FORUMS

|July 4|RAPH| .¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-|Energy| 21916|29022 - Sense 2019 / 2.1 / Titanium

10,517 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,074

By NRGZ28, Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD - (old) King of WinMo on 19th May 2009, 09:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th November 2009, 09:12 PM |#12881  
Flag DC Area
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick300ZX

I tried and is taking me to the task manager screen

I'll usually just go to Start -> Tools -> Tweaks -> Registry Editor

Then click the first icon on the bottom left, looks like a folder with a lightning bold on it.
Select Import..., then browse to the .reg file and it'll add the keys needed.
16th November 2009, 09:14 PM |#12882  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Midwest, USA
Thanks Meter: 1,299

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphnkiller

Great find, thanks. But i couldn't add any shortcuts to the last 3 quicklinks until I added the attached registry changes. Basically, the registry was ony set up to handle 9 shortcuts. This might be something I messed with before in my earlier efforts to accomplish something similar. Maybe this can help anyone with a similar problem.

I imported this into my registry but I get no change...was this .reg file supposed to fix the issue? I was hoping this would fix it...

Edit: I tried again and...presto...it works now...THANKS! Not sure what made it work... when I tried adding 9th shortcut I got nothing then I tried adding the 10th shortcut it added the 10th and also the 9th one I tried to add earlier...GOOD FIND!
16th November 2009, 09:16 PM |#12883  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefman

The registry keys for the tf3d softkeys on the home screen can be found in:

HKLM>Software>HTC>Manila -- in the keys: HomeLSKPath (program path), HomeLSKText (key text), HomeRSKPath, & Home RSKText.

Keep in mind that manila manages it's own soft keys. Advanced Config can change the manila softkeys, but I think only in 2.1 and lower. The softkey manager or other tweaks intended to change the WM softkeys are meant to change the OS softkeys, not manila, so that's why they don't change the manila home screen keys.

Correct me if I am wrong, but... I have Titanium, NO manila at all on my phone. The soft key manager included in the ROM does nothing to change the softkeys. I believe it is for TF3D, NOT titanium. I don't know about advance config, I'll try it now and see if it changes mine. Softkey manager did not work.

EDIT: Could someone tell me what the program name for contacts is? is it contacts.exe or .lnk or something else. Maybe that is why soft key manager doesn't work for me. Maybe I have the wrong path. Thx
16th November 2009, 09:21 PM |#12884  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Like many of you, I have been enjoying the great functionality and visuals of the newly ported manila 2.5 for VGA. But one source of frustration has been my inability to remap my Home screen soft keys. I tried the Soft Key Manager, TP Tweak, and AE Buttons. But they seemed permanently stuck on Action and Menu (both pretty worthless in my view).

Well, my fine Italian friend and Master of the Fuziverse, bbonzz (with credit to sztupy, http://winmo.sztupy.hu, since Lua compiler/decompiler is his creation), created a simple batch file that you can run on your PC that generates a new manila file that, when installed in \Windows, will allow you to remap your left soft key (the right Menu soft key is coded differently and doesn’t seem modifiable). bbonzz gives you a number of remapping options and the ability to create your own button.

Note: This tweak only works for certain on build 23504 (it doesn't work on 23088). If, after installation, all of the soft keys disappear, just delete the file using Total Commander (you may need to go to Properties and uncheck Read Only) and the file will revert back to its original and the soft keys will reappear.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ChangeSoftKey.zip - [Click for QR Code] (678.5 KB, 420 views)
16th November 2009, 09:22 PM |#12885  
Flag Desert Hot Springs, CA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlm818

Correct me if I am wrong, but... I have Titanium, NO manila at all on my phone. The soft key manager included in the ROM does nothing to change the softkeys. I believe it is for TF3D, NOT titanium. I don't know about advance config, I'll try it now and see if it changes mine. Softkey manager did not work.

