FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Ported Launchers that works on N7 2013

42 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By trmp54, Member on 16th January 2014, 05:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I know some of you are against changing the stock/vanilla android look, but for those who have tried any launchers that have been ported from other devices like Samsung, LG, Sony...

Wich launcher (share links if possible) have worked on your device?
Share your screenshots with the launcher in use and necessary steps to look alike.

The only decent launcher that i've been able to find working is the LG G2 launcher
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2580458

It looks ok, but the icons are way too small and the weather widget size (4x2) is smaller than home grid size (5x5) so it does not center.

Share your thoughts and links for other launchers that look good on the Nexus 7 20131
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-15-23-48-51.png
Views:	2818
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	2519015  

16th January 2014, 11:18 AM |#2  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 940

More
The TouchWiz launcher from the S4 also works. The launcher will be very small, but it can be enlarged using X posed Framework + App settings.

Tablet: ASUS Nexus 7.2
Rooted, Custom Rom & Kernel
16th January 2014, 09:21 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarsyl

The TouchWiz launcher from the S4 also works. The launcher will be very small, but it can be enlarged using X posed Framework + App settings

I also installed touchwiz from the s4 but it looks tiny and i dont know how to fix it, i have exposed module and the app settings but still dont know how to fix it. I hope you can help me
17th January 2014, 09:41 AM |#4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1,217

More
Suggestion, posting screenshots with the launcher in use and necessary steps to look alike.
I used XPeria launcher but kinda lagged on transitions. Also tried MIUI launcher but crashes on 4.4.2. Other than that it's smooth, fluid and looks good (:

17th January 2014, 04:57 PM |#5  
Flag NJ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmp54

I also installed touchwiz from the s4 but it looks tiny and i dont know how to fix it, i have exposed module and the app settings but still dont know how to fix it. I hope you can help me

Absolutely! Here's what I did. These steps are for those who don't know about Xposed Framework as well.

1. Make sure that Xposed is installed (the framework, not just the apk), download App settings module from the Downloads section within the app. Go back to the modules section, and activate the checkbox for App Settings.

2. Reboot. (It is recommended that you reboot for the framework to be installed for the changes to take effect. While this is true, I reboot after my modules are downloaded/activated. If not, they would require a second reboot as well.)

3. Navigate to "TouchWiz home" in App Settings. Switch it from Off to On, and change the DPI value to a resolution that you find suitable, and hit save. I use 460 for this launcher, and various values for different apps that I find is a waste of screen real estate (like 280 for the Play Store, and most of the Google Apps).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TouchWiz default.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	2522045   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xposed apk.png
Views:	597
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	2522046   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xposed Modules.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	2522047   Click image for larger version

Name:	App Settings.png
Views:	559
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	2522048   Click image for larger version

Name:	TouchWiz modified settings.png
Views:	561
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	2522051   Click image for larger version

Name:	TouchWiz modified.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	2522052   Click image for larger version

Name:	TouchWiz modified App drawer.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	2522053   Click image for larger version

Name:	Play Store (default).jpg
Views:	550
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	2522086   Click image for larger version

Name:	Play Store (280 DPI).jpg
Views:	533
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	2522087  
The Following User Says Thank You to AarSyl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AarSyl Ad-Free
17th January 2014, 05:22 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightDevil

Suggestion, posting screenshots with the launcher in use and necessary steps to look alike.
I used XPeria launcher but kinda lagged on transitions. Also tried MIUI launcher but crashes on 4.4.2. Other than that it's smooth, fluid and looks good (:

Nice idea. I'll add those suggestions to the main post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarsyl

Absolutely! Here's what I did. These steps are for those who don't know about Xposed Framework as well.

1. Make sure that Xposed is installed (the framework, not just the apk), download App settings module from the Downloads section within the app. Go back to the modules section, and activate the checkbox for App Settings.

2. Reboot. (It is recommended that you reboot for the framework to be installed for the changes to take effect. While this is true, I reboot after my modules are downloaded/activated. If not, they would require a second reboot as well.)

3. Navigate to "TouchWiz home" in App Settings. Switch it from Off to On, and change the DPI value to a resolution that you find suitable, and hit save. I use 460 for this launcher, and various values for different apps that I find is a waste of screen real estate (like 280 for the Play Store, and most of the Google Apps).

Got it working now, i didn't know which dpi setting to use, although the homescreen is 4x4, i wish it was 5x5 at least. Thanks for the help!
The Following User Says Thank You to trmp54 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trmp54 Ad-Free
17th January 2014, 06:47 PM |#8  
Flag NJ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoehner

Why would anyone want TW?...lol

Not that I actually want it...but this is Android. I have it just because I can.

P.S.: Can't add any widgets to it. Not sure why the permissions are wrong, but I didn't care to figure it out. I don't use it.
17th January 2014, 06:49 PM |#9  
Flag Arlington
Thanks Meter: 51

Donate to Me
More
Gonna give the lg launcher a whirl... Is it functionably?
18th January 2014, 04:38 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Where is the touchwiz launcher for the nexus 7 2013? I've searched and searched but can't seem to find it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
5th February 2014, 06:03 PM |#11  
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Port touchwiz launcher for Nexus 7 2013 flo.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)