More
@Akram-aat NO
2nd December 2013, 10:45 PM |#263  
Flag Syria Damascus
Thanks Meter: 885

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfloyd3

thanks bro but dorimanx not support android 4.4 yet and rom i try 2 rom 4.4 and wifi dont work (i9100)

yah i know that but you should found rom has choice to change region code in wifi setting ..... i think it will be found later when my favorit roms update to kitkat with all featurs nearly

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akram-aat

is will support for 4.4??

not support 4.3 yet my friend so i don't think also support 4.4

any one try this app by recovery method in 4.3 or 4.4 not apk type .....work with him or also freeze ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ammarsg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ammarsg Ad-Free
14th January 2014, 02:02 AM |#264  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammarsg

any one try this app by recovery method in 4.3 or 4.4 not apk type .....work with him or also freeze ?

Hmm.. Upgraded N7 3g 2012 from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 and got similar problem, wifix didn't help, so I tried "manual" method for wifixing. Looks like the only problem was in tablename. Option wifi_country_code moved (as for 4.4) from "secure" to "global" table of /data/data/com.android.proveders.settings/databases/settings.db , so general method forr changing country code still works.

I wrote a short script (tried to run as init.d - but it has no sense as country code is beeing read from simcard when all init.d scripts are finished), so i used free Script Manager - SManager (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....scriptmanager) to launch script after boot.

That's script code (just changed wifi_country_code location):
Code:
#!/bin/sh
sleep 10
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "INSERT INTO global (name, value) VALUES ('wifi_country_code', 'EU');"
svc wifi disable
sleep 10
svc wifi enable
Also i've added sleep for 10 seconds for ensure that sim data is already read, and added wifi down - sleep - wifi up for reestablish network connection (as i'm using n/g network for old devices, so Nexus is connected in g-mode to my router when script is executed).

Instruction:
1. Download sqlite3 binary from any source (I've got it from xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=2) and move it to /system/xbin, set permissions 755 (rwx-rx-rx)

2. Save script to internal SD-card, f.e. as "fix_country_code.sh",

3. Install script-manager, that is able to run scripts on boot, and set to execute script with root rights (like on screenshot if SManager is used). Also it's possible to test script w/o reboot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-14-03-56-34.png
Views:	1602
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	2514378   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-14-04-10-40.png
Views:	1439
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	2514388   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-14-04-13-33.png
Views:	1376
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	2514389  
Attached Files
File Type: zip fix_country_code.zip - [Click for QR Code] (296 Bytes, 1000 views)
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DKTigra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DKTigra Ad-Free
14th January 2014, 02:28 AM |#265  
Flag Syria Damascus

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKTigra

Hmm.. Upgraded N7 3g 2012 from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 and got similar problem, wifix didn't help, so I tried "manual" method for wifixing. Looks like the only problem was in tablename. Option wifi_country_code moved (as for 4.4) from "secure" to "global" table of /data/data/com.android.proveders.settings/databases/settings.db , so general method forr changing country code still works.

I wrote a short script (tried to run as init.d - but it has no sense as country code is beeing read from simcard when all init.d scripts are finished), so i used free ScriptManager (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....scriptmanager) to launch script after boot.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
sleep 10
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "INSERT INTO global (name, value) VALUES ('wifi_country_code', 'EU');"
svc wifi disable
sleep 10
svc wifi enable
Also i've added sleep for 10 seconds for ensure that sim data is already read, and added wifi down - sleep - wifi up for reestablish network connection (as i'm using n/g network for old devices, so Nexus is connected in g-mode to my router when script is executed).

Instruction:
Save script to internal SD-card, f.e. as "fix_country_code.sh", install script-manager, able to run scripts on boot, and set to execute script with root rights (like on screenshot if SManager is used)

thanks my friend for info....now cm11 merge change region code in there roms so we can change it easy ....i will save your steps for emergency
30th January 2014, 12:26 AM |#266  
Flag Helsingborg
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

I wrote a short script (tried to run as init.d - but it has no sense as country code is beeing read from simcard when all init.d scripts are finished), so i used free Script Manager - SManager (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....scriptmanager) to launch script after boot.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
sleep 10
svc wifi disable
sleep 10
svc wifi enable

Instruction:
1. Download sqlite3 binary from any source (I've got it from xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=2) and move it to /system/xbin, set permissions 755 (rwx-rx-rx)

3. Install script-manager, that is able to run scripts on boot, and set to execute script with root rights (like on screenshot if SManager is used). Also it's possible to test script w/o reboot

nice but its working just in airplane and if was not an airplane mode should i switch to it and reboot phone
12th February 2014, 04:38 PM |#267  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
sleep 10
svc wifi disable
sleep 10
svc wifi enable

Instruction:

nice work!!tks very much all guys! my nexus 5 (4.4.2 D820) can access "CN" channel now! (Country Code "CN" ,149 153 157 161 165)
The Following User Says Thank You to woohyuk35 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift woohyuk35 Ad-Free
14th March 2014, 07:53 AM |#268  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Unhappy HTC Sensation Wifi not working
Hello, my wifi doesn't work either.
It stopped working since I upgraded the official fw to ICS I suppose.
Actually I gave the phone to my girlfriend, since her old sony broke.
I thought it would be a good idea to upgrade it to the latest fw (not custom rom, because she doesn't need it) but since then it stopped working (at least I think that was the reason).

First I thought the issue is the new official fw, since it stopped working at around this time. My gf just told me the next day it wouldn't work anymore.
But since I flashed a custom rom (ViperS 2.0.2), it still wouldn't work.
I asked myself whether it could be the antenna, because she let the phone fall down from about 1,5m (around the time when wifi wouldn't work anymore)..
But, as some suggested in other forums, it didn't work either to hit the back of the phone several times, so that maybe some piece went into place again. I don't know whether it could be solved by buying a new backplate, as it is connected to the antenna?

I tried everything mentioned to get it to work again > Wifix Manager, etc, flashed another custom rom than ICS, But nothing helped at all.

The very strange point is, that I can't even try to activate wifi anymore, cause when I turn the phone on, it seems that it tries to switch wifi on itself, but nothing happens. Not even a Failure message anymore. So basically I can't even touch the wifi button, I can't turn it off or try to turn it on.
Not even when I go into flight mode and reboot the phone.

Could it be hardware related? Or any other solutions, that I might try?
18th March 2014, 03:57 AM |#269  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Test on my Note 3 N900t not working
Quote:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
sleep 10
svc wifi disable
sleep 10
svc wifi enable

Instruction:

Hi I have done everything that DKTigra said but got an error on my Note 3 N900t running 4.4.2. My problem is that when I insert a foreing sim card wifi dont work. I have to enable airplane mode to use wifi or take sim card out wish is anoying. Any help or update to this app would be great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-18-10-45-17.png
Views:	559
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	2636231  
9th April 2014, 06:26 PM |#270  
Flag Syria Damascus

More
any new fix for our wifi problem guys

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Quote:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
sleep 10
svc wifi disable
sleep 10
svc wifi enable

Instruction:

hi my friend ....this method work in all devices or not ...and make it one time or every reboot or just after full wipe
The Following User Says Thank You to ammarsg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ammarsg Ad-Free
11th October 2014, 09:27 AM |#271  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i used it on zenfone 5 KitKat but it didn't work and didn't fix my wifi
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
country code, fix, ics, wifi, wifix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)