EDIT: Could someone tell me what the program name for contacts is? is it contacts.exe or .lnk or something else. Maybe that is why soft key manager doesn't work for me. Maybe I have the wrong path. Thx

you are correct, the included softkey app does not change the software keys when using the Microsoft or Energy today screens. To softkeys are tied into the CPR friles used for titanium. You will have to edit the softkeys via a program like CHome Editor or edit the registry manually.
I bellieve this is mentioned in the beginning posts of this thread. I didn't read it either and had to figure out how to fix it myself. Within CHome Editor you can modify both buttons for the chome plugin.
16th November 2009, 09:25 PM |#12886  
Flag HBG, PA
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarKin

great job, thx. would be greatly appreciated if you´d include the latest myphone in the last build (always have to reinstall/upgrade/reboot). yeah i know, i´m a lazy ****er

If you were truly lazy, you would just download the last build, save the cab and make restoring it part of your UC. It's a lot easier to keep your apps up to date yourself, rather than expecting chefs to do it, because they aren't going to use the same apps as you, so while they might include an app in their build, it may or may not be the version you are looking for. Especially recommend this if you flash a lot.
16th November 2009, 09:44 PM |#12887  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Flashed 23088 (6.5.1, 2.5) and had many of the problems listed in post#957. Reverted to Stock, flashed 21864 (6.5, 2.5) and it was still buggy. Reflashed 23088 and now its fast, stable and very servicable. Yes, I hard reset everytime.

In essence, it took a few flashes to get a good one, but I'm glad I did it!

Much props to the chef on another wonderful rom!
16th November 2009, 10:16 PM |#12888  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 430

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B214B1

I applied this and it works great. However, I did lose the "action" soft key from the home screen. Not a biggie.

Good find.

Another post got to me think about how to fix this.

Just delete 07c67730_manila from your windows folder. The one in the ROM will be restored.

Restart HTCSense and you get the left soft action button back.
16th November 2009, 10:17 PM |#12889  
Denton, TX

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyofdhs

you are correct, the included softkey app does not change the software keys when using the Microsoft or Energy today screens. To softkeys are tied into the CPR friles used for titanium. You will have to edit the softkeys via a program like CHome Editor or edit the registry manually.
I bellieve this is mentioned in the beginning posts of this thread. I didn't read it either and had to figure out how to fix it myself. Within CHome Editor you can modify both buttons for the chome plugin.

Softkey manager changes the standard Today screen (non-Titanium...use CHome Config for that) soft keys by default and changes the TF3D soft keys when choosing the "HTC Diamond Mode" checkbox. I have both options changed to have my LSK as Calendar via Softkey Manager...
16th November 2009, 10:23 PM |#12890  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlm818

Yeah. I should have also mentioned that Titanium also manages its own softkeys. If you think about it, each widget shows its own softkeys, so a softkey manager that changes the old Today softkeys would not work for that. I'm not that familiar with Titanium, but as the previous poster mentions, that is controlled by a CPR file.

For contacts, you should be able to just point to the contacts.lnk that is in the Start Menu>Programs folder...
16th November 2009, 10:23 PM |#12891  
Flag Marbella
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubble

My bad, it's also not working on the previous version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Cruise

Does anyone here know which ROM was the last NRG's ROM that had the vibrate-on-connect working?
The fixes are even not working or the vibration is not like the original short one...

I have this problem in all last versions of the amazing EnergyRom and solved it with the attached cab.

Regarding intensity of the vibration there is a registry key to play with:

"HKLM\Software\HTC\Phone\PhoneExtendedSettings\Con nectingVibrationLevel"

I have change this to 6 and get a short vibration.

Maybe you should also tick the existing option for that in Phone Canvas, Options.

The cab attached (thanks to Krzysiec) is the only one that works for me. Other versions of the fix can be found in the forum, but in my case don't do anything.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Vibrate on Connect Fix (By Krzysiec).cab - [Click for QR Code] (237.4 KB, 46 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
.sencity, best rom, dinik, energy, gtx, high quality rom-ness, htc touch pro, maxsense, rom 6.5 raphael energy, sense 2.5, speed(the good kind)

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)