Kindle Fire HDX QHSUSB_BULK Fix...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

vdsno1

Nov 6, 2013
Thanks

In case of lost boot I can not use this way????

Last edited:

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator

It is going to depend on why you lost boot. This really only applies to those that forced their device into Fastboot mode, particularly anyone that used a Factory Fastboot cable, when you have a condition where the device will not turn back on. It times out of QHSUSB_BULK mode & then is reset by a long hold power condition.

If you made changes to certain system files without properly applying permissions, this could also possibly help. If you however, completely removed system files, then I have no idea. I have not tested that yet, though it seems that it may as the HDX does appear to hold a good portion of the raw firmware on-board for some reason I have not been able to completely determine yet.

Reactions: bstone65

vdsno1

Nov 6, 2013
It is going to depend on why you lost boot. This really only applies to those that forced their device into Fastboot mode, particularly anyone that used a Factory Fastboot cable, when you have a condition where the device will not turn back on. It times out of QHSUSB_BULK mode & then is reset by a long hold power condition.

If you made changes to certain system files without properly applying permissions, this could also possibly help. If you however, completely removed system files, then I have no idea. I have not tested that yet, though it seems that it may as the HDX does appear to hold a good portion of the raw firmware on-board for some reason I have not been able to completely determine yet.

Can you give me the link of the software QHSUSB_BULK or not????? I can not find out, and apparently my kindle fire is completely white and 1 computer file no longer anything I'm also trying to recover!

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

I have seen one of the original rom on kindle fire hdx address: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201357190

But the problem here is that I can not be restored with the original rom, I can not connect memory to copy this rom to proceed very difficult recovery method one can not??

Moronig

Dec 2, 2010
Curitiba
Okay. There is a secondary reset in the Kindle Fire HDX Bootloader.

Those of you that have the previously thought brick that gives you the QHSUSB_BULK device USB install, you are NOT bricked.

you need to let the device sit for a few minutes & then press & hold the power button for several minutes. I have successfully recovered from this state doing this (purposely) numerous times. Be patient. Let your device sit in BULK mode for 5 minutes WITHOUT touching anything. Leave it unplugged & do not press any buttons.

After 5 minutes, press & hold ONLY the power button for approximately 2 minutes. It should boot in approximately 90 second to 2 minutes, after which, immediately release the power button & let the device restart.

This works for me on BOTH HDX 7 & 8.9 devices without fail.

I'll try this when I get home, thanks!

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
Can you give me the link of the software QHSUSB_BULK or not????? I can not find out, and apparently my kindle fire is completely white and 1 computer file no longer anything I'm also trying to recover!

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

I have seen one of the original rom on kindle fire hdx address: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201357190

But the problem here is that I can not be restored with the original rom, I can not connect memory to copy this rom to proceed very difficult recovery method one can not??

There is no software. That is a QC diagnostic mode that sits between DLOAD & the bootloader. It may be possible to trigger DLOAD from this mode, however, currently, I do not know if the appropriate driver is available, nor do I know any of the commands that may be used to trigger DLOAD. Likely, since fastboot does not recognize commands, there is a security element that requires a password/key to be sent before, or with any fastboot or DLOAD commands.

I did however reply in YOUR thread & have yet to see any response. I am not sure what you mean by "all white". Are you saying your device powers on, but will not fully boot? If this is the case, you may be able to use ADB to push the system folder, after remounting the partition as R/W, which should restore the files you removed.

TOM XIE

Dec 29, 2013

Those of you that have the previously thought brick that gives you the QHSUSB_BULK device USB install, you are NOT bricked.

you need to let the device sit for a few minutes & then press & hold the power button for several minutes. I have successfully recovered from this state doing this (purposely) numerous times. Be patient. Let your device sit in BULK mode for 5 minutes WITHOUT touching anything. Leave it unplugged & do not press any buttons.

After 5 minutes, press & hold ONLY the power button for approximately 2 minutes. It should boot in approximately 90 second to 2 minutes, after which, immediately release the power button & let the device restart.

I am at this point right now.Could you please tell me more details like what the kindle show at every step?

Roogephy

Dec 28, 2013
It just turn on and turn off. Never sit in a bulk mode.

Never sit in a bulk mode. I have been pushing the power bution for ten minutes.It just turn on and turn off cyclely.

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
Never sit in a bulk mode. I have been pushing the power bution for ten minutes.It just turn on and turn off cyclely.

This is only for devices that are stuck in QC HSUSB_BULK mode. If your device bootloops, then it is NOT in this mode. What did you do to it? I need info, concise info on what you did, so I can MAYBE tell you how to start going at recovering it. Also, is it 7" or 8.9"?

Lupekid

Jan 23, 2014
This is only for devices that are stuck in QC HSUSB_BULK mode. If your device bootloops, then it is NOT in this mode. What did you do to it? I need info, concise info on what you did, so I can MAYBE tell you how to start going at recovering it. Also, is it 7" or 8.9"?

I need help i ersed everything in my kindle.
i used safestrap and i went to WIPE then i clicked ADVANCE And i clicked format all.
I erased my os now its stuck on the kindle logo Grey.

Reactions: mxnerd

sutudaubu

Jul 18, 2013
i used safestrap and i went to WIPE then i clicked ADVANCE And i clicked format all.

I did and stuck just the same ways like Lupekid!!!

Any one help me. I've got about 3 days to return it to normal or die :((

IMNOTL8

May 5, 2015
Kindle recongnized as qhsusb_bulk

qhsusb_bulk
So...

My Kindle Fire HDX is in the same boat... Honestly, not sure what happened. I had rolled back to 3.2.8, installed Saftstrap, SU, thought that I had disabled the OTA update but only by renaming the file. I was rooted and flashed ggow's Nexus mod on the ROM SLOT 1 and left the stock alone. It was working fine, never tried to update anything that night. Was plugged in and connected and booted to the Nexus side. The next morning I was showing someone how I could switch to the Amazon side through Safestrap and still had no issues. I set the Kindle on my desk at work and looked over to see it at the Kindle Fire logo and below it a progress bar saying Installing System Update! What I don't understand is I had not connected to the WiFi at work. The Kindle was wiped out and did not have the WiFi passwords nor did I accept the WiFi policy when connecting.

I had a couple of file on the SD card that I had transferred via the USB cable on the SD portion of the Kindle. The nexus mod .zip file and a copy of the renamed OTA update file that I had changed the name and extension on. Did it somehow recognize the .zip nexus file as an update and try to load it?? I am lost...

I am able to plug it into the computer and was getting the qhsusb_bulk as the device type. I have tried to access that through adb but it doesn't find it.

Amazon was kind enough to offer me a refurbished kindle for $149. I said I can buy a new HD7 for $99!? So... I have just over a year old 64gb HDX staring at me... asking me why I messed with it. Good question...

If anyone has any advice or possible solution, that would be great!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sa·yo·na·ra
    ˌsīəˈnärə/