[ROM][KK][4.4.4][KTU84P] CyanogenMod 11 20140714-UNOFFICIAL

Search This thread

aaopt

Feb 27, 2011
Pawtucket, RI
@jfbs, sorry to see you go.

For those who have force close or stuck on boot animation with this ROM, this kernel may help: http://d-h.st/kha

I compiled it from current Team ADC sources. I can't say whether it works with netflix etc, or whether it will kill your battery for some reason, but at least it does seem to stop the force closes and boot hangs. And I still can't say why, or why the @cars1189 kernel that helped with earlier builds stopped being able to mount /sdcard0. But this one seems to work.

As with anything you find on XDA, install at your own risk, but it seems to work for me.

Jorge_007

Apr 2, 2013
Riverside, CA

For those who have force close or stuck on boot animation with this ROM, this kernel may help: http://d-h.st/kha

I compiled it from current Team ADC sources. I can't say whether it works with netflix etc, or whether it will kill your battery for some reason, but at least it does seem to stop the force closes and boot hangs. And I still can't say why, or why the @cars1189 kernel that helped with earlier builds stopped being able to mount /sdcard0. But this one seems to work.

As with anything you find on XDA, install at your own risk, but it seems to work for me.

Thanks. I flashed the kernel and the ROM boots successfully the first time without a problem.

an0maly13

Jan 23, 2013

Works for me as well!

mpces

Feb 12, 2013
boise
Thanks. I flashed the kernel and the ROM boots successfully the first time without a problem.

What is the process for using this kernel? I haven't been able to install any of the later editions of this rom...usually gets stuck at boot animation, and what gapps are you using? I'll be coming from cars 4.2.1 rom Thanks

Last edited:

aaopt

Feb 27, 2011
Pawtucket, RI
What is the process for using this kernel? I haven't been able to install any of the later editions of this rom...usually gets stuck at boot animation, and what gapps are you using? I'll be coming from cars 4.2.1 rom Thanks

I used twrp. Wiped system cache and dalvik, not data. Installed the Rom, banks gapps core, and this kernel all at once. Then boot. Coming from 4.2 you may get force close from clock, in which case you can clear data for just that app. Wiping all data is more politically correct but I don't like doing that.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dolges

Terrycell6

Apr 14, 2012
kingston

Can i please know a lil bit about the kernel pls? What version is it? Is it overclockable? does it support Swap Sd just lil bits of info would be great thanks.

mpces

Feb 12, 2013
boise
Worked!!! Thanks so much for the kernel and jfbs for your great rom!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

aaopt

Feb 27, 2011
Pawtucket, RI
Can i please know a lil bit about the kernel pls? What version is it? Is it overclockable? does it support Swap Sd just lil bits of info would be great thanks.

Swap SD works, because that is not a kernel feature... it's a feature of the ROM (in vold and the settings app). Regarding OC I have no idea... I just built ADC Team's kernel source as-is. Kernel version in "about phone" shows as 3.4.77-cyanogenmod-g072719f, the last part of which seems to be a reference to the git commit here.

In any case, since you were not one of the people having trouble with the built-in kernel, this kernel may not be worth your while. My point in posting it was just as an option for the people whose phones don't like the stock kernel -- for reasons we don't really understand, other than that it has something to do with the /data partition. I think the problem relates to something about the partition itself, and not necessarily its contents, because I have similar behavior whether I wipe it or not.

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
For a rough estimate it takes ~10 minutes syncing with cm sources, ~30 minutes scouring other repos, ~3 hours compiling source without any errors, ~5 minutes pushing build from machine to device, ~5 minutes installing rom, ~15 minutes testing rom, ~5 minutes pushing code upstream for transparency, ~15 minutes uploading build to server, ~5 minutes updating thread, ~n minutes misc. This is per build. Multiply that by each build shared, not including the builds that weren't release worthy. Also, hours on irc with cars, trip, and others discussing how to make it work for everyone. Posts and several pm's from others telling me to use another kernel should very well know that I do not work for you. Thanks for helping me put this into perspective and the insight gained that I have not been using my time effectively, nor efficiently.

