Need help TWRP loop LG G2

Search This thread

curtnis

Mar 13, 2011
So my phone had an update and not knowing i shouldn't do it I did and now i'm stuck in a recovery loop i already tried this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451696 with no luck it came back with can't open /block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

and them folders are all empty, is their any other way I can sort this ASAP, thanks in advance.

quinejh

Ok, I need some help and I'm not sure if I'm in the right place but let's see. I have a vs980 with version b firmware. Been running cm11 with no problems at all, was using clockwork Recovery. today I installed tarp and then I installed rayglobe and I was very impressed used it all day then I decided I wanted org capability so used the tarp app from the plastore to check and flash a new recovery if one was available it said their was so I downloaded it upon flashing it aborted . I thought no prob I'll LG tool back to stock but after it starts the process it aborts because my phone is reading it's a 802 phone not vs980 so rayglobe still runs perfect phone still rooted but can't revert to stock and not sure what I can install, any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

procoder

Oct 21, 2008
So my phone had an update and not knowing i shouldn't do it I did and now i'm stuck in a recovery loop i already tried this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451696 with no luck it came back with can't open /block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

and them folders are all empty, is their any other way I can sort this ASAP, thanks in advance.

Please follow the youtube video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqw_LFuyHbE

your problem will be resolve and you will be back to stock.

truckroot

Jan 16, 2011
Westlake
Ok, I need some help and I'm not sure if I'm in the right place but let's see. I have a vs980 with version b firmware. Been running cm11 with no problems at all, was using clockwork Recovery. today I installed tarp and then I installed rayglobe and I was very impressed used it all day then I decided I wanted org capability so used the tarp app from the plastore to check and flash a new recovery if one was available it said their was so I downloaded it upon flashing it aborted . I thought no prob I'll LG tool back to stock but after it starts the process it aborts because my phone is reading it's a 802 phone not vs980 so rayglobe still runs perfect phone still rooted but can't revert to stock and not sure what I can install, any help would be greatly appreciated

You could try editing the build.prop file. That's where ur device is reading that its a d802 variant. Or just use adb to push the right twrp. The one from the app failed because its not loki'd most likely. You can also download a loki'd recovery img file and flash using flashify. Once u got the correct recovery just flash a stock ROM.

Or if ur existing recovery wasn't overwritten, just flash a stock ROM.

Sent from Verizon logo plastered G2 bastard

Last edited:

quinejh

I tried the flashift method but it just hangs its just as confused as I am! But my recovery was corrupted cause when I try to boot into it a couple letters flash across the upper left of my screen I hold down the power key and it reboots into rayglobe. Ok am not familiar. With adb I have tried to set it up but keep failing for some reason. I tried to push the b Loki sat morning and just never figured it put thought I was typing the correct commands but apparently not

Last edited:

truckroot

Jan 16, 2011
Westlake
If ur rooted, flashify should work. Just make sure u select recovery img from app, and make sure u have the correct recovery img downloaded.

Last edited:

quinejh

Ok quick update then I'm off to bed for a cold hours had a long hospice visit last night. I got home this morning at six and used flashing to flash the above image then I rebooted still got small letters in upper left of screen so I went into download mode and tried to use the LG flash tool but it still says error wrong model it thinks my phone is an 802 model

truckroot

Jan 16, 2011
Westlake
Ok quick update then I'm off to bed for a cold hours had a long hospice visit last night. I got home this morning at six and used flashing to flash the above image then I rebooted still got small letters in upper left of screen so I went into download mode and tried to use the LG flash tool but it still says error wrong model it thinks my phone is an 802 model

For LG flash tool to work properly ur gonna have to edit the build.prop so it sees VS980 4G instead of d802. Not really sure how to fix a corrupted recovery on 12b firmware without adb access. Hang in there, someone here will b able to get ya fixed.

quinejh

If someone can tell me in laymans terms how exactly to set up adb. And push a proper recovery (if it would help) I could try it. But the threads that I have tried to follow get me lost or lead me to bad links.

kewkie

Dec 27, 2012
Having this issue aswell after flashing a rom with twrp.. the only is rayglobe which is workig fine. all other roms i stuck at bootlogo after flashing

quinejh

Lol I just noticed my post above says sent from my d802. I guess my phone is confused

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Very strange the exact same issue. That leads me to wonder. If it has something to do with rayglobe and its aroma installer and the fact it was ported from the d802

kewkie

Dec 27, 2012
Gonna try it with philz, maybe it will work.. its annoying to flash the stock but whatever, have time today lol

Okay guys, no problem with philz :)

Booted in like 3 mins after flashing, so.. use philz!

Last edited:

quinejh

The problem is if my phone thinks it's a 802 it won't let me install twrp for the vs980 beca use it thinks it's a different. Phone. Unless u pushed it to the phone with adb and I have not figured out how to do it successfully.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Ok I tried to install tarp with freegee but it downloads recovery for the 802 so I just close it,

quinejh

I have another thought and I'm hoping I can get an answer if my phone thinks it's an international 802 is it possible to use the twrp app from the play store to install twrp for the 802 this may give me the ability to get a recovery and also flash a stock 802 rom