[Q] Needing help finding a noob guide..

Search This thread

BrandonShea

Nov 26, 2013
Hey guys and gals of XDA, I'm new. My name is Brandon, I have an LG G2. And I have some problems. My first problem is I have a D803. (canadian)

I will tell you guys in short what I want and would appreciate it GREATLY if ya'll could help me out.

1 ) Acquire noob guide to CustomROMing, recovering, and all that gibber gabber. I rooted my phone because it was extremely easy and debloated it using Titanium backup already. I literally have NO idea what i'm doing, I've tried to read through guides but I always get stumped considering i'm using a d803 and the backup program thing didn't recognize my phone.I'm not asking ya'll to sit here and pour all your knowledge to me, just a link would be cool. Although if someone wants to do that it'd be appreciated. :)

2 ) I want a Nexus5. But I want my G2, physically. lol. long story short I love the stock google feel of a nexus5, I've tried launchers but I can't find any ones that have transparent bars. So, instead i've stolen the nexus background and emulated the look as much as I can. I'm having a hard time finding any support for the d803 that has the Nexus 5 look , Hoping ya'll can help me on that. I found a Paranoid Android one but I don't know how to actually get it onto my device so I gave up.

3 ) More of a question; If I succeed in custom rom'ing my phone, do I lose all 'normal' G2 functions? As in Quickmemo, Slide aside, Knock on, etc? Quickmemo is extremely important for me as a tech salesman being able to write down SKUs real quick and not all over my hands is awesome. But I would be willing to part with it. Knockon, not so much.
More info that may or may not be relevant:

>D803
>Debloated using titanium backup
>Rooted
>32gb black
>access to a computer

So, in closing, I guess i'll sum this post up in a word. Sorry. I seen the intro video to XDA and about how im the devil if I ask a question that's been asked before, and I know this probably has. But it doesn't have the info i'm looking for. Anyone who can just throw me some links in one consolidated place so I have a set starting point, information and a goal, gets a gold star from me.

Thank you for listening to me. Appreciate any and all help in advance.
-Brandon

Last edited:

braxync

Jan 8, 2014
basically u just want the best of both world which currently non existant :D

perhaps u can try the suggestion for D803 version listed in

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2611749

^^ I've noticed the 4.4 roms are advancing at a nice pace for the G2, give it some time.. I tried some of the earlier 4.4 builds that I couldn't deal with the instability, but I've been running one of the later ones for the last week with very very few issues, so the best of both worlds is hopefully, rapidly approaching.