FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

New OTA Update for Incredible 4g LTE 1/6/14

131 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By pmcall, Senior Member on 7th January 2014, 03:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd January 2014, 03:29 AM |#51  
kimba99's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 104
 
Donate to Me
More
i also noticed that the CM-related "pacman ROM" for dinc4g/fireball even for their CM-10.2 related builds already updated to be on the committed source-updates for the new 2.19.605.2 OTA-2014 builds as of 2014-01-19!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre559

The Cyanogenmod page for the Fireball (which I believe is maintained by mdmower) has recommended to update our firmware for better compatibility with current CM11 builds. http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Fireball_Info

Warning: this may be a noobish question:
Is there an easy way to update the firmware in this package without having to kill our existing CM11, install the OTA package, then reinstall CM11?

do NOT blindly apply the whole and/or just self-selected parts from the new OTA-2014 firmware!!! (that is what actually bricked my so beloved dinc4g *cough*)

... better wait for some "proper dev" to put together a partial _radio-only_ (or maybe sth more) tested and approved OTA-2014 firmware-package that can safely be applied to currently s-off'ed/rooted devices without breaking either root or even bricking the device as such!
The Following User Says Thank You to kimba99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kimba99 Ad-Free
22nd January 2014, 05:23 AM |#52  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre559

The Cyanogenmod page for the Fireball (which I believe is maintained by mdmower) has recommended to update our firmware for better compatibility with current CM11 builds. http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Fireball_Info

Warning: this may be a noobish question:
Is there an easy way to update the firmware in this package without having to kill our existing CM11, install the OTA package, then reinstall CM11?

Quote:

Beginning with nightly CM-11-20140109, the radio libraries have been updated from OTA 2.19.605.2.

As of 01-09-2014. If you are running any nightly past that, you should already have the new firmware.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to articzap For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift articzap Ad-Free
22nd January 2014, 03:51 PM |#53  
Senior Member
columbus, oh
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
if anyone has any suggestions... i'm open to them.

i'm s-off, rooted, running viper 211 and jose's kernel.

i've been deferring the update nag screen. now when i try to defer i get "defer time can not over 2014-01-21". if i hit the home button i can get to my homescreen and phone works as normal.

i've modified my build.prop with no success. the build.fingerprint, and the 2 ota check-ins (....htc.nocheckin and the ....venom.enableCOTA) are all i expected to need to change. i've played with other items in there that list the version number with no change.

one strange thing i've noticed is if i go to settings | software update | status i get the message i posted a few posts up that has both software versions listed (if i hit check now nothing happens so i think the build.prop is correctly disabling that). seems like the update is "pending" somewhere. there are no update files in /cache (i've cleared cache and dalvik). does anyone know where the defer time is saved on the phone or where else i can look on the phone to turn this popup off?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=44

i'm not sure what else to do. everytime i turn on / wake the phone i get the update nag and have to hit the home button to get to my phone. while everything still works - this is starting to get old.

anyone have any ideas on getting rid of the nag? i guess my next step is to live with it, or try a wipe and flash viper 220. i'm assuming i since i'm already running viper211 and jose's kernel i can just wipe in twrp and flash viper220? do i need to worry about flashing the boot.img with my setup?
22nd January 2014, 04:36 PM |#54  
kimba99's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 104
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j13smiley

anyone have any ideas on getting rid of the nag? i guess my next step is to live with it, or try a wipe and flash viper 220. i'm assuming i since i'm already running viper211 and jose's kernel i can just wipe in twrp and flash viper220? do i need to worry about flashing the boot.img with my setup?

if you decide to update to viper220 (which needs a wipe!) ... i'd suggest to do a full backup of your application-settings and save the app-data (via e.g. titanium-backup) ... so you could restore most of you stuff (apart from the actual system and venom files of course). ... and yes, jose's kernel will work just fine on viper220 as well
22nd January 2014, 06:40 PM |#55  
Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by articzap

As of 01-09-2014. If you are running any nightly past that, you should already have the new firmware.

