Tablets 7 " which is still an Android 4.4.2 Kitkat would run smoothly , and I guarantee that has a mass of users that would be happy to enjoy a lightweight , functional , beautiful ROM , . everything the Kitkat has to offer will be even great, please affix these devices : Galaxy Tab Plus 7 " and 7.7 " ( P6200 , P6210 , P6800 and O6810 ) .

Reactions: eldeeb91

juniorhxcx

Mar 14, 2012
São Paulo
Xiaomi Poco F3
First thanks for your feedback Entropy512

Take this opportunity to thank the members of OmniROM because I'm using my Galaxy SII I9100 and me is the best ROM I've ever used , extremely high quality . This OmniROM gaining more fans here among my friends who have devices supported by Team Omni .

Thankfully we have some developers who have struggled and strive to bring Custom Rom for this great device , some as Aorth , Locerra , and now Daniel ( in which is trying to bring to our unit as OmniROM link:

Tab Plus P62XX
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565632

Tab Plus 7.7
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2535734

Here follows a video I found on Youtube , showing the ROM running:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itIFtJSptvY

But there is much difficulty in the development of the ROM , with many bugs : Wifi , 3G , Bluetooth , Mass Storage, CF, etc. .

The OmniROM this gained increasing recognition and twist hard for you , it really would be a very good gift to have a ROM Omni these Tablets 7 " almost a dream , since these devices are somewhat forgotten that the development community , a shame because today still have great hardware . worse than not having official support updated by the manufacturer ( Samsung ) is not having a backup of Custom Roms , especially those of such quality .

What is needed to start this procedure to have official support of Team OmniROM ? I can talk to Daniel and see what he can do, hopefully looking forward to this ROM (Das better now ) and uses them in Plus Tablet 7 " . Fondly Look for this request please .

There is information about the difficulties that Daniel is having to develop, if relevant would like to take a look, because we need help to keep these alive Tablets:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2593657

Thank you very much !...

Last edited:

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I coordinated routinely with aorth and locerra in the past.

The problem is that, for various reasons, these devices are a nightmare. Among other reasons were the closed-source ath6k wifi driver, which set back locerra and aorth for months. They also seem to be rife with other oddities that prevented them from using common device trees/kernels with the rest of the 4210 devices for a long time. (As opposed to the N80xx family which are pretty much I9300s with huge screens. :) )

I was considering purchasing one of these when it first came out until I heard about the whole ath6k source code mess - that turned off a LOT people and caused them to avoid the device.

juniorhxcx

Mar 14, 2012
São Paulo
Xiaomi Poco F3
From what I've seen is really hard to work with these devices , all that work has many difficulties to work Bluetooth and Wifi .

Entropy512 , think possible terms of official support OmniROM ? I am very hopeful about it as they are a team ( in large part), with talented developers ! ( I hope to be a so ^ ^ ) ;

Or also , any help, Daniel organized everything he needs to do the work in Kitkat Android tablet , the biggest problems continues with Bluetooth and Wifi , I think talves an adaptation of the i9100 can help in this matter , I can be wrong up .

Take a look and analyze for gentilza can help the struggling Daniel this well :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2593657

I very disappointed with the Samsung Exynos CPUs , as a lover of Custom Rom , it harms other developers , never picked up a device using these CPU , but I'm still very interested in taking a N80XX , is a marvel to study , not only found good for train schedule, still seems strange.

Please give me some hope for the P62XX and P68XX nor the Kitkat is the last update , but being with an Omni it will be great.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
It has hope of official support if someone does the bringup and submits it for inclusion.

No maintainer = no official support. In terms of device maintainers, our team is spread too thin as a whole already, so new devices really need to come from new people. And no one is going to go purchase an outdated device that's notorious for being a nightmare to work with.

juniorhxcx

Mar 14, 2012
São Paulo
Xiaomi Poco F3
Thanks Entropy512!

I'll take this question for Daniel, because he really needs help, it is much him alone. If you can resolve issues Bluetooth and Wifi Driver is already a breakthrough.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First I 'm sorry for this my English!

We know that the Galaxy SII is one of the most popular gadgets that have , and even receive several Customs Roms , even the hardware the same as not being friendly with the developer apparently , but the success and quality of ROMs is incredible .

Because of this , came through this post , ask for them to give attention to the 7-inch Tablet from Samsung , especially the Plus series, which has a great hardware , even for the times , briefly have the same CPU and GPU Galaxy SII .

Because of this , I may be wrong , but I believe the quality of this team of developers, who could reuse much of the code of the Galaxy SII adapting to these devices .

We do have some Customs unofficial ROMs , but none of them reached the level of being fully functional ( Wifi , 3G , Mass Storage , FC , ​​etc. ) , some things always have problems that hinder normal use . Have stayed up jealous of other devices that receive Roms officers enjoy an amazing quality even in Beta ( Nightly ) state until I was already regretting having bought my appliance, although it helps me a lot with my studies , and I hope to finish programming languages ​​and start working with Android and also help others .

So I fortifico my application to work with these Tablets 7 " which is still an Android 4.4.2 Kitkat would run smoothly , and I guarantee that has a mass of users that would be happy to enjoy a lightweight , functional , beautiful ROM , . everything the Kitkat has to offer will be even great, please affix these devices : Galaxy Tab Plus 7 " and 7.7 " ( P6200 , P6210 , P6800 and O6810 ) .
    Someone who is working with one of those devices and has it working needs to submit it.