1/16 will be the last public build from me for some time since it's nearly complete as is. I'll just build for my device and make it a media player. For everyone else, thank you for the appreciation that others certainly lack.
This is sad for users of this device. I recently posted about things like this in the OKJ thread and why we lose devs for our devices because of the complaining & redundancy of questions. Just another example here. This is a damaging blow for the old Exhibit because unless @cars1189 keeps pitching in for this phone, you guys are screwed in terms of future development unless somebody else comes along (which is doubtful as this phone is not much in demand anymore). Awesome is done here already too. Glad I got another phone when I did.

Good luck to you @jfbs, and if it's any consolation the same stuff goes on in all the other forums too.

Terrycell6

Apr 14, 2012
kingston
Swap SD works, because that is not a kernel feature... it's a feature of the ROM (in vold and the settings app). Regarding OC I have no idea... I just built ADC Team's kernel source as-is. Kernel version in "about phone" shows as 3.4.77-cyanogenmod-g072719f, the last part of which seems to be a reference to the git commit here.

In any case, since you were not one of the people having trouble with the built-in kernel, this kernel may not be worth your while. My point in posting it was just as an option for the people whose phones don't like the stock kernel -- for reasons we don't really understand, other than that it has something to do with the /data partition. I think the problem relates to something about the partition itself, and not necessarily its contents, because I have similar behavior whether I wipe it or not.

Thanks for replying to my questions, well appreciated!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: jjmontem

TripFX

Jun 19, 2010
Standing in the middle of nowhere
Im going to keep up my Mass CM Thread. However i guess you could say im not going to be as nice as jfbs. All the complaints and repeat questions over a rom thats in early dev stages for official supported phones...that we made for a unofficial device....yea not gonna put up with it. Like i said in my cm thread im not gonna go through all the complints which is partly because of this.

On a related note im going to start releaseing all cm11 builds with a adc kernel too.

i was gonna start releasing with adc kernel as well since no one has an issue with it. but least it'll give me time to get full ion working now that all my troubles are out of the way hopefully. Also ignorance is bliss in this case.

skyrmion

Jan 12, 2012
Silicon Valley
Well, I don't know what happened, but I didn't mean to thank nitro Lopez at all, and right after this post, I will pm a mod about it. It is absolutely wrong that you sit there and laugh about getting rid of a dev. What have you done? He didn't post bad links, you said yourself the kernel fixed your issues. XDA should give blacklisting powers to devs so we and devs don't have to put with bs from trolls like nitro. Now I pm the mod.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

Terrycell6

Apr 14, 2012
kingston
Well, I don't know what happened, but I didn't mean to thank nitro Lopez at all, and right after this post, I will pm a mod about it. It is absolutely wrong that you sit there and laugh about getting rid of a dev. What have you done? He didn't post bad links, you said yourself the kernel fixed your issues. XDA should give blacklisting powers to devs so we and devs don't have to put with bs from trolls like nitro. Now I pm the mod.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

I Agree

tazmaniondvl

Sep 11, 2012
Phoenix
I have been around here since the beginning. Since rebel and peach and all those ROMs. I was around with jocala and the beginning of cam developing. And people like nitro just really boil my blood. Yes I have had disagreements with devs, but never have I laughed and joked about one choosing not to do it anymore. Its sick and should get you an instant ban from this awesome forum.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cstring

May 15, 2012
Awesome rom, where's usb debugging?

I just installed the rom and am loving it. Great job! One slight problem though, I can't find where to enable usb-debugging. Also I can't see any developer options to set the cpu frequency and zram settings. Am I missing something, or is this how it is packaged?

aaopt

Feb 27, 2011
Pawtucket, RI
I just installed the rom and am loving it. Great job! One slight problem though, I can't find where to enable usb-debugging. Also I can't see any developer options to set the cpu frequency and zram settings. Am I missing something, or is this how it is packaged?

