[Q/HELP] Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select blah blah..

Search This thread

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Yes, but it gives me the same error. :<

Sounds like you need to re-flash CWM or TWRP. I suggest flashing Philz Touch Recovery via Odin.

When flashing, remove the checkmark for auto reboot. Once it flashes and you see the word Reset, disconnect the USB cable, pull the battery, replace the battery, and then try to enter recovery.

Reactions: Wesley.

Wesley.

Feb 14, 2013
Sounds like you need to re-flash CWM or TWRP. I suggest flashing Philz Touch Recovery via Odin.

When flashing, remove the checkmark for auto reboot. Once it flashes and you see the word Reset, disconnect the USB cable, pull the battery, replace the battery, and then try to enter recovery.

Mind tossing over a link?

Wesley.

Feb 14, 2013
For recovery, are you holding the home button, volume up, and then pressing and holding power? You need to hold all 3 until you see some blue text appear on the screen, then let go of the power button.

Alright, that worked. My phone is working, booted into the OS just after replacing the recovery, wth? I also disabled Knox, after updating SuperSU. Hmm o:

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
I tried to root my phone with Odin, and it's rooted after replacing the recovery with Philz Touch Recovery, and working fine. I'm on 4.3, woah.

Awesome. What recovery did you have before? I tried TWRP but ran into problems flashing ROMS so I switched to Philz. I trust Philz and used it on my Moto Atrix HD, S3, and LG P930.

Looks like you're golden now. Before going further make a nandroid backup and do this in case you lose your imei: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1804117

Reactions: Wesley.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got it from Walmart because AT&T was going to take two hours, lol. And, how would I go about doing that? I'm not a good liar, and I don't know how I pooched it lol

Well, if you take it to an AT&T or Walmart store, they may not care that you tripped the counter. If they send it in to Samsung for repair, they may not care either. However, there's always the chance that AT&T/Walmart/Samsung would allow repairing the phone at no charge.
    Is there any way I could try flashing a rom?

You would need to install a custom recovery in order to flash a custom ROM. A custom recovery can be installed via Odin if you find the right file.

Do not flash any stock Samsung 4.3 ROM or a custom rom unless Knox has been removed.
    I have CWM Recovery, what can I do now? I am rooted, however Knox isn't disabled. Any way I can disable it? I'm unable to boot my phone up, when I try it says 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select blah blah..', and I'm in the Download mode now. :(

Are you running the latest version of CWM? If you can't boot into your OS, how do you know you are rooted?

Flashing another ROM will remove knox.

Copy a custom rom to a microSD card (do not unzip the ROM which is a single zip file), boot into recovery mode, wipe cache, wipe data, wipe Dalvik, and install the ROM from SDcard1.

I have the latest experimental Cyanfox on my i747m from here: http://cyanfox-rom.com/downloads/?folder=d2att/
    Yes, but it gives me the same error. :<

Download the tar version from here and flash it in Odin 3.07 or 3.09 in download mode: http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/d2att