xcesco89

Dec 7, 2010
V 1.1.50.0 pushed to PlayStore! :)
Changelog:
- Hopefully fixed some bugs that causes app crash
- Added Presets to MinFree settings
- App themes customized
- other minor changes

i'm already working on values that don't stick on boot. First i need to see if crashes decreases with this new version :)

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
How possible would it be to be able to set custom profiles in the CPU settings?

Like screen off CPU min/max/governor, battery 50% min/max/governor etc.

autocon

Nov 6, 2008
V 1.1.50.0 pushed to PlayStore! :)
Changelog:
- Hopefully fixed some bugs that causes app crash
- Added Presets to MinFree settings
- App themes customized
- other minor changes

i'm already working on values that don't stick on boot. First i need to see if crashes decreases with this new version :)

On GS3 with 1.1.4 crashed on GPU tab and Apply on Boot tab. On 1.1.5 both work now, no crashes, and values are sticking across boots for me. :good:

Last edited:

Rashiel

Jul 7, 2012
Stuhr
Hi!

This app works perfect!
Little question:
Is it possible to implement colour tweaks in it?

Thanks for quick response!

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

Rainy7

May 9, 2013
Just wanted to say thanks to the dev for this great app.
and its FREE with no strings attached!

LBN1

Feb 2, 2011
Great little app, props to the Developer @xcesco89

Just some feedback, on my HTC One running Insertcoin (Sense rom and GPE rom), the app would continue to frequently crash upon opening; then I would reopen it and it would seem to work ok. Also a suggestion, perhaps an "apply" button or check mark to apply the tweaks; and allow the phone's go back button to actually exit the app? Just some thoughts, thanks again.

xcesco89

Dec 7, 2010
Great little app, props to the Developer @xcesco89

Just some feedback, on my HTC One running Insertcoin (Sense rom and GPE rom), the app would continue to frequently crash upon opening; then I would reopen it and it would seem to work ok. Also a suggestion, perhaps an "apply" button or check mark to apply the tweaks; and allow the phone's go back button to actually exit the app? Just some thoughts, thanks again.

hi!
force close on first start some times happens due to file permissions (need to find a new way to read files i think) and i'm working on it :)

My application uses Preference class to apply settings and of course i can make custom classes by extending it, but when you already have checkboxes (like DT2W preferences) it's hard to add another checkbox. Anyway i will also find a solution for this thing, because multiple selection for some users it's not really friendly :p

This project it's not dead and i'm also adding some things ( build.prop mods and init.d tweaks ;) ) but i have a huge load of work to do in these months :)

Sorry if there was no updates in these weeks, they will come as soon as i can :)

dragonnn

Oct 16, 2011
Hi! The cpuquiet governor tuning shows cpu governor tuning, I am sure this is a bug. Btw will you continue to add more options to the app? I have some ideas for that. But first I have an other idea - you could add on option to load new options from a txt file, or xml - I mean create for example a category "custom" will allows user to load they own settings from a special formatted txt or xml file. With this it would be the ultimate kernel app for all possible kernels :D, I would be ready to buy a donation version for that :p.

Wysłane z mojego C6603 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys! :)
    i've made a simple app to manage various kernel parameters and i've also added some useful features that will help you with your "flashing mania" :D

Latest version of the app supports MOAR devices! :D

- Nexus 5 (O'RLY?!) :sly:
    - Htc One
    - Htc One X
    - Htc One X+
    - Galaxy Nexus
    - Nexus 4
    - Moto X
    - Moto G
    - Galaxy S4/S3/S2
    - Galaxy Note 1/2/3
    - Xperia Z1 / Z / Z Ultra
    - LG G2
    - LG G Flex

Follow the project on Google+ to get updates: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/101081078098156588800

yFQI8.png

FEATURES

GENERAL
    • LongPress one item to display the Contextual ActionBar, select values you want to set on boot and hit the heart icon

CPU Tuning
    • Cpu Max frequency
    • Cpu Min frequency
    • Governor
    • CpuQuiet
    • Governor fine tuning : manage every single paramenter of your preferred governor

GPU Tuning
    • Gpu Max frequency
    • Other Gpu Parameters if available

UnderVolt Table
    • Supports uv_mv_table and vdd_table
    • Batch undervolting
    • Single frequency voltage editing

Kernel specific values
    • I/O Scheduler
    • Read Ahead size
    • Tune Scheduler parameters
    • TCP Congestion control
    • Toggle Fast Charge
    • Toggle Fsync
    • DoubleTap 2 Wake
    • Sweep 2 Wake
    • Sweep 2 Sleep
    • Vibration intensity

Low Memory Killer
    • Tweak native android task killer

Review Items
    • a list that contains all values that will be applied on boot! You can also edit values from this tab ;)
    • Longpress one item to shoe the Contextual ActionBar, select values you want to Delete and hit the trash icon!

