[Q] One's touch screen disabled

Search This thread

slapshot123

Jan 13, 2014
RESOLVED

Silver HTC One for AT&T; bootloader unlocked, rooted, s-on

I tried to flash a 4.1.2 ROM on the phone earlier today through CWM. No errors were given during the process. After the phone restarted the touch screen is now disabled. All three hardware keys seem to be working fine (power, v-up, v-down). Since the touchscreen is not working I cannot get past the initial lock screen. If I try and restart the phone by holding power it takes a long time >5 minutes of holding down power, "To restart your phone continue to press and hold power for 3, 2, 1, comes up and then stays at 1 for a long time.

If I connect the phone to my mac android file transfer opens up and I can see the files on the phone. However, if I try to find the device using 'adb devices' the list of attached devices is empty.

I would like to put a different ROM on and then flash that but because I am unable to do a power down (only restart after a long time) or use adb to re-boot into fastboot or recovery I am stuck.

Anything you guys could give me to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

also I installed HTC sync manager and it launches after the device is attached, but does not indicate that my device is attached.

Thanks!

Last edited:

n1234d

Aug 18, 2013
Mumbai
Google Pixel 6a
But wouldnt I need adb to recognize my device? At the moment I cannot even get it to show up in devices when it is connected.

Just copy the 4.3 rom via the file manager, then restart with however long it takes. While restarting, keep the vol-down button pressed. You'll reboot to bootloader. From there, go to recovery and select your 4.3 rom.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Reactions: slapshot123

slapshot123

Jan 13, 2014
somesli they

OTG cable is also an option!

sent from my mobile device

Can you elaborate on the OTG cable? It may be my best option at the moment because I cannot get the phone to reboot at all let alone into recovery. I tried to restart while holding down power and vol-down (like n1234d said) for about 20 minutes and the phone did not restart.

fenstre

Jan 9, 2012
You could use an OTG cable and a USB drive to get the ROM onto the phone inside recovery. Unfortunately, you still need to reboot to recovery. If the phone can't reboot, I'm not sure what to do.

droids@m

Dec 16, 2012
Bangalore
Can you elaborate on the OTG cable? It may be my best option at the moment because I cannot get the phone to reboot at all let alone into recovery. I tried to restart while holding down power and vol-down (like n1234d said) for about 20 minutes and the phone did not restart.

Just hold the power button and power it off....

then try to get in recovery from bootloader....

the phone wont get recognized via adb if not in recovery mode cause the USB debugging would be turned off....

slapshot123

Jan 13, 2014
the phone WILL power off if you keep the power button pressed for 20-30 seconds and should reboot.

Thanks, but for whatever reason it took holding down the power button for 40 minutes.

You could use an OTG cable and a USB drive to get the ROM onto the phone inside recovery. Unfortunately, you still need to reboot to recovery. If the phone can't reboot, I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks for you suggestions, as I mentioned above I got the phone to reboot into recovery after holding down power for an insanely long time. From there I was able to use adb to get everything sorted out.

So my problem is resolved, how do I close/delete this thread? Thanks for all your suggestions.

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
Thanks, but for whatever reason it took holding down the power button for 40 minutes.

Thanks for you suggestions, as I mentioned above I got the phone to reboot into recovery after holding down power for an insanely long time. From there I was able to use adb to get everything sorted out.

So my problem is resolved, how do I close/delete this thread? Thanks for all your suggestions.

Haha 40 minutes, yeah right.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011

Sorry to hear it took a while, thats odd. But you are all done now. Edit your first post and change the subject to [SOLVED] .. thats all

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need a 4.3 based ROM. Push via ADB and install via cwm or adb sideload

But wouldnt I need adb to recognize my device? At the moment I cannot even get it to show up in devices when it is connected.

Just copy the 4.3 rom via the file manager, then restart with however long it takes. While restarting, keep the vol-down button pressed. You'll reboot to bootloader. From there, go to recovery and select your 4.3 rom.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Put ur phone on Recovery then try to adb push or Sideload....
    OTG cable is also an option!