S-View Flip Kit Kat 4.4.2 Problem

Search This thread

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
I have a qi wireless receiver with built in s view ic, I will try them as soon as 4.4 is released, right now it's only 4.3 available in hong kong.

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
Here the 3 types of S View chipset design.

11981715045_e2c8deeb35_b_d.jpg

Spigen just simply copy counterfeit design.

nlatifolia

Jan 6, 2014
Last edited:

the_ape

May 30, 2005
www.nakedcleaner.com
I
Haha! That counterfeit one I get one month ago before Spigen release that.

OK, had a dig through the code, I'm off to bed, however....

The code that does the check is in Keyguard.apk (/system/priv-app)

it's in the SssdkVendorCheck.smali

Code:
# Force check to return right vendor - The_Ape
    const-string v1, "Samsung"
    const-string v2, "Samsung"

invoke-virtual {v1, v2}, Ljava/lang/String;->compareToIgnoreCase(Ljava/lang/String;)I

move-result v1

if-eqz v1, :cond_2

.line 27
#    sget-object v1, Lcom/samsung/android/sdk/SsdkVendorCheck;->strManufacturer:Ljava/lang/String;

invoke-virtual {v1, v2}, Ljava/lang/String;->compareToIgnoreCase(Ljava/lang/String;)I

move-result v1

I've popped the #'s in to rem out the line, and forced the compare to 'work'

I've only had a couple of seconds to test, and there seems to be something else somewhere, I'll have a further dig when I get back up, but if anyone wants to run with it there's a starting point.

Compiled / Signed APK if you want to test is attached in the ZIP (https://mega.co.nz/#!BJ4RGDaK!PovFHTqJDrq8GV6vevaDOyPL5e9OACoZnpHxMDj_d00)

Be my guest, if you need any info, shout, get anywhere share the love :)

Good Night

Update... Was bugging me, a quick look at what was happening

u5eqa2um.jpg

As you can see I've obviously missed something as the type is coming back as '2'

If this comes back as' 1' then we are good to go, I'll have a fiddle later unless someone beats me too it.

Last edited:

nlatifolia

Jan 6, 2014
I

Code:

move-result v1

.line 27
#    sget-object v1, Lcom/samsung/android/sdk/SsdkVendorCheck;->strManufacturer:Ljava/lang/String;

move-result v1

I've only had a couple of seconds to test, and there seems to be something else somewhere, I'll have a further dig when I get back up, but if anyone wants to run with it there's a starting point.

Compiled / Signed APK if you want to test is attached in the ZIP (https://mega.co.nz/#!BJ4RGDaK!PovFHTqJDrq8GV6vevaDOyPL5e9OACoZnpHxMDj_d00)

Good Night

u5eqa2um.jpg

As you can see I've obviously missed something as the type is coming back as '2'

If this comes back as' 1' then we are good to go, I'll have a fiddle later unless someone beats me too it.

Awesome.. Really great work man.. We owe you much.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

sauliiin

Jan 12, 2011
Belo Horizonte
I

Code:

move-result v1

.line 27

move-result v1

Good Night

u5eqa2um.jpg

Hi friend!
So... It had nothing to do with s view apk? Flashing the zip file you attached from recovery will make others S View cases work? Thanks...

Sorry to not test it, but I'm working and havent found time to flash kitkat yet! Probably will do this weekend!

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
I

Awesome find, I can't test now as back home town few days, I didn't bring any S View case.

the_ape

May 30, 2005
www.nakedcleaner.com

OK, after much more digging, it's not as simple as I'd hoped, as it's called in multiple places. The root of it is in SystemUI.apk, the function is isSupportTypeOfCover

It's been one of those days at work, so I'll have a look at it in a bit, but if anyone is feeling upto it, you have a starting point.... Why oh Why did they have to start detecting 'grey' cases.....

magikone69

Nov 24, 2013
I have a knock off s view case and it works once connected and phone is powered on...then after a few mins it no longer works, any ideas?

nlatifolia

Jan 6, 2014
OK, after much more digging, it's not as simple as I'd hoped, as it's called in multiple places. The root of it is in SystemUI.apk, the function is isSupportTypeOfCover

It's been one of those days at work, so I'll have a look at it in a bit, but if anyone is feeling upto it, you have a starting point.... Why oh Why did they have to start detecting 'grey' cases.....

