Calling out hobbit19

Search This thread

bftb0

Feb 5, 2010
calling anybody out over matters that have/have not been resolved by PM is probably bad form. Nobody "owes" anybody anything here.

I'm sort of looking around for a dev aboot.mbn as well. Maybe I just don't know where to look. I thought I saw a mention of a dev edition Odin file, but looking around right now (e.g. DutchDogg), I can't find a tarball that includes aboot.mbn. Does a full dev edition (including PIT, TZ, aboot, etc) Odin flash file from Samsung/VZW not exist in the wild?

On the retail phone, there is no indication that the aboot partition is encrypted - if you dump from that partition the same number of bytes as are in the distro aboot.mbn (for the same release which is on your phone), you get identical signatures. Same goes for other raw partitions (e.g. boot/recovery).

That suggests that a friendly owner of a dev device could maybe dd a partition or two. Or point out a URL that I've missed. The raw dumps would be useful even if they have trailing crap at the end.

Bueller? ... Bueller? ... Bueller?

TechBSwift

Jul 14, 2010
Calling out @hobbit19 said in this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49149547#post49149547

he had bootloader files yet wont reply to my posts now or pm's calling him out for being full of himself. if anybody has bootloader files for a developer edition please reply here or pm me and i can test them with multiple dev editions

This is completely rood and unnecessary... maybe he's busy, maybe he's not comfortable giving anyone the files until he is sure it won't destroy their device....

oneandroidnut

Jun 5, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
calling anybody out over matters that have/have not been resolved by PM is probably bad form. Nobody "owes" anybody anything here.

I'm sort of looking around for a dev aboot.mbn as well. Maybe I just don't know where to look. I thought I saw a mention of a dev edition Odin file, but looking around right now (e.g. DutchDogg), I can't find a tarball that includes aboot.mbn. Does a full dev edition (including PIT, TZ, aboot, etc) Odin flash file from Samsung/VZW not exist in the wild?

On the retail phone, there is no indication that the aboot partition is encrypted - if you dump from that partition the same number of bytes as are in the distro aboot.mbn (for the same release which is on your phone), you get identical signatures. Same goes for other raw partitions (e.g. boot/recovery).

That suggests that a friendly owner of a dev device could maybe dd a partition or two. Or point out a URL that I've missed. The raw dumps would be useful even if they have trailing crap at the end.

Bueller? ... Bueller? ... Bueller?

Send me a pm mabe we can work on something in hangouts i have a dev edition that is bricked we can try things on lol

This is completely rood and unnecessary... maybe he's busy, maybe he's not comfortable giving anyone the files until he is sure it won't destroy their device....

really? he posted this way back on january 5th. he has been on everyday since then and wont reply to my quotes or anything. he is clearly avoiding me. i stated to him i have a developer edition note 3 that is hard bricked n my possession and can test the bootloader files. i clearly cant destroy anymore just trying to fix a friends device. almost 3 weeks and completely ignoring this topic i think he is full of it and doesnt have the files he says he has

streetracer8605

Sep 20, 2008
Cleveland
Maybe its because the discussions to attempt progress kept getting locked so he's given up on trying to help a community who continuously locks threads in regards to the topic.

drag&fly

Nov 19, 2013
Maybe its because the discussions to attempt progress kept getting locked so he's given up on trying to help a community who continuously locks thread

Yeah I can witness to this. Every time someone tries to help or put out an offer the threads get closed, not becuase the post was in violation but because people go all the way left field.