Simple File Explorer
    • Install Boot.img
    • install Recovery.img
    • Flash package

Backup
    • Backup Boot.img
    • Backup Recovery.img
    • swipe item on left/right to delete backup

Recovery Actions
    ONLY TWRP RECOVERY IS SUPPORTED!
    • Create a custom editable list of commands
    • Wipe Cache
    • Wipe Dalvik cache
    • Wipe Data
    • Install package
    • Nandroid Backup
    • Add and reorder commands as you wish, then hit the reboot button and take a coffee, your commands will be executed automatically and device will reboot automatically
    • Drag and drop and item to reorder
    • Swipe to the left/right, to delete command ;)

PERMISSIONS EXPLANATION:
    • Read/Write SD-Card : Needed for File Explorer and Backup tools
    • Access SuperUser : to apply selected values
    • Access Network : Needed for Google Analytics stuff ( to track crashes and errors)
    • Receive Boot Completed : To apply your selected values when you reboot the device!

CREDITS:
    KernelTweaker uses some OpenSource classes and xmls from:
    AOKP : https://github.com/AOKP
    OMNI: https://github.com/omnirom/
    and SlidingMenu library from jfeinstein10: https://github.com/jfeinstein10/SlidingMenu/

Latest versions moved from beta to public!!!
    (click on the image or the link to find it on PlayStore! )
    If you like the app please rate it on PlayStore! i will keep it updated as best as i can! :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsht.kerneltweaker

:D

The application is already on PlayStore as BETA, so you need to join the community on Google Plus at this Link: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/101081078098156588800
    Then join the Beta program! :)

Kernel Tweaker will be always free and without ads, and i will add as more features as i can!
    if you have suggestions, ideas or you find a bug, please post here or on G+ community! :)
    Just saying, this guy copys someone else app and then has the balls to post it on the play store, that **** isn't right

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Copied? REALLY?
    Something like 50 classes written with my hands are A COPY?
    Use only custom preferences classes made by me ARE A COPY?
    Use an Open Source Library (SlidingMenu) means my app IS A COPY?

I don't want to start a useless war about this, simply, if you don't like it or if you don't find it useful, don't use it!

Every method implemented it's different from franco's app ( i don't know how he have implemented it's own methods, but surely they are different).

The app it's free on playstore, i don't ask for donations and i don't ask for money. It's a free app, without ads, fully featured. Someone could not like it and i understand it, but if you are here only to tell that my app is a copy of someone's app, please, leave this thread.
    Also, my app will be open-sourced soon.

It's a problem because my app have all the features without pay a cent? it's a problem because i don't force people to buy a pro version to have the features THAT REALLY MATTERS? (this is not specifically related to franco's app, but a lot of apps uses these tricky methods to force users buy a "pro" version).

Open source world gave us something great, so, why i can't give something back to OpenSource world and his users?.

And just to clarify, i have also paid franco's app, simply beacuse he make a great works with kernels and the app it's a must have to keep my device up to date. Nothing more.
    And of course, franco's app it's a great developed app. Every detail it's crafted in a perfect way, from selectors, to menus, views and methods!. And let me tell you that some methods are really special! a simple example: kernel Backup! My app backups the entire partition ( around 22Mb using a simple "dd if= of="), franco's app backups only written blocks of that partition so the backup it's around 6-8Mb ( i have searched and tested for days a way to implement something like that, but without luck).
    And it's just an example to tell you how franco's app it's a masterpiece of code :)

Anyway, for those who are enjoying my app, V 1.2.10.0 was published on PlayStore 1 hour ago. Hope you like it. (G+ post: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+FrancescoRigamonti/posts/LGd8tp9jRzm)
    I guys!
    Sorry but in these weeks i was really busy :p
    The project isn't dead and i'm planning some additions. About playstore incompatibility , i need to enable some other devices i forgot last time :p
    Thanks for any suggestion and feature request i'll add them :)
    I just ask you to be patient and stay tuned , some updates will come really soon :)

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Hi guys !
    I decided to rewrite the app from scratch to make it easier to use and more responsive (and because the old code is a mess :D )

i constantly post updates on the G+ page so you can see the progress in development :)
    All suggestions and help with parameters file paths and applicable values are welcome :)

Screenshots: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+FrancescoRigamonti/posts/VNmjXL4hWbk
    ScreenRecord preview: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+FrancescoRigamonti/posts/UgTCrQMBW7n
    -----reserved------:cool: