[MOD] [AOSP] Status Bar For AOSP - Toggles JB Layout Volume Sliders & Colour Changer

Search This thread

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
[MOD] [AOSP] Status Bar For AOSP - Toggles JB Layout Volume Sliders & Colour Changer

JB 4.2.2 Style Status Bar With Volume Quick Panel And Colour Changer Mod For AOSP​

This Mod Is For AOSP Only
If You Require The Stock Version Go Here
If you Require The CM7 Version Go Here

Take Note Of The Following
Anyone is free to use and develop this with the following conditions
you do not mirror the download link or add any ads to my download link on blog sites
post the link to this thread if you blog this
credit me and the original dev of the layout SpaceCaker and dev of the colour changer and smali files for sliders b16h22

hef9.jpg
5wee.jpg

snic.jpg
zqxo.jpg

How To Use
Pull the left side down of the status bar for notifications
Pull the right side down of the status bar for sliders
Use the evo app by b16h22 to change the status bar colour and transparency

Install Instructions
If installing the AOSP rom for first time fully boot the rom first before apply mod or status bar will vanish
Go into CWM
Make A Nandroid Backup In Case Your Status Bar Goes Walkies For Some Strange Reason
Mount System
Install Zip From SD
Select Zip
Restart
Now look at how to mod framework if you get black on black text with some statusbar events

Changelog
V1
Initial release
Added/edited smali/xml files to SystemUI.apk
Added/edited battery icons/xml in framework-res.apk
Added Toggles
Resized for ldpi
Added sliders and icons

Bugs
Settings button doesn't work
If you increase phone volume slider the notification slider increases too but can be decreased separately

Downloads
For Galaxy Y GT-S5360 AOSP Status Bar

How To Mod Your Framework If You Get Black On Black Text With Some Events

1. Decompile framwork-res.apk with apktool
2. Goto res/vaules
3. Open styles.xml with notepad++
4. Search for @style/TextAppearance.StatusBar
5. Just below it change the value of <item name="textColor"> to #ffffffff
6. Search for @style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.EventContent
7 Just below it change the value of <item name="textColor"> to #ffffffff
8. Recompile and put in a flashable zip and flash with system mounted

Do Not Post Things Like
Will this work on xyz rom - This is for AOSP only!
Will this work on stock rom - NO!! See link at the top of the thread for stock version
Will this work on CM7 rom - NO!!!!

To make it clear - this is for AOSP only!

Credits
SpaceCaker
b16h22

Last edited:

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Uhmm can you make one for CM7? Pleeeaaase!! :D

no plans right now - its hard with different frameworks and layouts as you get many force closes before you get right and I dont know if the smali files work with cm7

all Iv done is used spacecakers smali files for the layout which you can find on his guide to 4.2.2 status bar for gingerbread

Luwiji

Dec 16, 2013
Thanks man! I've been waiting for this for a long time. is it possible to change icons of the statusbar? Thanks again. ;)

Thumbs up. :good:

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Thanks man! I've been waiting for this for a long time. is it possible to change icons of the statusbar? Thanks again. ;)

No - I didnt find time to find a way to put lidroid or a cm7 style power widget in it
im sure there is a way but I dont have time to sit down for hours working it out so the toggles you see in the screenshots are the only toggles available

there are apps on the playstore that can give you extra toggles if required

edit - if you mean change the png icons of the status bar then yes - they are all in res/drawable-mdpi

Last edited:
Reactions: KnightlyNinja

KnightlyNinja

Sep 11, 2012
Biratnagar
No - I didnt find time to find a way to put lidroid or a cm7 style power widget in it
im sure there is a way but I dont have time to sit down for hours working it out so the toggles you see in the screenshots are the only toggles available

edit - if you mean change the png icons of the status bar then yes - they are all in res/drawable-mdpi

this might help u. it has been given by san122 when i asked him for help but i didn't tried it as it appeared a lil complicated to me. So u can try method below
Originally Posted by san122
For lidroid toggles follow this guide
xdaforums.com/
showthread.php?t=2387626
And for editing
statusbarservice.smali
Decompile miniroms systemui.apk
And then open
ststusbarservice.smali with notepad+
+ and find powerwidget
Once you find it copy the whole field
And paste in aosp statsbarservice
Then again search for powerwidget
And copy that whole line to a
particular method as in miniroms
Also there is one .line 1900 copy
them too in addicon method.
Hope you understant and dont
forget to replace id starting with
0x7f that you copied from miniroms
Hope this will work...

