22nd January 2014, 07:23 AM |#171  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Brighton & Hove
Thanks Meter: 15,013

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulnahar

But I wanted to listen it at low volume as expected at lower steps.

A generic volume booster will boost the overall audio. xLOUD boosts the overall audio even at low volume.

I have said before that I cannot change volume step by step. That's impossible.

Out of all the ways I can volume boost, you can never tune the volume step by step. It can either be boosted in all steps or not boosted at all.

Have you ever stopped to think about turning off beats audio?

Sony users would switch off xLOUD if the volume was too loud for them.

If you aren't bothered to turn off beats audio when you want to listen to low volumes, that's your problem.

You know, I did mod beats audio volume for a reason - so you can turn it off and on, like xLOUD.

Sent from mah haytch tee see Juan via Crap-eh-talk
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ZeroInfinity For This Useful Post: [ View ]

22nd January 2014, 12:19 PM |#172  
Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Noob Question
Hey i'm completely stock and unrooted.. It's not modified in any way since I bought it.. Single Sim HTC One M7 bought in India..

Will i be able to flash it with stock recovery?

Or can I extract the 2 files you've modified (playbackbeats.eq and playbackbeats_l.eq) and replace the original ones in /system/etc/tfa ? Would I need root for this?
22nd January 2014, 02:47 PM |#173  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Brighton & Hove

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhunakul

Hey i'm completely stock and unrooted.. It's not modified in any way since I bought it.. Single Sim HTC One M7 bought in India..

Will i be able to flash it with stock recovery?

Or can I extract the 2 files you've modified (playbackbeats.eq and playbackbeats_l.eq) and replace the original ones in /system/etc/tfa ? Would I need root for this?

No, you MUST have custom recovery in order to flash ANYTHING.

root is not necessary.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZeroInfinity For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2014, 03:09 PM |#174  
Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroInfinity

No, you MUST have custom recovery in order to flash ANYTHING.

root is not necessary.

Can I replace those two files (after i've taken a backup of the original ones) ? using the file explorer..? if I do not wish to flash a custom recovery...
22nd January 2014, 03:55 PM |#175  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Brighton & Hove

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhunakul

Can I replace those two files (after i've taken a backup of the original ones) ? using the file explorer..? if I do not wish to flash a custom recovery...

Then you must have root for replacing system files.

Either way, you must modify your phone (Root/custom recovery) to flash ANY modifications.
The Following User Says Thank You to ZeroInfinity For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th February 2014, 03:30 AM |#176  
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Quote:

Then you must have root for replacing system files.

Either way, you must modify your phone (Root/custom recovery) to flash ANY modifications.

is this mod still compatible with 4.4.2?
6th February 2014, 07:11 AM |#177  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Brighton & Hove

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnknown

is this mod still compatible with 4.4.2?

It will be compatible with ANY android version because the files I have modified will not change (hopefully) in future updates

Sent from mah haytch tee see Juan via crapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZeroInfinity For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2014, 08:56 PM |#178  
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Hey Zero Love your mods they both work great on my device. I jumping off topic a bit so hopefully you can answer, just want to ask a question out of curiosity since your the sound guru here. Is there a way to make the lowest sound value on the HTC One lower, because sometimes at work I turn the notifications down to the lowest but its still pretty loud. (This is without your mod installed by the way so not blaming your mod for anything) So thats all I really want to ask, would really love to be able to tone the lowest value down a little more. Thanks.
13th February 2014, 09:17 PM |#179  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Brighton & Hove

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglo

Hey Zero Love your mods they both work great on my device. I jumping off topic a bit so hopefully you can answer, just want to ask a question out of curiosity since your the sound guru here. Is there a way to make the lowest sound value on the HTC One lower, because sometimes at work I turn the notifications down to the lowest but its still pretty loud. (This is without your mod installed by the way so not blaming your mod for anything) So thats all I really want to ask, would really love to be able to tone the lowest value down a little more. Thanks.

I can't lower individual step volumes. That is simply impossible for any android phones. It's either system wide volume boost (Boosts all volumes, every step) or no volume boost.

Even DSPs mod system volumes, I haven't seen one which can mod individual volume steps...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZeroInfinity For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2014, 09:55 PM |#180  
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Quote:

I can't lower individual step volumes. That is simply impossible for any android phones. It's either system wide volume boost (Boosts all volumes, every step) or no volume boost.

Even DSPs mod system volumes, I haven't seen one which can mod individual volume steps...

I don't mean increasing the steps because I know you cant change the volume steps I read it alot in the forums already lol. I was thinking more like a system wide volume Decrease instead of boost?
13th February 2014, 10:01 PM |#181  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 2,148

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglo

I don't mean increasing the steps because I know you cant change the volume steps I read it alot in the forums already lol. I was thinking more like a system wide volume Decrease instead of boost?

If I may...
Why don't you take the mentioned notification sound and lower its volume in any audio editing program and then use it like that?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boomsound, boost, htc one, speaker, volume
Previous Thread Next Thread