I am on 01-17-2014 and the baseband version is still showing 1.53.06.0919 (despite using the updated libraries). I think we will need to either update from the bootloader or flash from fastboot, but I am not going to do anything until one of the Devs rings in as Kimba has suggested.
22nd January 2014, 09:40 PM |#56  
DavDoc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j13smiley

if anyone has any suggestions... i'm open to them.

i'm s-off, rooted, running viper 211 and jose's kernel.

i've been deferring the update nag screen. now when i try to defer i get "defer time can not over 2014-01-21". if i hit the home button i can get to my homescreen and phone works as normal.

i've modified my build.prop with no success. the build.fingerprint, and the 2 ota check-ins (....htc.nocheckin and the ....venom.enableCOTA) are all i expected to need to change. i've played with other items in there that list the version number with no change.

one strange thing i've noticed is if i go to settings | software update | status i get the message i posted a few posts up that has both software versions listed (if i hit check now nothing happens so i think the build.prop is correctly disabling that). seems like the update is "pending" somewhere. there are no update files in /cache (i've cleared cache and dalvik). does anyone know where the defer time is saved on the phone or where else i can look on the phone to turn this popup off?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=44

i'm not sure what else to do. everytime i turn on / wake the phone i get the update nag and have to hit the home button to get to my phone. while everything still works - this is starting to get old.

anyone have any ideas on getting rid of the nag? i guess my next step is to live with it, or try a wipe and flash viper 220. i'm assuming i since i'm already running viper211 and jose's kernel i can just wipe in twrp and flash viper220? do i need to worry about flashing the boot.img with my setup?

Check all of your Cache folders and make sure you don't have this downloaded and hanging out. My wife had a cheap Pantech that I rooted for her and changed the recovery to CWM. When a Verizon update came up, it would download the OTA on it's own but the update would never take because of the custom recovery. I would have to go in and erase the OTA file somewhere within the cache folder - don't remember where. It became something she just dealt with until she got another phone.
22nd January 2014, 09:54 PM |#57  
junkmail9's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 230
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba99

if you decide to update to viper220 (which needs a wipe!) ... i'd suggest to do a full backup of your application-settings and save the app-data (via e.g. titanium-backup) ... so you could restore most of you stuff (apart from the actual system and venom files of course). ... and yes, jose's kernel will work just fine on viper220 as well

This is exactly what I did, plus a Nandroid first. You will need to flash jose's kernel separately after installing Viper 2.2.0.

I also took a few minutes before wiping to take screenshots of (most) settings pages (Viper and in HTC Settings) to help speed up the process of tweaking everything back in the way I like it.
23rd January 2014, 12:28 AM |#58  
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMutth

I read on a post from last year that deleting the htcomadm_settings_plugin_vzw.apk and htcomadm_vzw.apk files from /system/app folder would stop it.

THANK YOU! I'll give this a try.

sent from my DINC4 using Tapatalk 2
23rd January 2014, 12:43 AM |#59  
JimMutth's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by homers1

THANK YOU! I'll give this a try.

sent from my DINC4 using Tapatalk 2

/system/app on my phone. So far I've not seen the reminder or download message at all.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to JimMutth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JimMutth Ad-Free
23rd January 2014, 02:02 AM |#60  
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Looks like it's working for me too. Same set up. Worked even b4 reboot!

sent from my DINC4 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to homers1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift homers1 Ad-Free
23rd January 2014, 05:34 PM |#61  
Senior Member
columbus, oh
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
hmmm... so today i get the venom illegal rom message... seems like my build.prop changes are not taking effect.

for fun i looked at permissions of the files in /system - build.prop is different from all the others. did my editor not save it with the correct permissions (i used fx file exitor that is packaged with venom) - maybe that's why i keep getting the nag messages?

build.prop is showing as -rw-r--r--
everything else shows drwxr-xr-x

EDIT - nevermid... some research shows default build.prop permissions should be 644 (rw-r--r--
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes