Proximity Issues

Search This thread

Crossoverdoc

Jun 9, 2011
I believe my proximity sensor is broken. I cannot use the screen during a call, it stays black the entire time regardless of what buttons I press. After a call ends the screen will stay black and I have to battery pull to turn the screen back on. How can I disable this sensor??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mateopase

Jan 1, 2011
I believe my proximity sensor is broken. I cannot use the screen during a call, it stays black the entire time regardless of what buttons I press. After a call ends the screen will stay black and I have to battery pull to turn the screen back on. How can I disable this sensor??

All you have to do is get a can of compressed air and blow into the earpiece to get dust out of the sensor every time this happens. It seems to be a relatively common problem.

Reactions: thesoldier

thesoldier

Nov 18, 2012
Baltimore
All you have to do is get a can of compressed air and blow into the earpiece to get dust out of the sensor every time this happens. It seems to be a relatively common problem.

I thought mine was broken too until I did this. Sprayed air in the ear piece for about 5 seconds and now it works again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.