[Q] Need help BIG time, no OS anymore.

Search This thread

jjc09081989

Oct 24, 2013
So before I installed Cyogenmod months ago I forgot to backup everything but I didn't think it mattered as everything was running smooth. I try to update to a nightlybuild that was in my settings and TWRP said it failed. Every single time I tried to reboot or factory reset I would constantly go back to the TWRP screen. I've tried drag and dropping multiple roms onto the phone, find it and 'swipe to confirm flash' but it ALWAYS says fail no matter what. And when I try to go to reboot it says 'WARNING: No OS found.' I've been trying all day and I literally need this phone to work but nothing I do is helping. Please help? Or ask any questions you guys need to know.:confused::confused::crying::confused::crying::confused::crying:

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
So before I installed Cyogenmod months ago I forgot to backup everything but I didn't think it mattered as everything was running smooth. I try to update to a nightlybuild that was in my settings and TWRP said it failed. Every single time I tried to reboot or factory reset I would constantly go back to the TWRP screen. I've tried drag and dropping multiple roms onto the phone, find it and 'swipe to confirm flash' but it ALWAYS says fail no matter what. And when I try to go to reboot it says 'WARNING: No OS found.' I've been trying all day and I literally need this phone to work but nothing I do is helping. Please help? Or ask any questions you guys need to know.:confused::confused::crying::confused::crying::confused::crying:

For Samsung phone:
Go download mode and flash a ROM through ODIN.

For non-Samsung devices:
Flash a ROM from SD-Card.

Smack that Thanks button if I helped!
XDAing from a N7105 powered by Illusion ROM.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA :(

Lgrootnoob

Oct 1, 2012
Dallas
It's not letting me post but my phone is the HTC EVO 4G LTE

First, flash to stock based on carrier.
Taken straight from an xda forum post for the sprint model Here is a page that has the stock ruu's use the one at the bottom of the list.
http://www.androidruu.com/index.php?developer=Jewel
Second, fastboot flash the latest twrp img for your evo. (Or however you got it on there in the first place.)
Last, get back to cm or whatever rom you want using the way that you originally got there.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Or just follow this tutorial.
Then get back to custom stuff the way you originally did it.

Reactions: jjc09081989

jjc09081989

Oct 24, 2013
Taken straight from an xda forum post for the sprint model Here is a page that has the stock ruu's use the one at the bottom of the list.
Second, fastboot flash the latest twrp img for your evo. (Or however you got it on there in the first place.)
Last, get back to cm or whatever rom you want using the way that you originally got there.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

it's saying "the ROM update cannot update please get the correct rom update utility and try again." please help because I believe this will be the thing that gets my phone up and running again

Lgrootnoob

Oct 1, 2012
Dallas
it's saying "the ROM update cannot update please get the correct rom update utility and try again." please help because I believe this will be the thing that gets my phone up and running again

I have samsung phones, your sol.
:p
Just kidding, I have one htc phone. (Dinc 2)

Which tutorial did you follow?

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Give me about 15 minutes, I'm working on a fix for you.

Have fastboot ready.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

I found a fix, just load an updated twrp with Fastboot and flash an OS.

Reactions: jjc09081989

jjc09081989

Oct 24, 2013

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Have fastboot ready.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

I'm on the Recovery screen and it says ***Tampered***
***Relocked***
***Security warning***
jewel pvt ship s-on RL
HBOOT-1.15.0000
radio- 1.05.11.0606
opendsp-v25.1.0.32.0405
emmc-boot
I am trying to use windroid but I am lost with this as well.

Lgrootnoob

Oct 1, 2012
Dallas
That didn't show me anything lol just him doing it all on his phone and there's no description so I don't know what he just did. Plus I can't even get to my home screen I have no OS whatsoever.Stuck on recovery.

I don't understand that, he provides fastboot commands and two downloads which should provide s-off.
Boot into bootloader with key combo and then use fastboot on your pc with the commands he provided.

If you need drivers then ask.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

I'm nearly at the end of my ability to actually be of any use.
Sorry.

jjc09081989

Oct 24, 2013
I don't understand that, he provides fastboot commands and two downloads which should provide s-off.
Boot into bootloader with key combo and then use fastboot on your pc with the commands he provided.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Sorry.

Oh okay I see it I'm sorry I went directly to the youtube video. Where would I put those text codes into though? In windroid?

Reactions: Lgrootnoob

jjc09081989

Oct 24, 2013

Sorry.
I appreciate everything so far, just one more thing though if you don't mind. This page, those 'codes.' Where do I put them? Like..under where?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How bout the specs on that phone?
    Model, link me to the phone here on xda, link me to the support page of your manufacturers website, etc.
    Sounds like a partitioning issue.
    How bout the specs on that phone?
    Model, link me to the phone here on xda, link me to the support page of your manufacturers website, etc.
    Sounds like a partitioning issue.

Have fastboot ready.

I'm on the Recovery screen and it says ***Tampered***
    ***Relocked***
    ***Security warning***
    jewel pvt ship s-on RL
    HBOOT-1.15.0000
    radio- 1.05.11.0606
    opendsp-v25.1.0.32.0405
    emmc-boot
    I am trying to use windroid but I am lost with this as well.

You need s-off
    then you can flash recovery.