[Q] Play Store Multi-select install Apps not working

Search This thread

BlacKCaT27

Aug 16, 2013
I've got a T-Mobile HTC One that was recently replaced by tmo with the following setup:

Rom: Android Revolution 41.3
S-Off
TWRP
Supercid

I'm trying to get my phone re-setup after my RMA, but don't performing the restore using Helium didn't work properly (missing apps weren't repopulated, despite me making sure I selected to back up full Apps, not just app data). Not a huge deal, I can still recover the data once I get the apps I want reinstalled.

The play store app came packaged in the rom and works fine, with one exception: When I'm in the play store looking at my "My apps" list, I'm unable to use the multi-app-install feature. I can click-hold to start the multi-select, and select multiple apps, but when I click the checkmark to begin installation, nothing happens. I can, however, use the multi-select DELETE functionality to remove the apps from my app list (thankfully).

So my question is has any one else seen this problem? If so, have you seen it with the stock rom? any other roms? Did you find a resolution? I have a lot of apps I'd like to install from the list, and I'd rather not go through them all individually.

BlacKCaT27

Aug 16, 2013
i don't think this feature is available on PlayStore :eek:

Hmm..my mistake then. I could've sworn I remember doing this at some point on another phone, but I could be mistakenly thinking of the delete functionality.

In that case, I wish they'd change the multi-select view to get rid of the checkmark in the left corner. The expected result from that checkbox feels like it should be "install what I've selected" since the right-corner's "X" is delete. I understand that each app has it's own permissions, but you could easily concatenate them all into a scrollable pop-up before hitting accept or something like that. Hopefully something is in the works, because when you have 80+ apps to manage, it can get to be tedious dealing with multiple devices (especially for those of us who regularly flash new roms).

kamilmirza

Dec 4, 2011
OnePlus 6
you should try Titanium Backup from making backups

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

which supports batch(multiple) restore/backup option

BlacKCaT27

Aug 16, 2013
you should try Titanium Backup from making backups

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

which supports batch(multiple) restore/backup option

I've tried titanium a few times on other devices; not a fan. The UI isn't super intuitive and it's just a too-powerful program for the basic use-case of "backup apps, app data, and media from one device and copy it to another".

That's why I love Helium. The backup process is fantastic, especially when you're just switching roms and can just write the backup data to internal storage. I tried using their "backup to PC" mode for switching to the new phone. The restore process said it worked fine, but when I got to the new device, nothing was restored.

...Actually, now that I think about it, I wasn't rooted at that point. It was likely trying to write unsuccessfully to the data partition. I might still be in luck.

That said, I do wish google would get their **** together with device content management :/

Incognitum

Mar 23, 2011
AK
Then what's the checkmark for?

I'm having the same experience, and I have to say the behavior is really confusing. I multi-selected the wrong app, and when to 'X' out of the selection, but that wanted to delete the app from the list. Then I multi-select the correct apps, over 100, so non-trivial, and the check mark cancels the selection.Either the feature is broken, or the UI is, that was quite confusing.