What does "could not locate csc data package?"

Search This thread

Bernard Warner

Jan 21, 2014
I have a Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900), which is absolutely genuine, but purchased from China, so it is therefore “Region Locked”. I have tried to get this ‘unlocked’ by various companies advertising on Ebay etc, but they are unable to do so. I Downloaded the “Region Lock Away” successfully, and then when I press “Region Unlock”, I am given the message: “Could not locate CSC data! You could try flashing a CSC package to correct this”. So my question obviously is, how do I do this, especially as I am somewhat nervous at anything more involved, (i.e. ‘Rooting’ etc). Any and all help will be appreciated.

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
The CSC package is inside file cache.img from one Rom.
Look the attach img from N900 (files from Rom to flash by Odin), there are two files cache.img + hidden.img.
Making a Mod csc.tar.md5 whit this two files from one Rom having Your CSC, we can flash it by Odin in csc and we have it installed.
This example attached have only the csc SER from Russia.

Attachments

• N900-NA6-Files-Russia.jpg
    N900-NA6-Files-Russia.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 2,198
Last edited:

Bernard Warner

Jan 21, 2014
Thank you Valente for your reply, it is appreciated, but please could I ask how in simple steps I actually do this.......you are dealing with a 66 year old here!!

My kindest regards,

Bernard

Last edited:

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
Well, in Portugal the N900 is not sale only N9005 then I only give You some idea. But this isn't so simple.

First You must give me what is Your Rom working. On phone keyboard type *#1234# (may be return) and You have the AP, CP and CSC
Send me this. Then what Your CSC and Carrier/Operator to see from what Rom we must extract the cache.img.

Your N900 must have the 4.3 then the Knox also, it's true? If yes it have the Knox botloader and on Odin sometimes isn't possible to flash for example a csc_version OXX or OXA from UK over one for Chine like ZC, Knox bootloader not permit because region not compatible.

Send me that data to see what is possible. Alright?

PS: You have access root already?

Last edited:

Bernard Warner

Jan 21, 2014
Well, in Portugal the N900 is not sale only N9005 then I only give You some idea. But this isn't so simple.

First You must give me what is Your Rom working. On phone keyboard type *#1234# (may be return) and You have the AP, CP and CSC
Send me this. Then what Your CSC and Carrier/Operator to see from what Rom we must extract the cache.img.

Your N900 must have the 4.3 then the Knox also, it's true? If yes it have the Knox botloader and on Odin sometimes isn't possible to flash for example a csc_version OXX or OXA from UK over one for Chine like ZC, Knox bootloader not permit because region not compatible.

Send me that data to see what is possible. Alright?

PS: You have access root already?

Thank you Valente....you are very kind, and I have to say, you English is very good. I will try to answer as best as I can.

The 3 references are:

AP: N9000ZCUBMI5
CP: N9000ZCUBMI3
CSC: N9000CHNBMI5

My SIM is with Orange (United Kingdom).

I am not sure what else you may need, but I have not "Rooted" the phone other than to download the "Region Lock Away" app.

Thank you again,

Bernard

Last edited:

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
Thank you Valente....you are very kind, and I have to say, you English is very good. I will try to answer as best as I can.
The 3 references are:
AP: N9000ZCUBMI5
CP: N9000ZCUBMI3
CSC: N9000CHNBMI5
My SIM is with Orange (United Kingdom).
I am not sure what else you may need, but I have not "Rooted" the phone other than to download the "Region Lock Away" app.
Thank you again,

Bernard
This is not good. Your Model is a SM-N9000 and not a SM-N900. Is a Chinese Model unknown on Sammobile.
See on Settings / General / About Device... You must have Model number SM-N9000. True?
In this case You not have anything on Sammobile to this device.

See here: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ write N9000 on white box on top right and You see N9000Q nothing for N9000

Anyway if You write there N900 You see many Rom's for many Countries but not for UK. There aren't UK CSC's for N900.

The Rom is a ZC, You can't flash anything from European XX Rom´s over it. And it have a single csc=CHN not have a Multi CSC (a CSC package). I unknown solve Your problem.

In this case I can't help You, is very difficult. Sorry.

Last edited:

Rme09

Aug 5, 2015
Samsung S4 Mini i9195

The CSC package is inside file cache.img from one Rom.
Look the attach img from N900 (files from Rom to flash by Odin), there are two files cache.img + hidden.img.
Making a Mod csc.tar.md5 whit this two files from one Rom having Your CSC, we can flash it by Odin in csc and we have it installed.
This example attached have only the csc SER from Russia.

Boa Noite Valente.

Can u give me some help?

i have a samsung galaxy s4 mini and i need to region unlock it.

When i use regionlock away it gives me the message that im missing a csc package!

Can you help me wit this matter?

Dont know if talking in english is a rule in this chat xD im portuguese too =)