[Q] Enable LTE access on T-Mobile's network

Search This thread

a sandwhich

Jan 12, 2014
I have an AT&T SGH-I747 running CM11 that I have unlocked and using on T-mobile's network. Unfortunately though I can only access edge and I would like to be able to acces 3g, 4g, or LTE. How would I go about enabling this on my phone? Any help is appreciated.

TopoX84

Apr 8, 2008
Mill Creek, WA
I have an AT&T SGH-I747 running CM11 that I have unlocked and using on T-mobile's network. Unfortunately though I can only access edge and I would like to be able to acces 3g, 4g, or LTE. How would I go about enabling this on my phone? Any help is appreciated.

Seems that the problem could be on the APN... Search for them it should be something like fast.t-mobile.com

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

TopoX84

Apr 8, 2008
Mill Creek, WA
I have tried several different APN's and none have worked/given me anything more than edge.

My tmobile APN settings... Note - I have an unlocked AT&T HTC ONE

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390354742501.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390354742501.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 30
  • uploadfromtaptalk1390354753634.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390354753634.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 26

TopoX84

Apr 8, 2008
Mill Creek, WA
I used to work for t-mobile and that's the LTE APN...

check on their website the LTE coverage areas around you.

Make a backup of your device and attempt a factory reset.
there were some devices I worked with that the factory reset worked like a magic trick.

a sandwhich

Jan 12, 2014
I used to work for t-mobile and that's the LTE APN...

check on their website the LTE coverage areas around you.

Make a backup of your device and attempt a factory reset.
there were some devices I worked with that the factory reset worked like a magic trick.

I can't really do a factory reset, as I am currently running CM11 and I was previously on ATT. My friend on Tmobile get's LTE coverage here so I would assume I would be capable of that as well. Or at least get 3g coverage.

TopoX84

Apr 8, 2008
Mill Creek, WA
I can't really do a factory reset, as I am currently running CM11 and I was previously on ATT. My friend on Tmobile get's LTE coverage here so I would assume I would be capable of that as well. Or at least get 3g coverage.

I read some old topics where upgrading TWRP or CWM to the latest and 're-flashing was solving the LTE issue this was about 3-4 months ago

a sandwhich

Jan 12, 2014
I read some old topics where upgrading TWRP or CWM to the latest and 're-flashing was solving the LTE issue this was about 3-4 months ago

Hmmm, ok. I have the second to most recent CWM and I reflashed to CM11 again just this morning. Still don't have access.

Last edited: