[DEV][ROM][4.4]Cyanogenmod 11[WIP][ALPHA-5]

Search This thread

johnny208

Aug 21, 2007
Ploiesti
Hi all,
I've reinstalled everything clean and guess what... No reboots. :)
So don't mess with processor yet. ROM is fast anyways.
I even managed to take a logcat. :)
I can't upload it from xda app so if needed I can submit it from my comp.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using xda app-developers app

franco077

Dec 23, 2011
So what do i need for install cm11 without reboots?
What did you do? Did you install 14.1.9 version? And what more?

ahmetakin

Oct 18, 2013
Hi all,
I've reinstalled everything clean and guess what... No reboots. :)
So don't mess with processor yet. ROM is fast anyways.
I even managed to take a logcat. :)
I can't upload it from xda app so if needed I can submit it from my comp.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using xda app-developers app

what we need for pls write here step by step

jemail

Sep 19, 2013
Moto G
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Hi,

Just for fun I did a test.

I booted into CWM 6.0.4.5-RC2(6) and flashed CWM 6.0.3.7. I booted CWM 6.0.3.7 and performed a backup of CM11 ROM. I then performed a restore of the backup. Everything went OK and I rebooted the phone to CM11 with no problems. Everything so far seems t e working.

So, why do we need to use CWM 6.0.4.5-RC2(6) again?

Regards,
jemail

jemail

Sep 19, 2013
Moto G
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Hi,

Do these ROMs need to be rooted with Superuser? Can you provide a way to remove Superuser after another Superuser app is installed?
I have observed Superuser to stop functioning on this ROM, it no longer detects apps requesting root e.g. Greenify and ROMToolBox .

I prefer SuperSu anyway, but have never managed to successfully replace Superuser with SuperSu on any of the recent ROMs produced here. Before anyone says "Just install it from Play Store!", can you actually verify on your own phone that you can not only successfully install SuperSu but remove Superuser - I mean completely remove it, no menu for it, no process launches etc, because I just can't do it.

Regards,
jemail

johnny208

Aug 21, 2007
Ploiesti
Hi,

Do these ROMs need to be rooted with Superuser? Can you provide a way to remove Superuser after another Superuser app is installed?
I have observed Superuser to stop functioning on this ROM, it no longer detects apps requesting root e.g. Greenify and ROMToolBox .

I prefer SuperSu anyway, but have never managed to successfully replace Superuser with SuperSu on any of the recent ROMs produced here. Before anyone says "Just install it from Play Store!", can you actually verify on your own phone that you can not only successfully install SuperSu but remove Superuser - I mean completely remove it, no menu for it, no process launches etc, because I just can't do it.

Regards,
jemail

Hi... Did you allow apps and ADB permissions on root!?
Developer options / root access / apps and adb

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jemail

Sep 19, 2013
Moto G
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Hi... Did you allow apps and ADB permissions on root!?
Developer options / root access / apps and adb

Yes, it is the first thing I do on flashing a new ROM.
So have you successfully replaced Superuser with SuperSU? If so, can you post exact instructions on how you did so please?

jemail

Reactions: johnny208

johnny208

Aug 21, 2007
Ploiesti
Yes, it is the first thing I do on flashing a new ROM.
So have you successfully replaced Superuser with SuperSU? If so, can you post exact instructions on how you did so please?

jemail

Strange thing... Greenify works just well here... It may depend on version, I have purchased version which I'm restoring from a storage apk.
However, I remember I read something abt updating supersu. I'll check the link and post it here later.

Edit: here you go just download the cwm version (not twrp):
http://download.chainfire.eu/370/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-

Warning: I didn't test it as my fit went rogue! Please let me know if it works.

Last edited:

udit.kumar

Oct 26, 2011
Pune
Can anyone help me with the ext partition? :(

S2E is not supported , Mounts2sd does not work , and I can just install 6-7 Apps with Link2sd :( :rolleyes::(

What is the solution?

galfit

Oct 16, 2012
Bari,Italy

S2E is not supported , Mounts2sd does not work , and I can just install 6-7 Apps with Link2sd :( :rolleyes::(

What is the solution?

Actually I don't know the solution, but the Androidarmv6 team has build today a submission test that says the Mount2SD will be implemented at boot...so I think MountstoSD will be supported in next releases :)

jemail

Sep 19, 2013
Moto G
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Strange thing... Greenify works just well here... It may depend on version, I have purchased version which I'm restoring from a storage apk.
However, I remember I read something abt updating supersu. I'll check the link and post it here later.

Edit: here you go just download the cwm version (not twrp):
http://download.chainfire.eu/370/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-

Warning: I didn't test it as my fit went rogue! Please let me know if it works.

