[HOW TO][GUIDE] Flashing 4.3 Roms

Search This thread

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
This Thread is a W.i.p...
Please PM me for any changes that needs to be made here. Or anything you can think of or any info that needs to be added ...
This tutorial for only those user, who recently updated their device with the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean I317UCUBMK6 firmware. Cf-Auto-root is one of the easiest and fastest way to root Samsung devices, it does nothing but install and enable SuperSU on your system, so apps can gain root access. Rooting has lots of benefits, after rooting your device you can install lots free rooted app on your device, install Custom ROMS etc.

---WARNING!!!!---

Your warranty is void if you follow the given instructions in this guide!!!!!

SOME SMALL REQUIREMENTS REQUIRED!!!!
Please Read about what your doing to your device if your new at this!!!!!
Make sure you understand how Android works.
Knowledge of basic flashing rules is something good to know!!
Using Custom Rom's, Recoveries, Odin, Etc..
Reading/Searching is your friend when doing anything to your device...
Before following the below Mention guide, It’s always recommended to follow the requirements to stay safe.

1. BACKUP YOUR ANDROID DATA
Make a Full Backup of your Android Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks. This one is one of the most important step that you have to follow, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps. For help on Backup and Restore check out the below mention guides.
[Guide] Backing up your data basics. Go >>[HERE]<<
Titanium Backup
Titanium Backup is the most powerful backup tool on Android, and then some.
Rom Toolbox
ROM Toolbox is THE MUST HAVE APP for every root user. Get ROM Toolbox Pro to unlock all the features!

2. INSTALL GALAXY NOTE 2 DRIVERS
You need these drivers to connect your device with the computer to follow this guide. Without these USB drivers you can’t connect your device to the PC, first download and install these drivers on your system.
[DOWNLOAD ANDROID USB DRIVERS]

3. ENABLE USB DEBUGGING MODE

Now you need to enable USB debugging mode. Without enabling USB debugging mode on your device you can’t start the root, Custom ROM or Unlock process.

HOW TO ENABLE USB DEBUGGING MODE ON ANDROID DEVICES
Enable-USB-Debugging
Go to setting, General tab, Developers Options.
(If no developers options visible. Then go to About Device, then scroll down to Build number and click it 7-times to have the developer options come up)
4. CHARGE YOU ANDROID
If your device switched off during this process, it could damage or brick the device. Make sure that your Android battery is full charge or near about 50-70% battery level.

How To Update Galaxy i317 via Kies
Make sure you have stable internet connection on your computer.
Now download and install>>[Samsung Kies]<<on your computer.
Turn on your device (if it off) and then connect it to computer with USB cable.
Run Samsung Kies and wait for it to detect your device.
You should see a New Firmware Upgrade is available at Samsung Kies home screen.
Press the Firmware Upgrade button to proceed.
Follow on screen instruction and soon you will see your device running upgrade and reboot automatically. Once done, you can disconnect your device from computer.
Again! If you see “This is the latest firmware” in Samsung Kies, then your device yet to receive the latest update on Kies. Its good time to go for manual update instruction that located below.

Part:1
ROOT GALAXY NOTE 2 AT&T SGH-I317 RUNNING ON ANDROID 4.3

Step 1. Download the Cf-Auto-Root Package for Galaxy Note 2 >>[HERE]<< and extract the folder on your desktop and you will get the CF-Auto-Root-t0lteatt-t0lteatt-samsungsghi317.tar.md5 file.

Step 2. Download the ODIN flash tool >>[HERE]<< and extract the folder on your desktop. You need this tool to flash the root package on your device.

Step 3. Now turn off you device and wait for few seconds. Then boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.

Step 4. Now your Note is in download mode, Connect your device to the PC with USB cable.

Step 5. Launch Odin on the computer and the ID: COM box of your ODIN Screen will turn to light blue with the COM port number. This means your device is connected successfully with the app.

Step 6. In Odin, click the PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root-t0lteatt-t0lteatt-samsungsghi317.tar.md5 file (Same File that you extracted on your desktop on Step 1)

ODIN Screen
odin307-screen.png

Next, ensure that the check boxes “Auto Reboot”, “F. Reset Time” and “PDA” are the only check boxes checked and the rest are not. And Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked on the ODIN application

Step 7. Click start and wait for some time to run the root process.

Once the process is finished on your device you will see the a PASS message with green background on the ODIN application

Now you can disconnect your device from the computer and your device is rooted now....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part:2
Now for flashing a New Custom Rom Steps

If you have done the above^^^^^^^ steps and you've successfully Rooted . Then proceed to Step 1

1. First make sure you have a custom [>>[Recovery]<<] installed.
You can find the Recovery files here:
http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/t0lteatt/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.1-t0lteatt.img.tar Flash this via Odin
http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/t0lteatt/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.1-t0lteatt.zip

2. Then choose your Rom of choice to install.
For those looking for stock 4.3 pre-rooted firmware go>>[HERE]<< Thanks to Zen Arcade
For All Custom Roms look >>[HERE]<< and also >>[HERE]<< for the Original Development Section.
3. After choosing your Rom. You can reboot into recovery now.

