newb help

Search This thread

jimbo79

Jan 9, 2014
hi im a newb with this stuff i bought an acer iconia a500 used and its a demo. i researched a bit and tried to use one of the full rom downloads to sd card to reinstall a new system or whatever but i have no clue what im doing and would appreciate if anyone can give me a step by step. maybe i did something wrong but everytime i download the full rom onto sd and hold the volume down and power button it acts like its going to work and then pops up with android and triangle with exclamation point. please help im confused and aggravated.

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
hi im a newb with this stuff i bought an acer iconia a500 used and its a demo. i researched a bit and tried to use one of the full rom downloads to sd card to reinstall a new system or whatever but i have no clue what im doing and would appreciate if anyone can give me a step by step. maybe i did something wrong but everytime i download the full rom onto sd and hold the volume down and power button it acts like its going to work and then pops up with android and triangle with exclamation point. please help im confused and aggravated.

Will need some more info to help.
Which Rom did u d/load.
Which Rom and bootloader was on the tab (GB , HC or ICS)- settings>about. You will need the correct rom for the flash to work correctly.
Is tab still bootable.
The android and exclamation point is Acers Stock Recovery - it should also show a yellow status bar?

You will need the tabs CPUID. There's a guide in my Sig on how to get this. First post halfway down are 8 different methods u can use depending on which android build u are on.

Also myt wanna have a look in the root guide too , get u up 2 speed with drivers an other info u need to know. It can be rather daunting but working with the guides following each step to the letter will get u where u want to be:)

dibb

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

jimbo79

Jan 9, 2014
Which Rom did u d/load.
Which Rom and bootloader was on the tab (GB , HC or ICS)- settings>about. You will need the correct rom for the flash to work correctly.
Is tab still bootable.
The android and exclamation point is Acers Stock Recovery - it should also show a yellow status bar?

You will need the tabs CPUID. There's a guide in my Sig on how to get this. First post halfway down are 8 different methods u can use depending on which android build u are on.

Also myt wanna have a look in the root guide too , get u up 2 speed with drivers an other info u need to know. It can be rather daunting but working with the guides following each step to the letter will get u where u want to be:)

dibb

tab has version 3.0.1 with kernel version 2.6.36.3 and build number acer_a500_1.109.02_pa_demo. i tried to download the ice cream sandwich so that was prob the issue. wich one should i be using? alot of the links are dead. it is still bootable goes right into demo mode just like when i bought it.

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
tab has version 3.0.1 with kernel version 2.6.36.3 and build number acer_a500_1.109.02_pa_demo. i tried to download the ice cream sandwich so that was prob the issue. wich one should i be using? alot of the links are dead. it is still bootable goes right into demo mode just like when i bought it.

Can you still boot, you need the cpuid or else you'll be stuck where you are
You need the unlocked bootloader before you can flash ICS or JB roms -
You could run the tdv4 file, which doesnt require the unlocked bootloader but it does need your cpuid. This will give you HC 3.2.1, rooted with cwm recovery.

Check the thread I linked to above, read it as it has all the info for your demo tab. If you have problems with links let me know

jimbo79

Jan 9, 2014
Which Rom did u d/load.
Is tab still bootable.

dibb

Can you still boot, you need the cpuid or else you'll be stuck where you are
You need the unlocked bootloader before you can flash ICS or JB roms -
You could run the tdv4 file, which doesnt require the unlocked bootloader but it does need your cpuid. This will give you HC 3.2.1, rooted with cwm recovery.

Check the thread I linked to above, read it as it has all the info for your demo tab. If you have problems with links let me know

i just did that the first link to the acer support didnt work so i just did it manually and got it then got the usb drivers but when i extracted and did the shift with right click and command came up its not reading my tab. i tried all my usb ports and checked connections but nothing. however when i plug mu tab in windows picks it up and ask me if i wanna view files.

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
i just did that the first link to the acer support didnt work so i just did it manually and got it then got the usb drivers but when i extracted and did the shift with right click and command came up its not reading my tab.
So u got command window up and ran adb command and didn't get the number?