Thanks for the link. I have downloaded this, but I have found I can install SuperSu in the normal way and it functions correctly. However Superuser is still launched from the Settings shortcut. So Superuser is still on the system. I will look more into removing Superuser as SuperSu did not make any messages about removing existing Superuser application on install and I do not feel it is a good idea to have 2 superuser applications on the system as their could be a potential for conflict. I will try the CWM method and see how the system is affected.

jemail

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

New build is up! Finally the trasparent statusbar :victory:

Can you provide a link to the new build?

jemail

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

What is the solution?

I haven't updated to the latest build yet, I am using the last to latest build - Nightly 20140109.

I have converted system apps like calculator, calendar etc to user apps and then linked them Link2SD with no problems so far. I have the Xposed framework installed also with MinMinGuard (an excellent Xposed module), XPrivacy and some others.

Currently I have 22 apps linked to sd-ext using Link2SD and 27.71MB (13%) free in /system so I am assuming it is working. I did read that link2SD was updated recently with some KitKat fixes but you probably have the latest version so I am at a loss to know why it doesn't work for you.

Regards,
jemail

Last edited:

udit.kumar

Oct 26, 2011
Pune
Actually I don't know the solution, but the Androidarmv6 team has build today a submission test that says the Mount2SD will be implemented at boot...so I think MountstoSD will be supported in next releases :)

I hope it does work :) I hope any of the regular users are able to provide me with confirmation , ( I am not using this ROM yet , waiting for the ext part to be solved)
Thanks for the link. I have downloaded this, but I have found I can install SuperSu in the normal way and it functions correctly. However Superuser is still launched from the Settings shortcut. So Superuser is still on the system. I will look more into removing Superuser as SuperSu did not make any messages about removing existing Superuser application on install and I do not feel it is a good idea to have 2 superuser applications on the system as their could be a potential for conflict. I will try the CWM method and see how the system is affected.

jemail

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Can you provide a link to the new build?

jemail

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

I haven't updated to the latest build yet, I am using the last to latest build - Nightly 20140109.

I have converted system apps like calculator, calendar etc to user apps and then linked them Link2SD with no problems so far. I have the Xposed framework installed also with MinMinGuard (an excellent Xposed module), XPrivacy and some others.

Currently I have 22 apps linked to sd-ext using Link2SD and 27.71MB (13%) free in /system so I am assuming it is working. I did read that link2SD was updated recently with some KitKat fixes but you probably have the latest version so I am at a loss to know why it doesn't work for you.

Regards,
jemail

Thanks for the reply :) Lets hope there is a solution soon! ( I have way more than 22 apps :( so it will still be tough for me)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM11-2-480x274.jpg
    androidarmv6.org has been shutdown and the projects have been abondoned
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

This Support of the CyanogenMod is Unofficial and the sources are up at Androidarmv6

Installation

- First time flashing CM11 to your Galaxy Fit(Beni) (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.6 or above
    2. Reboot into Recovery using 2-button-combo
    3. Do a Nandroid backup!
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    6. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Upgrading from CM7/CM9?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    3. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    4. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Upgrading from another CM10/CM10.1/CM10.2 prior to 20131223 Build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Optionally restore /data from Nandroid Backup (the update will wipe your /data)
    4. Optionally install the Google Addon

Working List
    • Boot
    • Display
    • Touch
    • Sensors
    • RIL
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Hardware
    • SD Card
    • Tethering(USB and Wifi)
    • Camera

Not Working
    • ION
    • No Kernel 3.4.x
    • Camcoder
    • ART

XDA:DevDB Information
    Cyanogenmod 11 for Galaxy Fit, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Fit GT 5670

Contributors
    yajnab, yajnab
    Source Code: http://github.com/androidarmv6

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 2.6.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2013-12-23
    Last Updated 2015-05-15
    Downloads

Download Links​

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR="Red"]Download : >>[URL="http://jenkins.androidarmv6.org/job/android/"][COLOR="Blue"]Jenkins Link(Download the packages  cm_beni-userdebug-cm-11.0][/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE]

Code:
    [SIZE="2"][CENTER][COLOR="blue"]Download : >>[URL="http://d-h.st/OXz"][COLOR="Blue"]Alpha-5[/COLOR][/URL]

[/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE]

Previous Releases
    Code:
    [LIST]
    [*][URL="http://d-h.st/KJs"][COLOR="Blue"]Alpha-1[/COLOR][/URL]
    [*][URL="http://d-h.st/xjP"][COLOR="Blue"]Alpha-2[/COLOR][/URL]
    [*][URL="http://d-h.st/REG"][COLOR="Blue"]Alpha-3[/COLOR][/URL]
    [*][URL="http://d-h.st/tiD"][COLOR="Blue"]Alpha-4[/COLOR][/URL]
    [/LIST]

Code:
    [B][CENTER]Changelogs[/CENTER][/B]

[B][CENTER]Alpha-3[/CENTER][/B]