[Q] Bricked Phone With Safestrap Recovery

Search This thread

XerorebornX

Jan 22, 2014
I'm a newbie on XDA so pardon anything that I might do "wrong"

So I was using safestrap recovery to play around with some custom roms, and I was going to switch to a new rom so I thought I was going to delete everything from Rom-Slot 1, but actually ended up going to the section where you can check off everything you want to delete from the the rom. I ended up checking all except micro SD card, and ended up deleting all the data from the stock rom by accident. I tried restarting the phone but all I see now is a stuck "Galaxy Note 3" on boot-up.

I've tried using Odin (with the BL AP CP CSC and PIT files ) to flash back and Oneclickbin.exe, but none work. They all give me a fail message shortly (or a couple minutes) after I press start

Additional notes:
Rooted with kingo root
I got the OTA update on the stock rom (The one with the black stock keyboard)

Please Help!!!

How do I fix this?!?!

UPDATE: Problem not fixed, but when I try to turn on the device, it now says:
"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again"

I plugged my phone in the computer and kies can't connect to the device....

Last edited:

Agent

Feb 5, 2013
I'm a newbie on XDA so pardon anything that I might do "wrong"

So I was using safestrap recovery to play around with some custom roms, and I was going to switch to a new rom so I thought I was going to delete everything from Rom-Slot 1, but actually ended up going to the section where you can check off everything you want to delete from the the rom. I ended up checking all except micro SD card, and ended up deleting all the data from the stock rom by accident. I tried restarting the phone but all I see now is a stuck "Galaxy Note 3" on boot-up.

I've tried using Odin (with the BL AP CP CSC and PIT files ) to flash back and Oneclickbin.exe, but none work. They all give me a fail message shortly (or a couple minutes) after I press start

Additional notes:
Rooted with kingo root
I got the OTA update on the stock rom (The one with the black stock keyboard)

Please Help!!!

How do I fix this?!?!

UPDATE: Problem not fixed, but when I try to turn on the device, it now says:
"Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again"

I plugged my phone in the computer and kies can't connect to the device....

Are you using Kies 3 or just the regular Kies?

XerorebornX

Jan 22, 2014
Still no

Are you using Kies 3 or just the regular Kies?
I'm using Kies 3 and tried emergency recovery. It didn't work. Kies 3 actually doesn't even recognize my note 3 as a supported device, but I attempted the recovery anyway. I can get to step in the recovery where the recovery window on my computer says, "Do Not disconnect your device from the PC" but the loading bar never goes past 0%, then after a while it'll give me another fail message...

Last edited:

LuckyColdJohnson

Dec 27, 2012
Garland, TX
I'm using Kies 3 and tried emergency recovery. It didn't work. Kies 3 actually doesn't even recognize my note 3 as a supported device, but I attempted the recovery anyway. I can get to step in the recovery where the recovery window on my computer says, "Do Not disconnect your device from the PC" but the loading bar never goes past 0%, then after a while it'll give me another fail message...

Try this my friend (Same as above post sorry)

XerorebornX

Jan 22, 2014

Problem solved!!!
Thank you so much :D