[Request] Build from the source GUIDE

Search This thread

Ghand0ur

Sep 22, 2013
Alexandria
Hello there guys,
As we all know we only have 3? 4? developers for the HOX+ . And they are really doing all they can to help keep the phone upto date.
But as we all know they are all busy and can't update their roms that much any longer.

EDIT: Lloir already has a guide : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2187266 but I don't think he covers how to fix camera and gps and stuff

So! Is it possible to make guide on how to compile the rom from the source? I know tombridden and lloir already made a one post guide on how to build some roms but it was too specific.

I now have an extra machine (a laptop) with 500gb free storage and ubuntu as the main OS. It's quite powerful too with 6gb RAM and i7. So Why not use it to help the community while others are busy? In the meantime I will look around for some guides for other phones but I don't think they will help that much.

And please include the answers to those questions if you make a guide:
1- What to do to fix camera/GPS/wifi/Data/sensors ?
2- What approach should I take when compiling a new ROM. For example: there are no developers for PACMAN , how will it differ during compiling between it and AOKP/CM/AOSP .

I am talking about a rom that wasn't approached by Lloir so he won't have the repos for them. What to do then?

Thanks a lot and I can't wait to help

@Lloir @tombriden @PippoX3 @mike1986. and any other developer out there.

Last edited:

PippoX3

Aug 12, 2010
TN - Italy
aokp.co
The reply is correct. All of us moved first steps studying at XDA University.
Anyway the case is more complex than others.
For this device there are really few developers. Other device have a lot of support from constructors, many dev and the team-work result in a lot of kernels/roms to flash for the final user.
If you wanna taste the happyness for build a rom, I'll send you a guide to setup your ubuntu, download the sources and build.
But in this case, where enrc2b is not officially support, the things are more difficult.
You must have a minimal practical with java, cpp, android and kernel code (if so).
For the moment I'm in trouble to build an AOKP 4.2.2 with new kernel. I haven't device to try, 'cause the hard is build&&try continuosly.
Not the fact to have a pc turned on for hours and hours.... and the eyes&&mind open for hours and hours... but the patience to continuously try time after time.
Now I am in a dead point... many users like have S2W enable on new CM kernel... but.... the kernel won't!
Thanks a lot anyway. Thanks to @Lloir, @tombriden, @maxwen and alls who's workin' for this device.
Stay tuned....

Reactions: Ghand0ur

Ghand0ur

Sep 22, 2013
Alexandria
For this device there are really few developers. Other device have a lot of support from constructors, many dev and the team-work result in a lot of kernels/roms to flash for the final user.
If you wanna taste the happyness for build a rom, I'll send you a guide to setup your ubuntu, download the sources and build.
But in this case, where enrc2b is not officially support, the things are more difficult.
You must have a minimal practical with java, cpp, android and kernel code (if so).
For the moment I'm in trouble to build an AOKP 4.2.2 with new kernel. I haven't device to try, 'cause the hard is build&&try continuosly.
Not the fact to have a pc turned on for hours and hours.... and the eyes&&mind open for hours and hours... but the patience to continuously try time after time.
Now I am in a dead point... many users like have S2W enable on new CM kernel... but.... the kernel won't!
Thanks a lot anyway. Thanks to @Lloir, @tombriden, @maxwen and alls who's workin' for this device.
Stay tuned....

That's what i did already. I set up the periphals/kernel/device info GITs and now i am looking for the roms, I found CM and stuff but I can't find PURE AOSP , does that mean i must download it and upload it?
I also have Oracle java installed. Do I have to have open JDK?

PippoX3

Aug 12, 2010
TN - Italy
aokp.co

Now that we begin to have a solid CM base, will possible to build at least CM for enrc2b for noobs too.
And eventually "port" device/kernel" parts to others platforms. So who like e.g. PA can do...
If you agree, I can paste my personal appoints to a guide, from client setup (Sun java don't works) to the build zip rom.
Updated and corrected to last KK.

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
Now that we begin to have a solid CM base, will possible to build at least CM for enrc2b for noobs too.
And eventually "port" device/kernel" parts to others platforms. So who like e.g. PA can do...
If you agree, I can paste my personal appoints to a guide, from client setup (Sun java don't works) updated and corrected to last KK.

Go for it. Saves me doing it :p which I was about to do :p

Sent from my One X+ using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you can start by looking at XDA-University
    Stay tuned....