[Q] sim lock after J-TAG

Search This thread

mohsenbarca

Jan 12, 2014
my phone fixed via JTAG but now my phone asks me for SIM IMSI UNLOCK PIN so I enter any random digits, receive msg "phone unlocked" but the phone restarts and asking again for code... I bought my phone without any sim lock.
can you help me?

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
my phone fixed via JTAG but now my phone asks me for SIM IMSI UNLOCK PIN so I enter any random digits, receive msg "phone unlocked" but the phone restarts and asking again for code... I bought my phone without any sim lock.
can you help me?

in some case you can contact your carrier and give them your imei # and the will give you the sim unlovk code. You can also buy an unlock code from ebay or other internet sites. Did you asked the persons who Jtag repaired your device if they can provide you this code?

philohtc

Feb 4, 2010
can you help me?

SIM UNLOCK PIN seems to be a security code from the sim card, try with another SIM Card from same carrier. Apparently it has nothing to do with unlock code.

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 AM ----------

SIM UNLOCK PIN seems to be a security code from the sim card, try with another SIM Card from same carrier. Apparently it has nothing to do with unlock code.

Maybe I'm mistaking, apparently someone had your same problem http://forum.legija.net/showthread.php/77235-Htc-One-M7-AT-t-(PN07120)-AfterJtag-Sim-IMSI-PIN-locked!!

igagnidz

Aug 7, 2010
can you help me?

So I had SIM unlocked at&t htc one (I obtained unlock code from carrier). Once I unlocked it, i was using european simcard and then revone s-off came out. so I s-offed it successfully and after reboot i got exactly same problem - enter sim imsi unlock code or something like that. Any code would result in unlock successful and reboot phone, but it would ask code again. I ended up sending phone to HTC for repairs. I guess they completely reflashed firware or updated something else, since phone that i received back had different IMEI then what i send them (same physical device though - scratches on the side). I had to obtain new unlock code for new IMEI and new code unlocked it for european sim.