FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Nabi 2 Stripped Stock ROM

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 32
 
By cyhax, Junior Member on 16th December 2012, 02:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th December 2013, 02:23 PM |#51  
Goliath27's Avatar
Senior Member
Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownel02

Since we have no official forum I will post this here:

Got an email last night that the Nabi 2 is OFFICIALLY getting Google Play, not for the Disney or Nick edition though.

Attachment 2465013

Did it say it was a software update or do we just need to download it? I'll try and check when I get home tonight.
20th December 2013, 02:33 PM |#52  
brownel02's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Entire email attached. It looks like there is a V2.3 update. I am stuck on 1.9.37 and have not had time to update, mostly due to kids always being on their tablets. They were rooted last year but somewhere along the way I lost root but still have play store from back then. I am looking into one of the stripped stock custom ROMS the good folks have been putting out just to make some extra space.

Gmail - Google Play on nabi 2 - Available Now!.pdf
20th December 2013, 02:34 PM |#53  
Goliath27's Avatar
Senior Member
Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownel02

Entire email attached. It looks like there is a V2.3 update. I am stuck on 1.9.37 and have not had time to update, mostly due to kids always being on their tablets. They were rooted last year but somewhere along the way I lost root but still have play store from back then. I am looking into one of the stripped stock custom ROMS the good folks have been putting out just to make some extra space.

Attachment 2465180

Awesome, saves me from having to figure out rooting this thing when I didn't really need to. Thanks!!!
29th December 2013, 06:53 PM |#54  
Desertio's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhax

I made this using the kitchen.
WARNING:
I do not have any guarantees expressed or implied, do at your own risk.
Make a backup!

This is flashable in TWRP.
SHOULD fix Wifi issues.
Comes with Gapps and latest SuperSU and SU binary (as of 12/15/12).
Kids zone, kids apps and OTA update stuff removed.
De-Odexed (wont have the updating apps thing at every boot)

Prerequisites:
1.Have TWRP Recover installed
To install:
1. Download and copy mt799_unsigned_121512_160603.zip to your tablet
2. Shutdown and boot into TWRP Recovery
3. Go to wipe, factory reset and wipe system
4. After that is complete go to main menu
5. Go to install
6. Navigate to location of the .zip
7. Swipe to Install
8. When complete reboot to system

Optional:
HERE is a flashable zip that re-installs the kids stuff, it does not restore /data apps, but those are easily downloadable in the Apps Zone.
Just install it like you did the custom ROM without the factory reset.

I hope this works for every1, I will be trying to make a more custom ROM.

---UPDATE---

New Rom available.
Completely stock.
Not even De-Odexed.
Update 37.
SHOULD fix WiFi issues.
Flash using directions at top of post substituting this zip for the one used in the directions.
PureStockU37.zip

---UPDATE2---

Another one.
Stock Rom.
De-Odexed.
Update 37.
SHOULD fix WiFi issues.
Flash using directions at top of post substituting this zip for the one used in the directions.
StockU37DeOdexed.zip

Everyone of these links to the ROM downloads are empty. It says that there is nothing in the dropbox folder. I would love to get ahold of one of these ROMs if at all possible. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Desertio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Desertio Ad-Free
9th January 2014, 12:42 AM |#55  
Senior Member
Flag Maidstone
Thanks Meter: 31
 
Donate to Me
More
Post someone?
Someone must have this stripped rom? All the dropbox links are dead. I want stock android all the nabi stuff takes too much space up on a 4gb device.
9th January 2014, 02:14 AM |#56  
DarkAngel's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 359
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic8000

Someone must have this stripped rom? All the dropbox links are dead. I want stock android all the nabi stuff takes too much space up on a 4gb device.

Just strip it yourself. You still have to have Parent Mode checked on default or you will have the black screen. You just need to go in and delete all the Nabi Monarch UI files and always start in Parent Mode. That's what I did.

If you really want the previous 4.0 ICS build with all the Monarch UI removed that was uploaded before I can host it up and send you a link but once you update to 4.1 JB it will add everything back in and you will have to go in and delete everything again.
18th January 2014, 05:47 PM |#57  
Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Broken links
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhax

I made this using the kitchen.
WARNING:
I do not have any guarantees expressed or implied, do at your own risk.
Make a backup!

This is flashable in TWRP.
SHOULD fix Wifi issues.
Comes with Gapps and latest SuperSU and SU binary (as of 12/15/12).
Kids zone, kids apps and OTA update stuff removed.
De-Odexed (wont have the updating apps thing at every boot)

Prerequisites:
1.Have TWRP Recover installed
To install:
1. Download and copy mt799_unsigned_121512_160603.zip to your tablet
2. Shutdown and boot into TWRP Recovery
3. Go to wipe, factory reset and wipe system
4. After that is complete go to main menu
5. Go to install
6. Navigate to location of the .zip
7. Swipe to Install
8. When complete reboot to system

Optional:
HERE is a flashable zip that re-installs the kids stuff, it does not restore /data apps, but those are easily downloadable in the Apps Zone.
Just install it like you did the custom ROM without the factory reset.

I hope this works for every1, I will be trying to make a more custom ROM.

---UPDATE---

New Rom available.
Completely stock.
Not even De-Odexed.
Update 37.
SHOULD fix WiFi issues.
Flash using directions at top of post substituting this zip for the one used in the directions.
PureStockU37.zip

---UPDATE2---

Another one.
Stock Rom.
De-Odexed.
Update 37.
SHOULD fix WiFi issues.
Flash using directions at top of post substituting this zip for the one used in the directions.
StockU37DeOdexed.zip

Are these files still available. I was going to try to flash this on a ZPad.
Any information or link would be appreciated.
Thanks
19th January 2014, 02:26 AM |#58  
DarkAngel's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 359
 
More
Try sending the OP a PM. See if you get a response
20th January 2014, 08:02 PM |#59  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Help!
Having an issue with my nabi2. I was attempting to wipe twrp off it but think everything got wipe off, no os at all. It boots to the nabi boot loader and thats it.
I have downloaded stock roms and have the nabilabgui but the nabi is not being detected.
Is there a procedure to follow?
Thanks
21st January 2014, 01:53 AM |#60  
n3wt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 136
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by philliprobert

Help!
Having an issue with my nabi2. I was attempting to wipe twrp off it but think everything got wipe off, no os at all. It boots to the nabi boot loader and thats it.
I have downloaded stock roms and have the nabilabgui but the nabi is not being detected.
Is there a procedure to follow?
Thanks

how did you try wipe twrp? and did nabilab work before you did this?
21st January 2014, 07:36 AM |#61  
troybklyn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Do you still have the complete stock zip? I will greatly appreciate it if you'd post a working link. My Nabi 2 has been down for a few weeks with only twrp working and it's driving me nuts. Can you please help me out? Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nabi, nabi 2, nabi-2, nabi2, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes