Thanks Meter: 0

By cvandeplas, Junior Member on 23rd August 2009, 06:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th November 2009, 06:29 PM |#21  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvandeplas

To prevent freezing your phone when openvpn fails to connect I implemented a 30 seconds connection timeout. (line 97 from the source )
TunnelDroid detects you are connected once the tun0 interface came up.
This will probably be where it has issues on your device.

Could you give me a directory listing of your /sys/class/net/ directory once the tunnel came up?
Once I get the info I'll upload a fixed version.

The good news is that I'm currently implementing openvpn-manager support. This means TunnelDroid will be able to interact with openvpn while it runs in the background and will be able to ask openvpn if he's connected.

The technical stuff on the side this means the following new features:
- prompt for certificate credentials
- prompt for auth credentials
- displaying the status of the connection (CONNECTING,WAIT,AUTH, GET_CONFIG, ASSIGN_IP, ADD_ROUTES, CONNECTED, RECONNECTING, EXITING)
- and probably other things ...

Ok.. Great!
I solved the problem, my interface is tap0, I replaced ..
13th November 2009, 06:44 PM |#22  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvoB

Ok.. Great!
I solved the problem, my interface is tap0, I replaced ..

If you are using a tap interface you should not change the name in the configfile. The tun and taps are completely different things.

The good news is that I had the same bugreport on MoDaCo forums and I fixed this in the code. I just uploaded a new release with a fix.
14th November 2009, 03:31 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
thanks the update fixed the bug, now everything works fine, great tool keep the good work
14th November 2009, 03:47 PM |#24  
Flag Allariz
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Brilliant! Next feature I'd love is the ability to put a shortcut to an specific vpn config in the desktop (android intents, maybe?).
Also changing the Radio boxes with check boxes, and detecting the state when the app is (re)launched would be a plus.
14th November 2009, 04:52 PM |#25  
OP Junior Member

More
I am currently working on implementing the authentication prompts.
Unfortunately my architectural design errors due to my lack of Android development start to come up. (inter-process-gui-events are not that simple when you dont know "the right way"). This results in not being able to show the password prompt the right way (and getting the data back).

Some serious refactoring is required, for example: I need to change the TunnelManager singleton to an Android Service.

Once the credentials dialog thingies are done and stable I'll work on your feature request.

Cheers
28th November 2009, 08:44 AM |#26  
OP Junior Member

More
Good news, I just released version 0.7 supporting password prompts.
Update is available ont he Market as TunnelDroid.

To see it in action you will need to REMOVE your HARDCODED passwordfile from the configuration !

Check out the readme: https://sourceforge.net/projects/tun...EADME/download
28th November 2009, 10:33 PM |#27  

More

I installed TunnelDroid and tried my CyanogenMod's integrated OpenVPN Client. But it didnt worked... I then tried to install the binaries from the SourceForge site, but didn't work either (same output)...

Code:
Sat Nov 28 22:30:10 2009 OpenVPN 2.1_rc15 i686-pc-linux-gnu [SSL] [LZO2] [EPOLL] built on Nov  1 2009
Sat Nov 28 22:30:10 2009 WARNING: No server certificate verification method has been enabled.  See http://openvpn.net/howto.html#mitm for more info.
Sat Nov 28 22:30:10 2009 NOTE: OpenVPN 2.1 requires '--script-security 2' or higher to call user-defined scripts or executables
Sat Nov 28 22:30:10 2009 Cannot load certificate file idlewild.crt: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory: error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib: error:140AD002:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file:system lib
Sat Nov 28 22:30:10 2009 Exiting
Any idea?

Thanks
falstaff
28th November 2009, 10:58 PM |#28  

More
OK I could solve the above problem by using absolut paths in the config file:

/sdcard/openvpn/whatever.file

Next problem:
Code:
Sat Nov 28 22:46:12 2009 TUN/TAP device tun0 opened
Sat Nov 28 22:46:12 2009 TUN/TAP TX queue length set to 100
Sat Nov 28 22:46:12 2009 /system/xbin/ifconfig tun0 192.168.X.Y pointopoint 192.168.X.Z mtu 1500
Sat Nov 28 22:46:12 2009 Linux ifconfig failed: could not execute external program
Sat Nov 28 22:46:12 2009 Exiting
I looked, there is no /system/xbin/ifconfig, I use CyanogenMod and took the binaries from sf...

Bye
falstaff
28th November 2009, 11:12 PM |#29  

More
OK, solved that one too... I restored the original CyanogenMod binaries, they work fine now...

So another hint would be helpful: Do not use the binaries if you have CyanogenMod... :)

Bye
falstaff
30th November 2009, 11:52 PM |#30  
Flag Reading, PA
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Any way of getting this to work on the Fuze running Android? I can't get adb to work since there is no USB debugging (yet).
1st December 2009, 02:02 PM |#31  

More
I running into problems with cyanogenmod 4.2.6

In my openvpn config there is a tap0 interface configured (tap is needed for me). But there is no tap device at /dev/ (only tun) and also no tap.to at /system/lib/modules/.

So has someone a running openvpn with a tap device?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)