1,305 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,652

By verygreen, Senior Member on 7th January 2014, 01:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st January 2014, 06:23 PM |#491  
Flag Waidhofen
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Has anyone tested the 1/21 Nightly? Any random reboots or black screen flickering issues?

21st January 2014, 08:13 PM |#492  
Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanSpatschek

Has anyone tested the 1/21 Nightly? Any random reboots or black screen flickering issues?

With 1/21 for around 3 hours. Screen flickering still there. Haven't experienced any random reboot.... yet....

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer621

I've also had issue with 1080p anime. It plays but way too much stutter.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'm not sure about the 1080p issue. I tried 720p only. MX player with H/W decoder enabled. It works smoothly. 1/21 build here.
The Following User Says Thank You to js365 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift js365 Ad-Free
21st January 2014, 10:50 PM |#493  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 143

More
There were no device specific changes in the latest nightly. Therefore, the same issues will still exist.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk
22nd January 2014, 02:11 AM |#494  
Columbus
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpaulien

That's so weird. I've never had any issues with Wi-Fi on CM11 so far. Including the 01-19 official build. It just jumps right in with access whenever I need it. No need to reset anything. I have the 'Wi-Fi on during sleep' set to only when plugged in. And whether it's plugged in or not, it never has a problem connecting.

Sent from my Nook HD+ with unofficial Carbon on emmc using Tapatalk 4

Ok. I think I have finally figured out what is going on. Notice that I didn't say I know why, but what. First for those of you who are having the Wi-Fi issues, are you running on dalvik or ART? I don't know why, but I think it makes a difference. I've been running on ART for the last few days, and haven't experienced any problems with Wi-Fi.

Today, for kicks I decided to go back to dalvik, just to see if I could notice anything different. Well, the first thing I noticed was that my Wi-Fi wasn't working. I couldn't even start it by deactivate it and reactivate it, or by turning on airplane mode and back off. So I went to Wi-Fi settings and had to enter in my password. Which is exactly the problem others have been complaining about.

I thought, there's no way that could be the difference, there must be something different in this build. So to test, I decided to go back TO ART and after the reboot happened, I had instant access to Wi-Fi.

So it's my theory that SOMEHOW ART is remembering the Wi-Fi password, but dalvik isn't. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Nook HD+ with official CM11 on emmc using Tapatalk pro
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bpaulien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bpaulien Ad-Free
22nd January 2014, 02:20 AM |#495  
Flag Waidhofen
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:

Ok. I think I have finally figured out what is going on. Notice that I didn't say I know why, but what. First for those of you who are having the Wi-Fi issues, are you running on dalvik or ART? I don't know why, but I think it makes a difference. I've been running on ART for the last few days, and haven't experienced any problems with Wi-Fi.

Today, for kicks I decided to go back to dalvik, just to see if I could notice anything different. Well, the first thing I noticed was that my Wi-Fi wasn't working. I couldn't even start it by deactivate it and reactivate it, or by turning on airplane mode and back off. So I went to Wi-Fi settings and had to enter in my password. Which is exactly the problem others have been complaining about.

I thought, there's no way that could be the difference, there must be something different in this build. So to test, I decided to go back TO ART and after the reboot happened, I had instant access to Wi-Fi.

So it's my theory that SOMEHOW ART is remembering the Wi-Fi password, but dalvik isn't. Hope this helps.

Good point! I am running Dalvik and just experienced a random reboot on 1/21 Nightly and the Wi-Fi issue. Strange.
22nd January 2014, 02:24 AM |#496  
Flag Puyallup WA
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:

I've been on dalvik from the start (never tried ART, can't give up Xposed) and have no problems at all with Wi-Fi on 1/17 UNOFFICIAL. On 1/10 I did have to turn Wi-Fi off and back on after sleep.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk 2
22nd January 2014, 03:06 AM |#497  
Flag SJC
Thanks Meter: 133

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chn110

1/18 build is very smooth. One issue with 1080p video playback. I used to be able to record 1080p video using camcorder onto a MicroSD card, and then plug the card into Nook HD+ and play back using VPlayer with HW decoder enabled. This worked beautifully with the Stock ROM. In 1/18 Vplayer can only play with HW decoder disabled and the video will stutter. It crashes if enabled.

1/18 unofficial or nightly ? The 1080p fix probably didn't make in until the 1/19 nightly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
22nd January 2014, 03:22 AM |#498  
Columbus
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaGen

I've been on dalvik from the start (never tried ART, can't give up Xposed) and have no problems at all with Wi-Fi on 1/17 UNOFFICIAL. On 1/10 I did have to turn Wi-Fi off and back on after sleep.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk 2

I've only heard of Xposed, never used, or read what it can do, really (or how to install it). So I guess I don't know what I am missing. Might give it a try some time. if I'm not too lazy!

Sent from my LG-LS855 using Tapatalk 2
22nd January 2014, 03:54 AM |#499  
OP Senior Member
TN
Thanks Meter: 2,652

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I've only heard of Xposed, never used, or read what it can do, really (or how to install it). So I guess I don't know what I am missing. Might give it a try some time. if I'm not too lazy!

I run my own builds (and ocasionally nightlies) and I have zero wifi problems. Did not get around to trying ART, so 100% davlik.
22nd January 2014, 04:25 AM |#500  
Thanks Meter: 449

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by verygreen

I run my own builds (and ocasionally nightlies) and I have zero wifi problems. Did not get around to trying ART, so 100% davlik.

I myself have no Wi-Fi problems on my build with TI WPA _SUPPLICANT. I think it might depend on the user's router/modem/security.

However, webdroidmt uses my build and have Wi-Fi problem. He replaced the wpa_supplicant.conf from the TI WPA_SUPPLICANT with non TI WPA_SUPPLICANT and it fixes it for him. Maybe someone here should test it out to see if it fixes the Wi-Fi problem for them.
All they have to do is edit the content inside /system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf

Non TI WPA_SUPPLICANT
Code:
update_config=1
ctrl_interface=wlan0
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1
p2p_no_group_iface=1
TI WPA_SUPPLICANT
Code:
update_config=1
ctrl_interface=wlan0
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1
device_name=Blaze
manufacturer=TI
model_name=Wilink
model_number=wl18xx
serial_number=12345
disassoc_low_ack=1
concurrent_sched_scan=1
config_methods=physical_display virtual_push_button keypad
p2p_disabled=1
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to succulent For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift succulent Ad-Free
22nd January 2014, 04:27 AM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by verygreen

Ive ran both of your builds and have had no wifi problems at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by succulent

I myself have no Wi-Fi problems on my build with TI WPA _SUPPLICANT. I think it might depend on the user's router/modem/security.

However, webdroidmt uses my build and have Wi-Fi problem. He replaced the wpa_supplicant.conf from the TI WPA_SUPPLICANT with non TI WPA_SUPPLICANT and it fixes it for him. Maybe someone here should test it out to see if it fixes the Wi-Fi problem for them.
All they have to do is edit the content inside /system/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

Non TI WPA_SUPPLICANT

Code:
update_config=1
ctrl_interface=wlan0
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1
p2p_no_group_iface=1
TI WPA_SUPPLICANT
Code:
update_config=1