[Q] Does there exist a hardware testing app for Android?

Search This thread

fattmann

Mar 5, 2010
I've been curious to see if there is a physical hardware testing app for Android. I have not been able to come across any.

I'm referring to a PC Check, or Memtest style program that actually tests the hardware- not a "does my speaker work type" app. I deal with many devices that have inexplicable operating issues that are not resolved by flashing new ROMs, kernels, etc. It would be nice to know if the RAM modules, or CPU are failing. If nothing else to satisfy my curiosity, as well as to avoid any resale headaches.

Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

fattmann

Mar 5, 2010
Well that's disappointing. Would stress testing/benchmarking be the closest equivalent? How do service and repair centers determine the operability of devices?

yangfancd

Apr 2, 2012
I've been curious to see if there is a physical hardware testing app for Android. I have not been able to come across any.

I'm referring to a PC Check, or Memtest style program that actually tests the hardware- not a "does my speaker work type" app. I deal with many devices that have inexplicable operating issues that are not resolved by flashing new ROMs, kernels, etc. It would be nice to know if the RAM modules, or CPU are failing. If nothing else to satisfy my curiosity, as well as to avoid any resale headaches.

Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

in theory,it could be