[guide] compiling and decompining kernel on windows

Search This thread

dekefake

Oct 28, 2013
Orleans, France
Hi. It's my first thread so please be kind with me :)

I found a way to compile and decompile any SIN kernel on Windows..

First, you must open the FTF kernel who contains the SIN file with Winrar or 7zip. You'll see:
*META-INF
*kernel.sin
*loader.sin

Extract the kernel.sin ...
Open FlashTool; Tools; Sin Editor; open the Sin file and click Extract Data. You'll see a kernel.elf file.
You can delete the other files and the sin files to make your workstation clean.
Open now FlashTool again; Tools; Extractors; Elf. Browse to your kernel.elf and click unpack. You obtain now the ramdisk and the zImage.

It's time to download this : https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdikeyb9hizoww6/Kernel Tools.zip
Extract THE ENTIRE ZIP and enter to BOOTIMG-TOOLS folder. Create a "boot.img_source" folder and a "boot.img_output" folder inside the bootimg-tools folder. You must have
*bin
*boot.img_source
*boot.img_output
*[FR]RunMe.bat

Copy your zImage and your ramdisk into the boot.img_source folder and rename the ramdisk to "boot.img-ramdisk.gz" (IMPORTANT) and the zImage to "boot.img-kernel".

Enter on the "boot.img_output" folder and create a "ramdisk" folder.
If you did well all this, you must have it: "\BOOTIMG-TOOLS\boot.img_output\ramdisk".

Now go to "\BOOTIMG-TOOLS\boot.img_source" and open your ramdisk with Winrar or 7zip. Inside, you have an unknown file with the same name of your ramdisk. Just double clic on it. You have now many files:
*data
*dev
*engine
..... and much more..

Extract it to the ramdisk folder. ("\BOOTIMG-TOOLS\boot.img_output\ramdisk")..

Go on ramdisk folder and make the modif's of your kernel ( like change initlogo.rle :D )

Once edits finished, it's time to reach BOOTIMG-TOOLS folder. Run the [FR]RunMe.bat. To compile your kernel, make change typing "2" and press ENTER. A boot_new.img will be created.
Re-Run the bat and type "3" to delete the "boot.img_output" and "boot.img_source" folders.
Rename the "boot_new.img" created by the batch to "boot.img"
Re-run the batch a third time and type "1" to decompile the boot.img you created.

Now go into the new "boot.img_source" and copy the new ramdisk and zImage to the SECOND UTIL YOU EXTRACTED FROM THE ZIP: sin-creator.

Paste the zImage and the ramdisk into the sin-creator folder and rename tke ramdisk "ramdisk" ( without quotes ) and rename the zImage "image".
Run the BUILD-IT.bat and press any key two times. After pressing the second time, tou can see new files into the folder, and the important file is RESULT.ELF.SIN ..
Rename the "result.elf.sin" to "kernel.sin" and add it to remplace the original sin file into your FTF kernel.
To do it, open the original FTF with Winrar and click add files. add the new kernel.sin.

Once it's done, just flash your new kernel with flashTool. You can edit the manifest file on your new FTF to recognise it as edited kernel on FlashTool :)

Hope this help some of us :D

Last edited:

dekefake

Oct 28, 2013
Orleans, France
Ahh jajaja bueno Yo hablo español porque soy de Latinoamérica y bueno también hablo ingles bastante porque estoy en mi instuto como 5 años :) Con todo y especialización jaja :)

Ahh jajaja Well I speak Spanish because I'm from SouthAmerica and I also speak english very well because I was in my institute like 5 years and I did specializations jaja

OK good :) ( web musn't forger that it's a development thread :p )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi. It's my first thread so please be kind with me :)

I found a way to compile and decompile any SIN kernel on Windows..

First, you must open the FTF kernel who contains the SIN file with Winrar or 7zip. You'll see:
    *META-INF
    *kernel.sin
    *loader.sin

Extract the kernel.sin ...
    Open FlashTool; Tools; Sin Editor; open the Sin file and click Extract Data. You'll see a kernel.elf file.
    You can delete the other files and the sin files to make your workstation clean.
    Open now FlashTool again; Tools; Extractors; Elf. Browse to your kernel.elf and click unpack. You obtain now the ramdisk and the zImage.

It's time to download this : https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdikeyb9hizoww6/Kernel Tools.zip
    Extract THE ENTIRE ZIP and enter to BOOTIMG-TOOLS folder. Create a "boot.img_source" folder and a "boot.img_output" folder inside the bootimg-tools folder. You must have
    *bin
    *boot.img_source
    *boot.img_output
    *[FR]RunMe.bat

Copy your zImage and your ramdisk into the boot.img_source folder and rename the ramdisk to "boot.img-ramdisk.gz" (IMPORTANT) and the zImage to "boot.img-kernel".

Enter on the "boot.img_output" folder and create a "ramdisk" folder.
    If you did well all this, you must have it: "\BOOTIMG-TOOLS\boot.img_output\ramdisk".

Now go to "\BOOTIMG-TOOLS\boot.img_source" and open your ramdisk with Winrar or 7zip. Inside, you have an unknown file with the same name of your ramdisk. Just double clic on it. You have now many files:
    *data
    *dev
    *engine
    ..... and much more..

Extract it to the ramdisk folder. ("\BOOTIMG-TOOLS\boot.img_output\ramdisk")..

Go on ramdisk folder and make the modif's of your kernel ( like change initlogo.rle :D )

Once edits finished, it's time to reach BOOTIMG-TOOLS folder. Run the [FR]RunMe.bat. To compile your kernel, make change typing "2" and press ENTER. A boot_new.img will be created.
    Re-Run the bat and type "3" to delete the "boot.img_output" and "boot.img_source" folders.
    Rename the "boot_new.img" created by the batch to "boot.img"
    Re-run the batch a third time and type "1" to decompile the boot.img you created.

Now go into the new "boot.img_source" and copy the new ramdisk and zImage to the SECOND UTIL YOU EXTRACTED FROM THE ZIP: sin-creator.

Paste the zImage and the ramdisk into the sin-creator folder and rename tke ramdisk "ramdisk" ( without quotes ) and rename the zImage "image".
    Run the BUILD-IT.bat and press any key two times. After pressing the second time, tou can see new files into the folder, and the important file is RESULT.ELF.SIN ..
    Rename the "result.elf.sin" to "kernel.sin" and add it to remplace the original sin file into your FTF kernel.
    To do it, open the original FTF with Winrar and click add files. add the new kernel.sin.

Once it's done, just flash your new kernel with flashTool. You can edit the manifest file on your new FTF to recognise it as edited kernel on FlashTool :)

Hope this help some of us :D
    real good guide btw make it more proper it so messy most of the people cant follow
    and make stepps like

1) do this
    2)do that

all in everything is good i am trying it out now :D
    ronald fera want hacked u can come to fb again he has been cleaning his pc :D