[Q] Custom Rom question

Search This thread

TaylorDahmer

May 13, 2013
Marikina City
suppose i flashed a new rom to my device.. just the custom rom without a custom kernel.. but i want to go back to my stock rom and i have a nandroid backup of it.. is it safe or advisable to restore it via cwm? or do i need odin to get back to stock rom again?

:D

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
you can just restore your nandroid backup if the custom rom is stock based without flashing stock rom via odin first
if it is cm/aosp based I would flash stock rom via odin first if you used percys kernel or kernel that converts system to ext then you can restore your nandroid backup

if the backup being restored is using the kernel used at time of backup you will get no errors
if the backup being restored is not using the kernel used at time of backup goto advanced restore and restore system and data only or flash the kernel that you were using when the backup was made first

Reactions: TaylorDahmer

TaylorDahmer

May 13, 2013
Marikina City
you can just restore your nandroid backup if the custom rom is stock based without flashing stock rom via odin first
if it is cm/aosp based I would flash stock rom via odin first if you used percys kernel or kernel that converts system to ext then you can restore your nandroid backup

if the backup being restored is using the kernel used at time of backup you will get no errors
if the backup being restored is not using the kernel used at time of backup goto advanced restore and restore system and data only or flash the kernel that you were using when the backup was made first

say example i flashed a custom rom with a custom kernel.. but the kernel is not cm/aosp based.. can i use my nandroid backup to get back to stock rom and kernel?

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
say example i flashed a custom rom with a custom kernel.. but the kernel is not cm/aosp based.. can i use my nandroid backup to get back to stock rom and kernel?

rom yes kernel no - nandroid backup does not backup/restore your kernel

like I said - if the nandroid backup was made say on stock kernel then restore it on stock kernel or if using different kernel to which the backup was made on goto advance restore and restore only system and data

TaylorDahmer

May 13, 2013
Marikina City
rintal Irish

like I said - if the nandroid backup was made say on stock kernel then restore it on stock kernel or if using different kernel to which the backup was made on goto advance restore and restore only system and data

but i am using madteam's CWM. which i think backs up the kernel because there is boot.img in the backup files. correct me if im wrong :)

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
but i am using madteam's CWM. which i think backs up the kernel because there is boot.img in the backup files. correct me if im wrong :)

it doesnt restore it though - thats why I said if on different kernel advance restore system and data only because if you just do a normal restore your will get a boot.img failure and it wont restore

but you can always try and see what happens

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

it doesnt restore it though - thats why I said if on different kernel advance restore system and data only because if you just do a normal restore your will get a boot.img failure and it wont restore

but you can always try and see what happens