[APP} Zooomer for the HTC HD2 - RELEASED

Search This thread
A good friend of mine - Bernd M. Walter - just released ZOOOMER for the HTC HD2.

zoomer1.jpg

What does this app do?
Zooomer enables "pinch to zoom" in the programs you want. The software scans all .exe on the device. Just select the app you want to bee zoom enabled and perform a softreset - here you go: the exe is enabled for pinch to zoom! Currently only user installed (and some few built in) applications can be "zooom-enabled".

Screenshots and the download (CAB) can be found here (website is german but the app itself is english): http://www.mobilitynews.net/?p=8295 Please do not add ANY MIRRORS! This app may only be distributed via mobilitynews.net! THANKS!

If you find this software useful feel free to click the "donate" button within the software - thanks in advance! The author is not responsible for any damages on your device! The worst thing that could happen is that you have to do a hardreset :)

Goal: the developer of this tool needs an own HD2 for further development - we guess that more "zoooming" is possible on the HD2
Downloads: +18000
Donations so far (will add names here):
Christer L. (€ 20,--)

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL DONATORS WHO KEEP THIS PROJECT ALIVE!

Here you can find a small how-to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHuhCI_0QSs

Last edited:

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
First thing I tried it one was internet explorer, and it didn't work.

I scanned the windows folder and checked iexplore.exe, did a soft reset, then tried it. No luck. I've checked in the app, and iexplore.exe is still checked, but it hasn't worked.

Anyone have any clue about this? (I've not tried it with anything else yet!)

First thing I tried it one was internet explorer, and it didn't work.

I scanned the windows folder and checked iexplore.exe, did a soft reset, then tried it. No luck. I've checked in the app, and iexplore.exe is still checked, but it hasn't worked.

Anyone have any clue about this? (I've not tried it with anything else yet!)

This software is only working with installed .exe and not with system programs. IE6 itself has a built in zoom funktion, when you click on the magnifying glass :)

mallman

Aug 17, 2008
same with facebook.exe Didnt work but much of what i have checked does work. In my opinion, even if half the exe's worked its an awesome program. Nice work!! Now we have more "multitouch" than apple hahahaha

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
This software is only working with installed .exe and not with system programs. IE6 itself has a built in zoom funktion, when you click on the magnifying glass :)

Okay, thanks.

I obviously knew about the native zoom in IE, but wanted pinch & zoom functionality. Guess it's not this program that I want after all.

Thanks anyway.

same with facebook.exe Didnt work but much of what i have checked does work. In my opinion, even if half the exe's worked its an awesome program. Nice work!! Now we have more "multitouch" than apple hahahaha

As Facebook comes preinstalled it doens't work :)

Tried it with many apps (where I found it somewhat useful) like iGO8 or Resco Explorer and it works like a charm :)

madindehead

Apr 14, 2009
This looks like an awesome program. Maybe the creator will look into pre-installed apps working with it also?

I will give this a try when my HD2 arrives. Looks set to be a permanent addition to my apps.

miland

Aug 7, 2007
Brno
I have touch HD with Leo latest ROM.

Is there a chance to prepare this great software for HD which doesn't have capacitive display?

Basically instead of zooming using 2 fingers have an option to zoom by zoombar or double tapping on the screen.

thanks for your thoughts...

I have touch HD with Leo latest ROM.

Is there a chance to prepare this great software for HD which doesn't have capacitive display?

Basically instead of zooming using 2 fingers have an option to zoom by zoombar or double tapping on the screen.

thanks for your thoughts...

unfortunatly not. this app enables pinch to zoom (which is in the HD2) for installed apps. the HD doesn't have pinch to zoom :(

Robrecht

Apr 5, 2005
Antwerpen
www.dropbox.com
I tried it on TomTom 7 and it worked, but not quite.

It only enabled the pseudo-zoom, where you zoom in on the screen and a thumbnail appears in the bottom right corner to pan around.

TomTom has its own zoom functionality; it would be better if that could be controlled by 'pinching'.

I tried it on TomTom 7 and it worked, but not quite.

It only enabled the pseudo-zoom, where you zoom in on the screen and a thumbnail appears in the bottom right corner to pan around.

TomTom has its own zoom functionality; it would be better if that could be controlled by 'pinching'.

This is what "Zooomer" should do - in this very first version. There are some investigations to get apps work like you want TT to do but first the developer needs his own HD2 - development can be somewhat tricky when you don't own the device :) Stay tuned and donate a coffee for the guy :D