[Q] Updating custom 4.2.2 rom to custom 4.4 with app backups

Search This thread

cavist

Nov 19, 2010
Hello

Im using old and discontinued rom Trickdroid 8.0 with bulletproof kernel and CWM 6.0.3.4., Sense 5.0

The reason I didint uptade to 4.4 is because i have many things aleady configured like 4 mail accounts with important mails, gallery, ringtones, apps like navigation and such. Is there a way to preserve all that while switching to 4.4 kitkat like ViperOne custom rom ?
I know I should use titanium backup, but the 4.4 kitkat comes with updated and bugfixed Sense 5.5 and recovering apps from titaniumbackup will downgrade them to 5.0 sense versions.

Is there any noob guide to easy switch custom roms while preserving personal data ?

kamilmirza

Dec 4, 2011
OnePlus 6
Hello

Im using old and discontinued rom Trickdroid 8.0 with bulletproof kernel and CWM 6.0.3.4., Sense 5.0

The reason I didint uptade to 4.4 is because i have many things aleady configured like 4 mail accounts with important mails, gallery, ringtones, apps like navigation and such. Is there a way to preserve all that while switching to 4.4 kitkat like ViperOne custom rom ?
I know I should use titanium backup, but the 4.4 kitkat comes with updated and bugfixed Sense 5.5 and recovering apps from titaniumbackup will downgrade them to 5.0 sense versions.

Is there any noob guide to easy switch custom roms while preserving personal data ?

Titanium Backup
after backup, restore Data Only for System apps

cavist

Nov 19, 2010
Im not that familiar with Titanium Backup so if its *that* easy then I will try it right away and report the outcome.