Weird problem in the browser and stock video player, please help.

Search This thread

xmob101

Jun 8, 2009
I have the Note 3 9005 version and in the stock browser I have the option for full screen ticked. But when I scroll down the page the address bar doesn't disappear, so no true full screen mode. The status bar is hidden though.

Also in the stock video player when I touch the screen to bring up the controls, it doesn't auto hide after a few seconds like it should and doesn't disappear even when I tap the middle of the screen. I have to press the rotate button to change the orientation and then once again to go back to landscape mode.

Could these 2 issues be related? Any solutions will be appreciated.

xmob101

Jun 8, 2009
I have the same problem with the video player. Only workaround is to rotate it portrait then back to landscape, controls disappear ...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Do you have the browser problem too? The address bar doesn't auto hide on mine like it should.

Anyone else facing these issues? Possible fix?

Do you have the browser problem too? The address bar doesn't auto hide on mine like it should.

Anyone else facing these issues? Possible fix?

Yup, just tested. Address bar stays on persistent even though full screen option checked under browser settings ....

Though this one isnt as irritating as the video playback due to the large screen..

Any fix or workaround ?

Did the rotate workaround work for you as well for the video playback ?

Nitish

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

xmob101

Jun 8, 2009
Yep, that's the only way to rotate the screen for me too.

So can we assume the browser and the video player issues are linked?

Even though it's a large screen i still wanna utilise all of it...

xmob101

Jun 8, 2009
Anyone else with this problem? I'm so used to full screen browsing on my note 2 but I can't get it to work on the note 3.

Are there any other browsers that have a proper full screen mode?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

hackfree

Feb 24, 2006
i am having this problem. on android 4.3. when in video playback, the controls doesn't auto hide. i have to rotate the screen in order to do so.... maybe there is a bug? or a bad program that affects this?

ione2380

Oct 13, 2009
Brasov
Full screen browser is only meant to hide the status bar. It says so in the settings!

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N9005 folosind Tapatalk