Recovery Instructions Below
a. Wipe your system= Factory Data Reset
b. (Goto Advance) Wipe your cache/dalvik, Data, System, Internal 3x
c. Wipe Internal storage for a clean install. [BACK UP your stuff you want before wiping Internal!!!!!]
d. Locate Rom file on your ext SD card, flash Rom, let it finish. Should be about 5 minutes or less.
After you reboot let the Rom settle for about 5-10 minutes minimum. Before setting up your device.[Google Account]
xbwj.jpg

wzdf.jpg

4wn9.jpg

Fix Boot Loop Issue On i317.
If your Note2 is stuck at booting animation for more than 10 minutes after Step 7 Part1 then follow below instructions:

Go to recovery mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together.
Now perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting reboot system now function. In recovery mode wipe cache/dalvik one last time before reboot.
Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.

That’s it! Let us know about your latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean experience.

To downgrade 4.3 I317UCUBMJ4 bootloader...( ATT only for now)
Thanx to @Seanscreams
Go here for instructions and >>[LINK]<<

For some FAQ answers go >>[HERE]<<
Thank you this^^^^^^Zen Arcade

Donations

Donation from kdiff 0GX436403M4020453

Last edited:

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Mine.....:D
Here is theOne Click Odin File...
Please Note The above^^^^^^ file does include Knox security!!!
Its the original Leak 4.3 firmware
Instructions for using the above file.
Follow Part 1 from above. Steps 3-5
Step 3. Now turn off you device and wait for few seconds. Then boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.

Step 4. Now your Note is in download mode, Connect your device to the PC with USB cable.

Step 5. Launch Odin File above on the computer and the ID: COM box of your ODIN Screen will turn to light blue with the COM port number. This means your device is connected successfully with the app.
Then hit start Odin will do it's thing, and then you'll have the 4.3 Bootloader.:confused:

Last edited:

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Thank you so much for this!! I was wondering just today if this was possible yet. It is nice to see it all in one place!

So does triangle away work to clear the binary? I know knox is undoable as of now, but wondering about the other counters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Thanx:thumbup:
As far as the triangle away working, I actually haven't ran it in awhile. Flashing much all the time:).
But last time I used it, was on my TMO GN2 after I Odin back to stock.
But I'm getting ready to clean out my phone soon. So I'll test it and see if it works...:confused:

scottyb0721

May 23, 2011
Thanks for the great step by step! I have one question just for clarification before proceeding on my wifes phone. Can I flash any rom or am I stuck with only 4.3 based roms? My wife absolutely hates all changes in the stock 4.3 update and wants back to the 4.1 she was on before.

xuanphucn

May 6, 2011
Thanks for the great step by step! I have one question just for clarification before proceeding on my wifes phone. Can I flash any rom or am I stuck with only 4.3 based roms? My wife absolutely hates all changes in the stock 4.3 update and wants back to the 4.1 she was on before.
same question. plus if i do this, would it change my knox status?

mindmajick

Account currently disabled

Any rom.

same question. plus if i do this, would it change my knox status?

It won't reset it to 0x0 if that's what you are asking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Thread is a W.i.p...
    Please PM me for any changes that needs to be made here. Or anything you can think of or any info that needs to be added ...
    This tutorial for only those user, who recently updated their device with the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean I317UCUBMK6 firmware. Cf-Auto-root is one of the easiest and fastest way to root Samsung devices, it does nothing but install and enable SuperSU on your system, so apps can gain root access. Rooting has lots of benefits, after rooting your device you can install lots free rooted app on your device, install Custom ROMS etc.

---WARNING!!!!---

Your warranty is void if you follow the given instructions in this guide!!!!!

SOME SMALL REQUIREMENTS REQUIRED!!!!
    Please Read about what your doing to your device if your new at this!!!!!
    Make sure you understand how Android works.
    Knowledge of basic flashing rules is something good to know!!
    Using Custom Rom's, Recoveries, Odin, Etc..
    Reading/Searching is your friend when doing anything to your device...
    Before following the below Mention guide, It’s always recommended to follow the requirements to stay safe.

1. BACKUP YOUR ANDROID DATA
    Make a Full Backup of your Android Apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks. This one is one of the most important step that you have to follow, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps. For help on Backup and Restore check out the below mention guides.
    [Guide] Backing up your data basics. Go >>[HERE]<<
    Titanium Backup
    Titanium Backup is the most powerful backup tool on Android, and then some.
    Rom Toolbox
    ROM Toolbox is THE MUST HAVE APP for every root user. Get ROM Toolbox Pro to unlock all the features!

2. INSTALL GALAXY NOTE 2 DRIVERS
    You need these drivers to connect your device with the computer to follow this guide. Without these USB drivers you can’t connect your device to the PC, first download and install these drivers on your system.
    [DOWNLOAD ANDROID USB DRIVERS]

3. ENABLE USB DEBUGGING MODE

Now you need to enable USB debugging mode. Without enabling USB debugging mode on your device you can’t start the root, Custom ROM or Unlock process.

