[q] flashing factory/custom rom without recovery and usb-debug support?

Search This thread

randev4

Jan 4, 2014
hello, i have a starmobile engage 8 tablet from Philippines that I was able to root. i guess the bootloader is LOCKED, there is NO RECOVERY, and I can't install one. usb debug mode is unfortunately DISABLED without thinking that my tablet will have problems. when i restarted the phone, it showed me splash screen/starmobile logo then followed by a blank screen. after around 5 minutes, it restarts and then same thing happens.

what can be done in this case? please help!:crying:

Albraxes PH

Jan 21, 2014
keep trying to fix it!

hello, i have a starmobile engage 8 tablet from Philippines that I was able to root. i guess the bootloader is LOCKED, there is NO RECOVERY, and I can't install one. usb debug mode is unfortunately DISABLED without thinking that my tablet will have problems. when i restarted the phone, it showed me splash screen/starmobile logo then followed by a blank screen. after around 5 minutes, it restarts and then same thing happens.

what can be done in this case? please help!:crying:

I feel your pain, I have the same unit with a different issue but my temporary fix might help you.

Rooted my phone and installed a game(was in the middle of copying a file to the obb ), forgot to activate modded play store and restarted the tablet trying to do a quick modded play store install. after the stupid move My tablet now keeps restarting and stops after the star mobile logo and restarts again and it just keeps restarting.

What I did is I randomly press the following keys to attempt finding the safe mode: home+volup, home+voldown, pow+volup and etc... I finally found the safe mode and did a factory reset which did nothing to fix the restarts. Try not doing this!

Then I pressed and hold both volume keys when the star mobile logo shows up and the red star mobile logo turns blue completing the boot process for some reason starting the tablet.

As of today my engage 8 still does the infinite restart if I restart it but I can bypass it with the method. Hope it helps you.

Planning to do a cache/dalvik cache wipe when my research is done to try and fix this tab, good luck to me...

randev4

Jan 4, 2014
thanks for your reply...:) what i thought was that starmobile technicians do not want to share the key combinations. and im glad that you figured it out. can you remember that specific combinations you used? :confused:so that i can try then...

randev4

Jan 4, 2014
just so you know, i sent the unit to star mobile for repair and they managed to fix it. unfortunately i made the same mistake so i just dumped it.

Ciprum

Mar 8, 2014
thanks for your reply...:) what i thought was that starmobile technicians do not want to share the key combinations. and im glad that you figured it out. can you remember that specific combinations you used? :confused:so that i can try then...

There are only a few buttons on the phone. I mean, if you have 3 buttons, there are 3 combinations.

Assuming your phone has 3 buttons try:
Power + Volume Up
Power + Volume Down
Power + Volume Up + Volume down

If your phone has 4 buttons also try:
Power + Vol Up + Home
Power + Vol Down + Home
Power + Vol Up + Vol Down + Home

NOTE: Press ALL the buttons and hold in the same time.
NOTE2: Try the combinations in the order from top to bottom