Settings / About Phone / tap Build Number about 7 times... then the "developer options" button becomes visible in the top-level Settings menu. This is normal behavior for KitKat and at least some levels of JB.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built after-market firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Downloads
    • Read install directions before downloading or use ^C^V
    • Latest ROM md5sum: c821ebacaa5c969c55b0a511be8a3933
    • Current GApps 4.4.4 :: PA
    • CWM 6.0.5.0 md5sum: 4bfb28bcf29dc04243df246860f24940
    • Recovery for flashing in Odin CWM 6.0.5.0 md5sum: b5856bd395248af1c74dac8b92cd258e
    • For Odin: select the ops file, enable one package in options, then load the md5 file with the One Package button[1]
    Installation
    Install at your own risk

- First time flashing CM11 to your Galaxy Exhibit (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Boot into existing recovery and create a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install at least ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.5 or TWRP 2.6.3.0
    3. Reboot recovery into at least ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.5 or TWRP 2.6.3.0
    4. CWM: WIPE dalvik-cache, format: data, system, and cache. TWRP: WIPE dalvik-cache, data, system, and cache.
    5. ** Optionally back-up sdcard0 before install and format it in recovery if experiencing install issues **
    6. Install the ROM (without gapps)
    7. Reboot system
    8. After system boots, boot back into recovery and install KK Google Apps.
    9. Wipe dalvik-cache and cache. Reboot.
    - Upgrading from CM11
    1. Boot into existing recovery and create a Nandroid Backup!
    2. CWM: WIPE dalvik-cache and format cache. TWRP: WIPE dalvik-cache and cache.
    3. Install the ROM
    4. Reboot
    Known Issues

• ART takes ~15 minutes to install and some apps may not be compatible.
    • Display remains on while device is powered off and charging
    Kernel Source

Credits
    arco68, jocala, Christopher83,
    pawitp, davidteri, mikeNG,
    AriesVE DevConnection Team
    Changelog

• Sync with CM sources
    • Add center clock option
    • Add Xposed fix
    • Remove KSM
    • Disable LPA
    • 416 MB userspace memory
    • md5sum: c821ebacaa5c969c55b0a511be8a3933
    • Sync with CM sources
    • Kernel 3.4.98 compiled with Christopher83's 2014.06 4.9.1 toolchain
    • 406 MB userspace memory
    • Remove zram
    • md5sum: 7b0c0d8abf63adfa267b1f8f2c72b269
    • Sync with CM sources
    • Kernel compiled with Christopher83's 2014.04 toolchain
    • md5sum: bc9b6c5403d94a7e63f69aba7f1ec194
    • Sync with CM sources
    • Kernel v3.4.87
    • Enable LPA (credit arco)
    • md5sum: 23b1e4fb4b6f863eae2a5ac447f6dafb
    • Sync with CM sources
    • Kernel v3.4.85 (credit Christopher83)
    • Use older Adreno blobs
    • Netflix confirmed working
    • Add Performance Control (credit h0rn3t)
    • md5sum: d6dbb5bbeb4758657e9c74ad50c16ac8
    • Initial release
    • md5sum: 4fa0b6dd64730f4139d54375555dd91
    Basebands & Misc.

Basebands
    Flash in CWM recovery. Wipe cache and Dalvik-cache before installing.

T679UVLG3 2012 July
    md5sum 61efc2e31fd0885dc0f948f84f94574f

T679UVLK2 2012 November
    md5sum 0c0175d46e3fc4c9f11ee3352af85442

Odin 4.43 and USB driver
    Placeholder for Odin 4.43, ancora.ops, and Samsung USB v1.3.2410 driver here in rar format.

Newer drivers will not connect with device in download mode.

Works with XP and will not work with win 8.
    4.4.1 in OP.