[REQUEST] Stock Recovery under KitKat doesn't start

Search This thread

rapunzel11

Feb 15, 2011
Here is the solution. Boot into fastboot menu, choose 'recovery' with volume down and then press volume up. If you see the lying Android Robot press and hold the power button and both volume buttons together for 2 seconds and release them again. Seems to be a bug under KitKat, because under JB I was able to boot into recovery directly from fastboot menu.
Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: jamesro1208

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Or open cmd (as administrator) and type: adb reboot recovery if the \android-sdk\platform-tools\ are installed on the PC.

Last edited:

rapunzel11

Feb 15, 2011
Really strange....! Get on monday a brand new Moto G for my sister. After the update to KitKat I will test the same procedure.

rapunzel11

Feb 15, 2011
'It is not a bug it is a feature'

But it is really a bug and Motorola knows about it. Under KitKat you can't boot directly from fastboot menu into stock recovery.
I'm really surprised that only a few people has noticed it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the solution. Boot into fastboot menu, choose 'recovery' with volume down and then press volume up. If you see the lying Android Robot press and hold the power button and both volume buttons together for 2 seconds and release them again. Seems to be a bug under KitKat, because under JB I was able to boot into recovery directly from fastboot menu.
    This also doesn't work for me. It only boot up to green Android Robot.

When you see that screen first press volume up and then tap the power button and you`ll get into recovery bro.