[Q] Android - File - Info error - HTC One

Search This thread
Jan 9, 2014
Hi,

I rooted my HTC one last night and then tried to install an add-on Advanced Power Menu mod, but for some unknown reason got stuck into the boot logo issue. I have tried searching on the web for possible solutions, but nothing seems to work for me.

1. ADB is not activated. Hence, can't push any file into my sdcard and flash using custom recovery.
2. RUU file - tried using the RUU zip from HTC1GURU, but getting the error "Read file zipped android-Info.txt failed".

Kindly let me know if anyone can help me as I love this. I believe I haven't bricked it and I am just missing some basics.

I am not an expert in all of this stuff, but able to work around a bit by following instructions.

Eagerly awaiting a reply to my issue.

Mods: Please re-direct me if I am posting in the wrong section and delete this thread.

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
You should be able to mount the "sdcard" from recovery, and then copy the new ROM.

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
TWRP > Advanced > Sideload..

then adb sideload romname.zip ?

This doesn't work?

If not, your OS? and output of fastboot getvar all (minus IMEI&SN)

Jan 9, 2014
noteebse

TWRP > Advanced > Sideload..

then adb sideload romname.zip ?

This doesn't work?

If not, your OS? and output of fastboot getvar all (minus IMEI&SN)

I tried ADB SideLoad, but it doesn't work. Seems like the enable usb debugging option is turned off before I got into the problem and hence the device is not recognized.

I am using Windows 7. I am at office right now, but will definitely provide you the details as soon as I reach home.

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
I tried ADB SideLoad, but it doesn't work. Seems like the enable usb debugging option is turned off before I got into the problem and hence the device is not recognized.

I am using Windows 7. I am at office right now, but will definitely provide you the details as soon as I reach home.

In TWRP, there is no USB debugging option. ADB is available in sideload mode.

Jan 9, 2014

Ok. But sorry for asking this again. Can you give me a step by step instruction as to what needs to be done now.

In TWRP, if I click on ADB Sideload, it gives me two options
1. Wipe Dalvik Cache
2. Wipe Cache.

I didn't select either and swiped to start Sideload.

I get this message.

ADB Sideload Complete.
Failed

Jan 9, 2014
As I said, in TWRP, mount the sdcard and then use the PC to copy the file. I'm sure this works.

I tried following your instructions, but it didn't work.

In TWRP, I get only three options under mount - System, Cache & USB-OTG, but I am unable to select option USB-OTG.

But in My Computer, I can see there is a new Removable Disk appearing everytime when I go under this option but can't open it because of the above.

Feeling a bit low as I don't have any other handset with me, and I am unable to take/make any calls/messages :(

Jan 9, 2014

Hi,

I am back at home and here is the output from FASTBOOT GETVAR ALL

vrsion: 0.5
version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
version-baseband: 4A.21.363.04
version-cpld:None
version-microp: None
version-main: 3.63.708.3
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
meid: 00000000000000
product: m7_u1
platform: HBOOT-8064
modelid: PN0714000
cidnum: HTC__622
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4314mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: on
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: dirty-14eb688c
hbootpreupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0

Please let me know if this helps and kindly point out, if I have included anything that shouldn't be here.

Jan 9, 2014
Just a quick update guys.

I tried to push files using ADB sideload. Fortunate enough that my device was detected and was able to push RUU file & Cyanogenmod files but when I tried flashing either of the zips, it just fails.

I now think I am close enough but the problem is with the files.

Any suggestions please please help me.

One more update

I tried copying the superuser zip and flash it. but every time I am getting the same error.
"Error flashing zip"
"Updating partition details...."

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2014
Today, I tried using the RUU file and it was working for the first time. Problem was with the processes running in background. After killing all processes in task manager, I was able to execute RUU.exe but this also failed after 15 minutes due to the wrong version of RUU used.

I then searched a lot on the web but was unable to find any RUU for my phone model which has the OS 3.63.708.3.

I really need help from people now.

Jan 9, 2014
At last, I got it fixed folks. Thanks for everyone's guidance. Here is what I did.

1. Flashed the boot.img from the OTA Update for 3.63.708.3 found on HTC1GURU.COM
2. Downloaded Hasoon2000's HTC One All-In-One Toolkit
3. Executed Perm Root from the Toolkit as my SuperSU was missing
4. Executed ADB Sideload a ROM with CM 10.2.0-m7ul
5. Re-boot

vola!!!! your phone is alive now :)

few points to note here - when I tired to execute the ADB Sideload I got an error

skipping MD5 check : no MD5 file found
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "
E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard
E: Error installing zip file.......

this post saved my life.

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/75631-updated-bootloader-still-getting-assert-failed/

I just removed assert device statement (first few lines from the update-script file) and all worked fine.

Again - Thanks everyone :)