HOW TO ENABLE USB DEBUGGING MODE ON ANDROID DEVICES
    Enable-USB-Debugging
    Go to setting, General tab, Developers Options.
    (If no developers options visible. Then go to About Device, then scroll down to Build number and click it 7-times to have the developer options come up)
    4. CHARGE YOU ANDROID
    If your device switched off during this process, it could damage or brick the device. Make sure that your Android battery is full charge or near about 50-70% battery level.

How To Update Galaxy i317 via Kies
    Make sure you have stable internet connection on your computer.
    Now download and install>>[Samsung Kies]<<on your computer.
    Turn on your device (if it off) and then connect it to computer with USB cable.
    Run Samsung Kies and wait for it to detect your device.
    You should see a New Firmware Upgrade is available at Samsung Kies home screen.
    Press the Firmware Upgrade button to proceed.
    Follow on screen instruction and soon you will see your device running upgrade and reboot automatically. Once done, you can disconnect your device from computer.
    Again! If you see “This is the latest firmware” in Samsung Kies, then your device yet to receive the latest update on Kies. Its good time to go for manual update instruction that located below.

Part:1
    ROOT GALAXY NOTE 2 AT&T SGH-I317 RUNNING ON ANDROID 4.3

Step 1. Download the Cf-Auto-Root Package for Galaxy Note 2 >>[HERE]<< and extract the folder on your desktop and you will get the CF-Auto-Root-t0lteatt-t0lteatt-samsungsghi317.tar.md5 file.

Step 2. Download the ODIN flash tool >>[HERE]<< and extract the folder on your desktop. You need this tool to flash the root package on your device.

Step 5. Launch Odin on the computer and the ID: COM box of your ODIN Screen will turn to light blue with the COM port number. This means your device is connected successfully with the app.

Step 6. In Odin, click the PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root-t0lteatt-t0lteatt-samsungsghi317.tar.md5 file (Same File that you extracted on your desktop on Step 1)

ODIN Screen
    odin307-screen.png

Next, ensure that the check boxes “Auto Reboot”, “F. Reset Time” and “PDA” are the only check boxes checked and the rest are not. And Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked on the ODIN application

Step 7. Click start and wait for some time to run the root process.

Once the process is finished on your device you will see the a PASS message with green background on the ODIN application

Now you can disconnect your device from the computer and your device is rooted now....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Part:2
    Now for flashing a New Custom Rom Steps

If you have done the above^^^^^^^ steps and you've successfully Rooted . Then proceed to Step 1

1. First make sure you have a custom [>>[Recovery]<<] installed.
    You can find the Recovery files here:
    http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/t0lteatt/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.1-t0lteatt.img.tar Flash this via Odin
    http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/t0lteatt/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.1-t0lteatt.zip

2. Then choose your Rom of choice to install.
    For those looking for stock 4.3 pre-rooted firmware go>>[HERE]<< Thanks to Zen Arcade
    For All Custom Roms look >>[HERE]<< and also >>[HERE]<< for the Original Development Section.
    3. After choosing your Rom. You can reboot into recovery now.

Recovery Instructions Below
    a. Wipe your system= Factory Data Reset
    b. (Goto Advance) Wipe your cache/dalvik, Data, System, Internal 3x
    c. Wipe Internal storage for a clean install. [BACK UP your stuff you want before wiping Internal!!!!!]
    d. Locate Rom file on your ext SD card, flash Rom, let it finish. Should be about 5 minutes or less.
    After you reboot let the Rom settle for about 5-10 minutes minimum. Before setting up your device.[Google Account]
    xbwj.jpg

wzdf.jpg

4wn9.jpg

Fix Boot Loop Issue On i317.
    If your Note2 is stuck at booting animation for more than 10 minutes after Step 7 Part1 then follow below instructions:

Go to recovery mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together.
    Now perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task before selecting reboot system now function. In recovery mode wipe cache/dalvik one last time before reboot.
    Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.

That’s it! Let us know about your latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean experience.

To downgrade 4.3 I317UCUBMJ4 bootloader...( ATT only for now)
    Thanx to @Seanscreams
    Go here for instructions and >>[LINK]<<

For some FAQ answers go >>[HERE]<<
    Thank you this^^^^^^Zen Arcade

Donations

Donation from kdiff 0GX436403M4020453
    Mine.....:D
    Here is theOne Click Odin File...
    Please Note The above^^^^^^ file does include Knox security!!!
    Its the original Leak 4.3 firmware
    Instructions for using the above file.
    Follow Part 1 from above. Steps 3-5

Step 5. Launch Odin File above on the computer and the ID: COM box of your ODIN Screen will turn to light blue with the COM port number. This means your device is connected successfully with the app.
    Then hit start Odin will do it's thing, and then you'll have the 4.3 Bootloader.:confused:
    And 1 more just in case...
    Well done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk