Zophone I5 MTK6577 bricked, tryed everything for a week, please help me

Search This thread

xcyxoux

Jan 18, 2014
Hello!

I've got bricked Iphone 5 clone on MTK6577.
This phone was bricked because I flashed wrong firmware, but it still detects as "MTK USB Port" (PID_0003) when I plug it in and don't press any buttons on it.

I have backup from the 100% same phone, both bricked and working phones were from the same seller, bought together and came in one box.
As I understand phone has a chance to be unbricked, because Windows still detects it (PID_0003 means that Bootrom is alive).

So what I did this last week to unbrick it:
  • I tryed to flash backup with different versions of Sp flash tool (from 3.12.06.01 to 3.1336.0.198)
  • I tryed to flash first two blocks (preloader and dsp_bl)
  • I tryed to reinstall drivers and changed them
  • I tryed to flash it on 5 different PCs with Windows Xp(two different), Windows 7, Windows 7 64, Windows 8
  • I changed COM port number.

And always got this error: S_DA_DRAM_NOT_SUPPORT (3004) and when I use older Sp Flash Tool versions it ends with error: S_DL_GET_DRAM_SETTINGS_FAIL (5054). Even if I flash only PRELOADER and DSP_BL blocks.

How it happens:
I disconnect the device from PC, choose scatter file in Sp Flash Tool, push "Download" button, connect the device.
After that red line fills in the bottom 100% and after some seconds MTK USB Port dissapears from device manager and I hear sound of "unplugged device" (sometimes it sounds twice). In the bottom of Sp Flash Tool driver name changes to DA USB VCOM Port and S_DA_DRAM_NOT_SUPPORT (3004) error appears.

I have no idea what to do and anyway thanks to everybody for your answers and advices in this thread.

Some details about the phone from MTK Droid Tools:

Hardware : MT6577 (MT6589 is Fake!)
Model : iPhone5
Build number : ALPS.ICS2.MP.V1.18
Build date UTC : 20130822-011857
Android v : 4.2.0
Baseband v: MAUI.11AMD.W12.22.SP.V14, 2013/07/01 20:22
Kernel v : 3.0.13 (root@microhand-desktop) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #1 SMP Thu Aug 22 09:17:28 CST 2013
Uboot build v : MAIN2.2.ubt.2443
LCD Driver IC : 1-nt35510_mipi

Also here is screenshot of Sp Flash Tool 3.1336.0.sn198 when I get this error.

If you need any other information, just ask and I'll do my best to get it. Please help!

Attachments

• 3004_error.png
    3004_error.png
    28 KB · Views: 14,186

UltraWelfare

Dec 26, 2013
Xanthi
It's not an iOS device, MTK Droid tools wouldn't detect it if it's a iOS device. I'm sure, and it wouldn't be detected as MTK USB Port (PID_0003) when I plug it in.

I don't mean that...I mean it has iOS operating system.Like it doesn't have Google Play or anything that's related to google.It has App Store - iTunes and stuff of Apple...

xcyxoux

Jan 18, 2014
First of all, read this first http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2160490
@rua1 is the creator of MTK Droid Tool.

And for the love of your phone, do NOT flash the first 2 item [uncheck the first 2 boxes in SP Flash Tool]
if u r not flashing whole firmware.
Read the tutorial and u will know why.

Thanks for the answer!
When I bricked it I used Sp flash tool which flashes one whole .bin file. So I think preloader and dsp_bl are not "native" now.
Anyway I'll read the tutorial.

xcyxoux

Jan 18, 2014
Which part did u flash? Every check box? [firmware] or few parts only [download]?

When I bricked it I used special version of Flash tool and single .bin file. Screenshot in attach.
After that I tryed out other versions of Flash Tool and with checkboxes too.

Attachments

• what_i_used.png
    what_i_used.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 129

xcyxoux

Jan 18, 2014
U mentioned u have backup. How did u make the backup? With flash tool or MTK droid tool?

That's right. But I have backup not exactly from this phone but from the same phone from the same seller and they both came in one box.
I used Mtk droid tools 2.5.2 to make backup from alive phone.
After making backup I prepared blocks for Flash Tool with MTK Droid tools.

When I try to flash it I get the same errors.

I recorded video how it happens Link

Last edited:

Noob_XDA

Oct 10, 2013
That's right. But I have backup not exactly from this phone but from the same phone from the same seller and they both came in one box.
I used Mtk droid tools 2.5.2 to make backup from alive phone.
After making backup I prepared blocks for Flash Tool with MTK Droid tools.

When I try to flash it I get the same errors.

I recorded video how it happens Link

Can u try flashing just boot.img & system.img

If it still fail, read this guide on how to recover from flashing wrong preloader.bin http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1943442

Last edited:

xcyxoux

Jan 18, 2014
Can u try flashing just boot.img & system.img

If it still fail, read this guide on how to recover from flashing wrong preloader.bin http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1943442

Flashing boot.img and system.img leads to the same situation.

I read this guide on how to recover from flashing wrong preloader, I can't activate META mode. I tryed different combinations of buttons and still no luck - PC doesn't detect it as Preloader COM Port or VCOM Port. The only device it detects is MTK USB Port with PID=0003. When I try to flash it can detect VCOM Port after red line fills on 100%, but after that it fails.
I even found testpoint for this device but it reacts the same. At all.

DRAM is broken? But I didn't touch the hardware except battery.

That is why I created this thread. :/

Noob_XDA

Oct 10, 2013
Flashing boot.img and system.img leads to the same situation.

I read this guide on how to recover from flashing wrong preloader, I can't activate META mode. I tryed different combinations of buttons and still no luck - PC doesn't detect it as Preloader COM Port or VCOM Port. The only device it detects is MTK USB Port with PID=0003. When I try to flash it can detect VCOM Port after red line fills on 100%, but after that it fails.
I even found testpoint for this device but it reacts the same. At all.

DRAM is broken? But I didn't touch the hardware except battery.

That is why I created this thread. :/

In that guide, to enter META mode

For MT6575/ 77
With the battery out, hold the volume up, don't let go & plug in the USB cable will activate META mode for few seconds...Typically, you need to click Download at SP Flash Tool before entering META mode or it will auto disconnected...

xcyxoux

Jan 18, 2014
In that guide, to enter META mode

For MT6575/ 77
With the battery out, hold the volume up, don't let go & plug in the USB cable will activate META mode for few seconds...Typically, you need to click Download at SP Flash Tool before entering META mode or it will auto disconnected...

That's right, but it doesn't work. No device is detected without battery and any other combinations of buttons don't work.