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
this might help u. it has been given by san122 when i asked him for help but i didn't tried it as it appeared a lil complicated to me. So u can try method below

could work - I was thiinking along the lines of porting the cm7 power widget into it but at the moment I dont have time to sit and work through it all

im doing a cm7 status bar and i'll post that when finished although it only has one panel but after that I wont be doing else for a while

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Hi sir @marcussmith2626 i wondering if i can add another toogle on the statusbar sir. Do you have any ideas how ?
Btw nice work you have :D

best way maybe to iincorporate the cm7 power widget

or you can use this app from the playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.painless.pc

edit:
sir can you check my modded systemui ? i try to mod it but the statusbar gone, not fcing. if you want here is my systemui

flash the origional status bar back first before you flash another status bar -- you may have signature problems - specially if you edited the manifest

Mranggapo

Mar 31, 2013
Jakarta

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Thanks for the reply, but i just theme the layout without touching the manifest guy.
So i mod it with the original statusbar ?

if you modded mine and had mine installed first flash the origional status bar first then flash the modded one

I dont know exactly what you have done - normally status bar justs not showing without force close is a signature issue

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Me too i tried to edit statusbar it dissapears when checked on logcat it says signature verification.
Dont know whats thd problem.

Check out the kitkat theme for galaxy y---------
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2594653

Thanks for the reply, but i just theme the layout without touching the manifest guy.
So i mod it with the original statusbar ?

I think Iv worked out what you have done

you need to fully boot the aosp rom before you flash the status bar mod

if you flash the status bar mod at the same time as flashing the rom zip without fully booting it first the status bar will vanish

you can probably avoid this by disabling signature varification in the framework.jar I think or theres some other patch that patches some file to disable signature verifcation so you install different system apps with different signatures

there is an app that can disable signature verifcation but I cant post it or name it here

Last edited:

Mranggapo

Mar 31, 2013
Jakarta
if you modded mine and had mine installed first flash the origional status bar first then flash the modded one

I dont know exactly what you have done - normally status bar justs not showing without force close is a signature issue

Thanks for the reply, i editing this ( i hope this correct)
Quickpanel setting.xml
Strings
Ids

Im using a guide to add a aokp toogles

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

I think Iv worked out what you have done

you need to fully boot the aosp rom before you flash the status bar mod

if you flash the status bar mod at the same time as flashing the rom zip without fully booting it first the status bar will vanish

you can probably avoid this by disabling signature varification in the framework.jar I think or theres some other patch that patches some file to disable signature verifcation so you install different system apps with different signatures

there is an app that can disable signature verifcation but I cant post it or name it here
Ive already boot the rom succesfully, after cleaning i installed your mod (before im messin it) then im start messin reboot the statbar lost -_-

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

JB 4.2.2 Style Status Bar With Volume Quick Panel And Colour Changer Mod For AOSP​

This Mod Is For AOSP Only
    If You Require The Stock Version Go Here
    If you Require The CM7 Version Go Here

Take Note Of The Following
    Anyone is free to use and develop this with the following conditions
    you do not mirror the download link or add any ads to my download link on blog sites
    post the link to this thread if you blog this
    credit me and the original dev of the layout SpaceCaker and dev of the colour changer and smali files for sliders b16h22

hef9.jpg
    5wee.jpg

snic.jpg
    zqxo.jpg

How To Use
    Pull the left side down of the status bar for notifications
    Pull the right side down of the status bar for sliders
    Use the evo app by b16h22 to change the status bar colour and transparency

Install Instructions
    If installing the AOSP rom for first time fully boot the rom first before apply mod or status bar will vanish
    Go into CWM
    Make A Nandroid Backup In Case Your Status Bar Goes Walkies For Some Strange Reason
    Mount System
    Install Zip From SD
    Select Zip
    Restart
    Now look at how to mod framework if you get black on black text with some statusbar events

Changelog
    V1
    Initial release
    Added/edited smali/xml files to SystemUI.apk
    Added/edited battery icons/xml in framework-res.apk
    Added Toggles
    Resized for ldpi
    Added sliders and icons

Bugs
    Settings button doesn't work
    If you increase phone volume slider the notification slider increases too but can be decreased separately

Downloads
    For Galaxy Y GT-S5360 AOSP Status Bar

How To Mod Your Framework If You Get Black On Black Text With Some Events

1. Decompile framwork-res.apk with apktool
    2. Goto res/vaules
    3. Open styles.xml with notepad++
    4. Search for @style/TextAppearance.StatusBar
    5. Just below it change the value of <item name="textColor"> to #ffffffff
    6. Search for @style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.EventContent
    7 Just below it change the value of <item name="textColor"> to #ffffffff
    8. Recompile and put in a flashable zip and flash with system mounted

Do Not Post Things Like
    Will this work on xyz rom - This is for AOSP only!
    Will this work on stock rom - NO!! See link at the top of the thread for stock version
    Will this work on CM7 rom - NO!!!!

To make it clear - this is for AOSP only!

Credits
    SpaceCaker
    b16h22
    how about CM ? it work for CM based ? :)

was the op not clear enough? AOSP ONLY!!!
    Good Job Marcuss!
    The AOSP GB Statusbar was booring until now
    :)

Will try next week, anyone is free to test my systemui.apk in post 2. I hope its good lookin

i tested your systemui.apk - it force closes