My Verizon Note II saga, I need help please

Search This thread

jpsllc

Oct 27, 2013
Columbia
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
:eek: Ok folks, first I am embarrassed, as I am not a developer by any stretch of the Imagination. I am however somewhat familiar with our little Samsung creatures. I have a Verizon note II I was attempting to put the tether mod on when I created a softbrick due to the boot loader being locked. This was, and is odd, as I had TWRP & CWM installed as I had used casual way back when to unlock and root. So when I used Rom Manger to boot into the boot loader it worked fine. I then attempted to uninstall the mod it failed. So I updated the custom recovery CWM via RM and caused a soft brick. After researching what happened I was able to ODIN back to stock. Worked like a charm. So after doing that I went to run Adams Casual again and it stuck on the boot loader and know I see this message. "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." So i figured I would just Odin back again except this time my phone isn't being detected by ODIN?? I am at a loss and need the collective wisdom of the brilliant minds that make up XDA. Thanks in advance. :fingers-crossed:

Curtis Craig

Mar 30, 2013
:eek: Ok folks, first I am embarrassed, as I am not a developer by any stretch of the Imagination. I am however somewhat familiar with our little Samsung creatures. I have a Verizon note II I was attempting to put the tether mod on when I created a softbrick due to the boot loader being locked. This was, and is odd, as I had TWRP & CWM installed as I had used casual way back when to unlock and root. So when I used Rom Manger to boot into the boot loader it worked fine. I then attempted to uninstall the mod it failed. So I updated the custom recovery CWM via RM and caused a soft brick. After researching what happened I was able to ODIN back to stock. Worked like a charm. So after doing that I went to run Adams Casual again and it stuck on the boot loader and know I see this message. "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." So i figured I would just Odin back again except this time my phone isn't being detected by ODIN?? I am at a loss and need the collective wisdom of the brilliant minds that make up XDA. Thanks in advance. :fingers-crossed:

Did you take the 4.3 OTA from Verizon?

falkon114

Apr 1, 2011
LG G5
LG V30
Brutal. This is good to know though as I'm looking to go back to stock for a bit as well.
Are there any devs working on unlocking it? I'm hoping that our device isn't sinking to the back burner with the Galaxy S4 and Note 3 being on the market now.

jpsllc

Oct 27, 2013
Columbia
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Yeah it is brutal!

I am actually OK with it being locked for now, I just need to figure out how to get ODIN to recognize it again so I can get it back to the land of the living. Not having a working phone is the pits. I am wondering if there is a method to JTAG it using an SD card like there is for some of the other Samsung's? Anybody got any ideas for me? I am all ears!!:crying:

Curtis Craig

Mar 30, 2013
I am actually OK with it being locked for now, I just need to figure out how to get ODIN to recognize it again so I can get it back to the land of the living. Not having a working phone is the pits. I am wondering if there is a method to JTAG it using an SD card like there is for some of the other Samsung's? Anybody got any ideas for me? I am all ears!!:crying:

I would uninstall then reinstall the Samsung drivers. Then try odin again.

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
The title say's it all. I of course welcome all ideas that might resurrect my phone and keep it from becoming a paperweight. :crying:

Casual changes the drivers on one of your USB ports or at least used to (I haven't been with Verizon for a while). So try another port or computer for that matter to use Odin. I forget how to undo that change casual makes

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app