Bro, u have my moral support. I'm sure u can beat them !

deddoa

Jan 5, 2013
and nkwoga

Hatroid S View PRO App seems to still work, as it seems to just work off of the light sensor, though that said it lacks some of the functionality of the standard one. Not bad to tide you over until someone can figure out a fix or Samsung decide it was unintentional and fix it along with many of the other bugs (I got burnt with the price of the multimedia dock, I am not doing it again for an official cover just because they decided to try kill any competition for their overpriced accessories that used to work in 4.3, which I would flash back to if I could).

the_ape

May 30, 2005
www.nakedcleaner.com
Hatroid S View PRO App seems to still work, as it seems to just work off of the light sensor, though that said it lacks some of the functionality of the standard one. Not bad to tide you over until someone can figure out a fix or Samsung decide it was unintentional and fix it along with many of the other bugs (I got burnt with the price of the multimedia dock, I am not doing it again for an official cover just because they decided to try kill any competition for their overpriced accessories that used to work in 4.3, which I would flash back to if I could).

Have you got the details on the Multimedia Dock that's stopped?

Oh and NOTHING I've uploaded will fix this at the moment, Dev's need be the only people to download anything I post. I'll create a new thread when I get it sorted.

deddoa

Jan 5, 2013
Have you got the details on the Multimedia Dock that's stopped?

Oh and NOTHING I've uploaded will fix this at the moment, Dev's need be the only people to download anything I post. I'll create a new thread when I get it sorted.

The Multimedia Dock works, and if anything the picture quality has improved. Even with the mouse plugged in to turn the phone screen off and give the landscape dock screen, my asteroid wallpaper was dithered when displayed on the TV screen where it wasn't on the phone on 4.3, but on 4.4.2 the dithering has gone, I'm guessing 4.3 was mirroring in 16bit colour and 4.4.2 32bit).

On the other hand the frame rate has been locked at 30fps where it was managing 60fps in 4.3. I thought it was just Epic citadel that was reporting back 30fps regardless of the detail setting, but XBMC is reporting 30 FPS as well. Also there is landscape mode when viewing the normal phone screens, but like 3rd party apps, it cuts off the bottom of the screen which usually means the bottom row of icons is hidden.

That said, it's still not offering anything a 16 quid one off of Amazon wont give you, other than an extra USB port (speaker jack as well but that doesn't work with the HDMI lea plugged in and you can just as easily use the phones earphone socket) and a USB hub can fix that, which is my reasoning for getting burnt as I paid 60 for the official one.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nope, after a whole bunch of 'feeding' it various values, I think I need to get an official case to see what actually gets sent over to the device. I've ordered one from Amazon, so we shall see. If I can effectively copy the values that are read from an official case then should not be a problem.

I shall be back on the 'case' when I get my new case :)
    Hello every one !

I have one solution to S-View Flip. Today i have buy one official cover and proceded a chip swap to Official & Spigen Slim Armor View.
    Nice it work ! but the solution is expensive, buy the spigen SAV + Official Cover, the operation is not without risk. Rest one problem, the Home buton not work.

The home button is not only blocked from SView, it's blocked completely with the screen off, the event watcher is not registered for it.

I've been digging through all this code, and oh my word have they gone to town, and although our 'unofficial' stuff has stopped I don't think that was the primary reason for Samsung to do this, it seems they have registered a whole bunch of other identifiers, so that other official 'devices' whether they be cases or whatever can be identified uniquely.

The 4.3 way of doing things was :

Check for chip - if exists is it's vendor name Samsung - If so turn on S-View

in the 4.4.2 world :

Check for chip - if exists is it's vendor name Samsung - If so What's the Device ID - If it's 0x1 then S-View on if it's 0x2 then it's FlipView case (no S-View, just turn screen off, and turn on again when opened)

The problem we have, the chips our devices use Doesn't have an ID, Just the Vendor name.

What we need to do is force the detection code to identify the chip as an S-View no matter what.

I'll have another look later, only had a couple hours today.

Just so you know the status.
    Wow, the more I dig the more horrified and impressed I am!

There's code in here to detect what colour the case is that you are using, and then it can set the background to match, there's code for different size 'openings' in the case, and for no opening at all....

I might need to get hold of an 'official' device so I can see what these things are being set too!

For now though, I'll try hack around it ;)
    It say this
    _a235@hlte:/ $ su
    root@hlte:/ # echo 1 > /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/w1_master_check_id
    tmp-mksh: can't create /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/w1_master_check_id: Permission denied

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Okay, here's another APK, can you try that? http://dl-count.xposed.info/modules/com.mohammadag.sviewverificationbypasser_v3_be39c1.apk

Reboot after you see the "modules list updated toast"
    Heh, so I didn't waste 85$ (in a way)

Here's a support thread for the module since it works :)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49664676