Porting 4.2.2 Rom with 4.2.1 Base

Search This thread

HTCFan00

Jan 18, 2014
Hey guys
I am trying to port a 4.2.2 rom but my phone currently only has a 4.2.1 rom. When I port the rom I get lots of force close errors such as SystemUI has stopped what should I do to fix this.

Sent from my HTC One

Adnan 1O1

Jan 18, 2014
Hyderabad
Oops!

Hey guys
I am trying to port a 4.2.2 rom but my phone currently only has a 4.2.1 rom. When I port the rom I get lots of force close errors such as SystemUI has stopped what should I do to fix this.

Sent from my HTC One

Did you copy the whole apps/system folder from stock to base or vice versa?! Say you Didn't!!:D

Adnan 1O1

Jan 18, 2014
Hyderabad
1) which phone are you trying to port the ROM?
2) which phones ROM are you trying to port?

BTW you just can't port the whole folder of system or anything! Be very choosy and port only the .apk's which WILL work on your device i.e, the ROM you are trying to port to your phone should have the same specs as your phone!
For ex. I am trying to port a galaxy s3 ROM to a galaxy ace, which won't work as the s3's CPU is much more high and takes a lot more processes at one time, which an ace can't handle and will thus give me a lot of FC errors!

Sent from my Micromax A116 using xda app-developers app

HTCFan00

Jan 18, 2014
The rom I am trying to port is built for the same device as the base but problem is it doesn't boot so I was wondering if I could port it instead.

Adnan 1O1

Jan 18, 2014
Hyderabad
Hmmmm. What device is it?
Make sure you do a full wipe/factory reset and cache partition on your phone!!
Make sure the device is rooted and a custom recovery like cwm is installed!

Sent from my Micromax A116 using xda app-developers app