[Q] Bootloader stuck with no adb access.

Search This thread

huzzi

Jan 12, 2014
Hi All,

I think I may have bricked my htc sensation, I tried to install JellyBean 4.3 rom as described here. techbeasts.com/2013/11/08/how-to-install-android-4-3-jelly-bean-on-htc-sensation-sensation-xe

Basically, I copied all the files into the sdcard then run fastboot flash boot boot.img after that when did fastboot reboot the bootloader got stuck in loading and when I try to connect using adb i get the device offline message.

I believe with 4.2 or above you have to accept RSA warning or sometime in order to connect using adb tool but I cannot do that as it's stuck on bootloader.

Looks like I've managed to brick the phone as I don't see any way out? just want to confirm that's the case. :(

This is my first post, please be gentle :)

huzzi

Jan 12, 2014
I'm now getting this message : error: device unauthorized. Please check the confirmation dialog on your device.

Last edited:

ashkan-khatar

Dec 28, 2012
Keqiao, Shaoxing
Hi;
There's no adb command while in fasboot mode. Either adb, or fasboot.
When you entered the command to flash the kernel, was it successful? Did it not give any error messages
What iss your firmware? Install the latest official ICS RUU first, then install a recovery, go into recovery and wipe partitions: data, system, and cache. Afterwards, without rebooting, install the 4.3 ROM you want (which I do not suggest) then go back into fastboot mode and flash the 4.3 ROM's kernel. (flash boot boot.img)

Where do you get the last message?

*By the way, for this kind of actions, let XDA be your first consideration to go, I recommend.* :)

SENT FROM WHATEVER IS NOT SOMETHING TO BE LOCKED AT, THE THING IS THAT IT IS SENT.

huzzi

Jan 12, 2014
Thanks for your reply, I can't get to fastboot using power button + volume key so I'll trying to use adb.

ashkan-khatar

Dec 28, 2012
Keqiao, Shaoxing
Thanks for your reply, I can't get to fastboot using power button + volume key so I'll trying to use adb.

Remove and re-insert the battery he means, not when the phone has no battery in it.

Eject you battery that try volume down + power button

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda app-developers app

SENT FROM WHATEVER IS NOT SOMETHING TO BE LOCKED AT, THE THING IS THAT IT IS SENT.