Bootloader Exploit Discovered YAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

drakeymcmb

Jun 22, 2012
Tinley park,il
You do know that "secureboot" has nothing to do with unlocking the bootloader. Even the old s3 had secureboot enabled and still let you flash recovery.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2494037

Samsung’s secure boot feature only allows kernels with the company’s RSA-2048 digital signature to boot the device. So this just means we might be able to flash a kernel & if lucky a recovery but the bootloader is still locked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Walter.White

Nov 28, 2013
You do know that "secureboot" has nothing to do with unlocking the bootloader. Even the old s3 had secureboot enabled and still let you flash recovery.

Samsung’s secure boot feature only allows kernels with the company’s RSA-2048 digital signature to boot the device. So this just means we might be able to flash a kernel & if lucky a recovery but the bootloader is still locked.

I realize and know that. But there has to be some importance to it right? Like allowing to downgrade bootloader or something.

drakeymcmb

Jun 22, 2012
Tinley park,il
It means we could flash kernels & recovery. But the bootloader is still technically locked. Still, very good progress being made.

Walter.White

Nov 28, 2013
It means we could flash kernels & recovery. But the bootloader is still technically locked. Still, very good progress being made.

I could live with that. What more do we need haha. Flash custom kernel + Kn0xraid = Victory in my book.

Jbluedodge

Oct 3, 2008

That would be great!!

Lol true, lets just hope he hooks us att users up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA

Nothing ever stoppled you from flashing kernels, it stopped your from booting them, and it still does.

This bootloader was not exploited, and not unlocked.

Closing thread because I am tired of this drama.

Also, Adam posted someone else's picture, not his work and not his device.

Reactions: TheDriller
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Nothing ever stoppled you from flashing kernels, it stopped your from booting them, and it still does.

This bootloader was not exploited, and not unlocked.

Closing thread because I am tired of this drama.

Also, Adam posted someone else's picture, not his work and not his device.