Originally Posted by jesgrew
My HTC One fails to connect to any WiFi, ATT hotspots, home router, etc, unless I select restart, power off then back on the phone.
If I try to log on at home it reports "failed to connect". If I power off then on, it connects automatically. But if I leave the house and return, no connection, but it shows all available networks. I disabled all power saver settings, Avast / Battery Guru.
Any solutions available?
From HTC Support
WIPE CACHE PARTITION on your phone
*Note: Before starting with the process, please disable the fast-boot in your phone by going to “Settings, Battery [Power], Fast-boot” uncheck fast-boot.
1. Turn Off the phone
2. Press and hold the power key and the down volume key at the same time until the following screen shows up
3. Go to “Recovery” using the volume keys to navigate and to select press the power key.
4. Press power button again to turn phone on again.
5. The display will change to update the symbol at the top. Momentarily will see a triangle with an exclamation mark.
Press and hold the volume up key and then the power key.
6. Navigate to "Wipe cache partition" using the volume button
7. Press the power button once
8. The screen will show yellow letters, then turn back blue.
9. Please go to "reboot now".
Press the power button.
10. The phone will turn off and on.
That fixed it for me!